Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 10:39   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Well now india has to do something so that they can pass time the entire day.
They will have to bat out the entire length and its high time dhoni oke up from his slumber and his devdas self after deepika got pulled away frm him by yuvi and get a century and laxman wel you are always selected only when india plays the ozzies so show what your renowned for dude.
Old 18th January 2008, 10:51   #2837
BHPian

Pathan gone. India 160/6, overall lead of 278 :-((

\N
Old 18th January 2008, 10:51   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Definitely Australia is in advantage with India leading by 276 runs and 5 wickets in hand. These 5 wickets is in mere paper as we know how good Aussies are in running through the tail.

After lunch break Lee would be looking to remove a wicket or two. First 10 overs after lunch is going to be very important. Anything lesser than 350 would not be a competitive match to watch else depend on RP/Pathan/ISharma to do some magic
Listening to you I sometimes wonder which country you belong to. I suppose there are many others like this too.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:08   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry guys. Our saviour is still there. VVS will come good. He has saved us in all the crunch situations. Let's hope he saves us this time also.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:08   #2840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Listening to you I sometimes wonder which country you belong to. I suppose there are many others like this too.
He is surprise, you see ?
Old 18th January 2008, 11:21   #2841
Senior - BHPian

Well somehow they got to get till tea without another going down.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:24   #2842
Senior - BHPian

No point. They need to score runs also. Just staying there will not help. We have two more days left and we also know how aussies will run though our tail. A target of 350+ is what is expected from these people.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:28   #2843
Senior - BHPian

i would say they have to be a little more positive than to dourly defend.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:30   #2844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
No point. They need to score runs also. Just staying there will not help. We have two more days left and we also know how aussies will run though our tail. A target of 350+ is what is expected from these people.
That is very very important. As you keep scoring boundries, its obvious ponting will dilute the attacking set up not to face a mountainous task. Keeping the wickets is of no use and its only important not to loose wickets by playing rash shots

Edit: Iam wondering why ponting has not brought back lee after lunch break & expect Lee to be on the bowling grease to unleash shortly. Hope we survive this lee's session to increase the lead

Last edited by Surprise : 18th January 2008 at 11:34.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:37   #2845
rks
BANNED

The Australians are undoubtedly missing Brad Hogg. They made a bad error in leaving him out, after an excellent all-round performance in Sydney. Neither Sehwag nor Pathan would have been very comfortable against Hogg. I think we will also miss Harbhajan when Aussies bat in the 4th innings.

Ian Chappell was mentioning today that with Pathan looking as good as any batsman and sealing his spot for the forthcoming Adelaide Test, India need to go in with 5 bowlers. He was recommending that Dravid get back to opening and to bring in Harbhajan in place of Jaffer. I think that is an excellent suggestion, but will Kumble have the guts to do that (probably with the senior batsmen opposing it tooth and nail)?

Last edited by rks : 18th January 2008 at 11:42.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:45   #2846
BHPian

For Christ sake, don't make Dravid open again. We made what 17 runs in the first 10 overs at Melbourne? That's downright unacceptable performance. May be it is a mental thing, but it still is not ok. We might end up losing a wicket with Sehwag opening with either Jaffer or Karthick, but I will take 50/1 at the end of 10 overs any day.

If we can bowl right, we can win this test from here guys. Let us not lose heart and let us not jump on our team in a hurry. Not many teams have managed to challenge Australia like we have done in the recent past. We may not have yet won, but these are the steps in the right direction.

Last edited by pmbabu : 18th January 2008 at 11:47.
Old 18th January 2008, 11:51   #2847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Ian Chappell was mentioning today that with Pathan looking as good as any batsman and sealing his spot for the forthcoming Adelaide Test, India need to go in with 5 bowlers. He was recommending that Dravid get back to opening and to bring in Harbhajan in place of Jaffer. I think that is an excellent suggestion, but will Kumble have the guts to do that (probably with the senior batsmen opposing it tooth and nail)?
One of the seniors have to step down in the larger interests of the team. Obviously one chap will not think along those lines, so I think Ganguly should sit the Adelaide test out.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:25   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
One of the seniors have to step down in the larger interests of the team. Obviously one chap will not think along those lines, so I think Ganguly should sit the Adelaide test out.
Lets' wait and see how Kumble will choose his team for 4th test. He has to take some brave decisions which will have repurcussions here in India.

As for as this test, the lead is 352 runs right now and whatever they score from now on will be a bonus for us. Both VVS & MSD has batted sensibly.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:29   #2849
rks
BANNED

Ganguly is not likely to be dropped, after one bad Test. If Kumble even suggests that, there will be an outcry and he will find himself stripped of the captaincy. But Ganguly does not have too much time left and will retire sooner or later.

I think Harbhajan has potential as all-rounder and watching him bat, he seemed to have plenty of time to deal with the pace of Brett Lee. I feel that he is a better bet than Jaffer any day for the Adelaide pitch, which is likely to offer help to both pace and spin bowlers.
Old 18th January 2008, 12:31   #2850
BHPian

Dhoni goes for a well made 38. Now the lead is 353 and only Kumble remains between Aussies and tail. Time for Kumble to gather all his batting prowess and stretch the lead to at least 400.

As per cricinfo commentators the pitch is a batting beauty and is expected to remain so for 4th and 5th days as well.

Edit: Kumble goes for a duck. Expect the lead to be 355. What's you take guys, will this score be able to challenge the aussie batting might?

Re-edit: I have never been able to understand Laxman's way of playing with tailenders. On the second ball of Lee's over, he takes a single and exposes RP.

63.2 Lee to Laxman, 1 run, this one rises and he too chases it, steering it over the slips down to third man, with not a lot of power, and then decides to jog the single

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 18th January 2008 at 12:38.

Most Viewed