Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2008, 19:59   #2986
BHPian

It cannot get better than this, can it! Fabulous performance by India. The next test is in Adelaide, where India beat the Aussies in the 2003 series. The match starts on 24th Jan. Can't wait to see the match. Way to go India!
Old 19th January 2008, 20:20   #2987
BHPian

Good win for India and congratulations to all members of our cricket team for great win that too in Perth.
Old 19th January 2008, 21:13   #2988
Senior - BHPian

As Siddhartha Vaidyanathan very aptly wrote, "Smells like Team Spirit"!

I hope the guys put the win behind them quickly and focus on Adelaide. The insult of Sydney can ONLY by erased by successive wins in the rest of the series. Rub their grubby faces to the ground!
Old 19th January 2008, 22:27   #2989
Senior - BHPian

I hope the team doesn't get super excited about this win,and loses the instinct to win the next game. As we've seen over & over again,one win and the whole world talks about,putting the team on cloud 9.Then one huge defeat,and we land back on earth,pretty hard!

The Aussies will come back with full spirit and try to win the series. As for the 20-20 game,wonder how thats gonna be.
Old 20th January 2008, 12:01   #2990
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
After the Sydney fiasco, many wanted the team to return. But our cricketers had other idea. By winning the Perth test, they gave the best reply possible. Its so unbelievable & dramatic. It can't get better than this.

This is real heroism. Hats of to the Indian cricket team in Australia !
I didnt think our team "planned" to win this game. They won because aussies batted badly in first innings and also in second. If one of their top batsman had added another 30-40 runs, india would have lost. finally, the vistory margin was only 72 runs.

Also, dont see where is real heroism here. I dont think they were fighting some terrorists or lions or leading a revolution.

But yes, they played well and almost everyone contributed except jaffer and ganguly. That made a difference.

That brings up another issue - had symonds been given out at 30 in sydney, who knows, india might have won @ sydney itself.
Old 20th January 2008, 12:32   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I didnt think our team "planned" to win this game. They won because aussies batted badly in first innings and also in second. If one of their top batsman had added another 30-40 runs, india would have lost. finally, the vistory margin was only 72 runs.

Also, dont see where is real heroism here. I dont think they were fighting some terrorists or lions or leading a revolution.

But yes, they played well and almost everyone contributed except jaffer and ganguly. That made a difference.

That brings up another issue - had symonds been given out at 30 in sydney, who knows, india might have won @ sydney itself.
. your balanced and calculative approach/views are appreciated. But than its about Game..Sport! Its definitely not equal to fighting terrorists (or for that metter 'Lions") but it has its own sensitivity and thrill. Not proper to compare these two. It was surely a heroism within its class of competitions. Lets forget ifs and buts and the final 'margin'.. we have defeated the champions in their home and tottered their pride and its a sweet 'sporting' feeling.. Lets enjoy it full who knows aisa kal ho na ho
Old 20th January 2008, 13:34   #2992
Senior - BHPian

Today selectors will be deciding on the ODI team selection. Any takers what will be the combination. Mine take would be:
Sachin /Ganguly /Dravid /Yuvi /Dhoni /Harbajan /Gambir /Sehwag /Ishant /Pathan /RPS /Sreesanth /Zaheer (if he is fit) /Kathik /Joginder Singh /Pankaj. What say guys?

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd July 2020 at 20:02. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 20th January 2008, 14:33   #2993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Mine take would be:
What say guys?
How come you forgot a certain Robin Uthappa? And Murali Karthik over Bajji for one-dayers.

Out of Sachin / Ganguly / Dravid only 2 need play for the one-dayers. The younger boys should be given a chance over the oldies. Sreesanth hasnt been particularly successful in one-dayers so maybe he can heal his shoulder for some more time.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd July 2020 at 20:02. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 20th January 2008, 14:37   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
How come you forgot a certain Robin Uthappa? And Murali Karthik over Bajji for one-dayers.

Out of Sachin/Ganguly/Dravid only 2 need play for the one-dayers. The younger boys should be given a chance over the oldies. Sreesanth hasnt been particularly successful in one-dayers so maybe he can heal his shoulder for some more time.
Ganguly and Dravid have been left out of the squad. Guess if they had dropped one and picked another, it would have become a big controversy.
Old 20th January 2008, 14:46   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Virender Sehwag, Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla
Old 20th January 2008, 14:49   #2996
Senior - BHPian

Ganguly , Dravid & Laxman have been dropped as the selectors wanted a good fielding side. I say the selectors have backed youth and its time for them to step up and be counted - on the hardest tour.
Old 20th January 2008, 14:50   #2997
Senior - BHPian

How long is Zaheer out for??
Old 20th January 2008, 15:00   #2998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
How long is Zaheer out for??
3 months at least !!

ps - I have created a new poll regarding the ODI team selection.Lets have your votes and see what the opinion is.
Old 20th January 2008, 15:04   #2999
Team-BHP Support

I feel that either Sourav or Dravid should heve been there.
Old 20th January 2008, 15:07   #3000
rks
BANNED

Excellent selection. I am for youth all the way, especially in the one-day game.

Last edited by rks : 20th January 2008 at 15:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks