Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2008, 15:24   #3001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
3 months at least !!

ps - I have created a new poll regarding the ODI team selection.Lets have your votes and see what the opinion is.
Can the poll be made public please?
Old 20th January 2008, 15:37   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Can the poll be made public please?
Umm - it cannot be made public, as it was an old poll thats been edited.
Old 20th January 2008, 17:38   #3003
Senior - BHPian

There is no spine in the middle order and all are inexperienced to play in australia against australia/srilanka. No doubt they have talent. Lets take a dig at this selection:
1) Yuvi is out of form (concentrating more on his out field activities rather than infield activities).
2) RP sharma no experience, will collapse against aussies conditions.
3) V Sehwag: Cannot depend on him.
4) R Uthappa: The less said the better.
5) Suresh Raina: Don't know. But he has shown some good batting performance in Ranji.
6) Gambhir/Sehwag/Tendulkar: Openers. Of these, sehwag is certain to sit out as the other two will get the chance.

But what matters is winning. If they want to expose the jrs then let them do so in home series or other series which is not so difficult.

With this team, the Aussies will make mince meat of Indians and Veng & his bunch of jokers will keep pondering what happened & whats next?
Old 20th January 2008, 18:28   #3004
Team-BHP Support

My playing 11 out of the squad selected:
Gambhir
Sachin
Sehwag
Yuvraj
Raina
Uthapa
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhajji
Sreesanth
RP Singh
Old 20th January 2008, 18:43   #3005
rks
BANNED

My team, in the given batting order:

Tendulkar, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Uthappa, Rohit Sharma, Dhoni, Pathan, Harbhajan, Chawla, Sreesanth, RP Singh.

As compared to Eddy's 11, I have Rohit Sharma in place of Gambhir, Chawla in place of Raina. I am going in with 5 bowlers; Pathan, Bhajji and Chawla can also contribute with the bat.

Edit: Can consider Karthik in place of Uthappa and Ishant Sharma in place of Chawla in my 11, depending on performance/conditions.

Last edited by rks : 20th January 2008 at 19:00.
Old 20th January 2008, 20:25   #3006
Team-BHP Support

Gambhir is in rocking form and was very consistent in the last series he played so deserves to start IMO.

Also, I think the 5th bowler quota can be shared with the part timers chipping in so we will probably start the series with the tried and tested 7+4

Edit: Rohit Sharma is horribly out of form currently in the just concluded domestic season.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th January 2008 at 20:27.
Old 20th January 2008, 20:29   #3007
BANNED

What is your job mate? I have strong feeling that you are into writing obituaries
This time Veng & his team have proved that they are not jokers. This is the best team in the country. I have no doubt on March 4th, Dhoni & his team will lift the CBS Trophy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
There is no spine in the middle order and all are inexperienced to play in australia against australia/srilanka. No doubt they have talent.

With this team, the Aussies will make mince meat of Indians and Veng & his bunch of jokers will keep pondering what happened & whats next?

Lets take a dig at this selection:
Quote:
1) Yuvi is out of form (concentrating more on his out field activities rather than infield activities).
He is out of form in tests. In ODIs, his touch is as good as the best.
Quote:
2) RP sharma no experience, will collapse against aussies conditions.
He is India's spearhead in tests. Why can't in ODIs?
Quote:
3) V Sehwag: Cannot depend on him.
He is the only one Aussies fear.
Quote:
4) R Uthappa: The less said the better.
What more doyou want from a cricketer?
Quote:
5) Suresh Raina: Don't know. But he has shown some good batting performance in Ranji.
What more do you need?
I am sure this is the team Aussies are really concerned.
Quote:
6) Gambhir/Sehwag/Tendulkar: Openers. Of these, sehwag is certain to sit out as the other two will get the chance.

But what matters is winning. If they want to expose the jrs then let them do so in home series or other series which is not so difficult.
Old 20th January 2008, 20:32   #3008
Senior - BHPian

Why didn't Kaif get a look in , if the selectors were looking for fielders and fast runners between wickets ? He is also the 4th highest run getter in the Ranji Trophy.

8 matches - 14 innings - 687 runs - 57.25 average
Old 20th January 2008, 20:52   #3009
Senior - BHPian

As usual the media, print and tv alike, are having a field day slamming the selection. The "experts" now want Ganguly back (never mind that just a year and a half ago they were the ones asking for his head).

And here too people have started putting off the team with reasons like we will be slaughtered and this is not the correct time to give youth a chance and what not..

I say - it is the right selection and it is the correct time. Just for a moment lets keep our bias away and think.

Dravid , Laxman , Ganguly and even Sachin - how many more years do they have ? They are not getting any younger and the ODI's are fast and furious which require agile and young feet.

Sachin is there because he is the one revered by younger guys. No one else comes close. And he is a good fielder. But yes he has to go too one day and these are the signs for him that his time is coming too.

Laxman and Ganguly lack the knack of taking ones and twos. Also their fielding is mediocre (at the best). Dravid, since he has resigned as skipper, seems to have mental trouble. he is always standing aloof and is not seen helping out Kumble, which is surprising because he was the last skipper.

And now not blooding youngsters against the Aussies in Australia !! I find this statement very amusing.

I mean we have to compete with the best and if we are backing our youth - lets get them in against the best. I feel this will prove very beneficial in the long run for our team.

For how long will we say that we need seniors and experience in the team ? What are Yuvraj, Bhajji , Dhoni ? New comers with no experience ? Well Yuvi and Bhajji have been playing for more than 5 years now. Its time for them to step up and take responsibilty. And the earlier they do it the better for our team. They have to be the ones guiding Raina, Uthappa, P Kumar and Chawla now.

Similar things were written when our team was selected for the T-20 and see what happened ?

I am not saying that we will win the tri-series and thump the Aussies. All I am saying is - do not judge the team on selection - judge it on performances. Give them a fair chance and see.

This is the team that will be our future team. Its time we start to see our team without the "STARS". They have played their part, very well and cannot be replaced. But now its time to hand over the mantle to the next generation.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 20th January 2008 at 20:54.
Old 20th January 2008, 20:57   #3010
Senior - BHPian

What the heck man? This inexperienced team can beat australia in australia. What can be expected out of this team? The selectors has created blunder by omitting senior players. If Ganguly and Dravid has been dropped, then why Sachin finds a place in young side (as veng and his jokers has put it). Ganguly is the highest run scorer in one dayers from past 12 months.

If Bucknor has blundered with his decisions, then our selectors are making a bigger blunder of omitting the experiended lot.

Before playing the Adelaid test, the result is already known. It will be goinig in Australia's way as the senior players will not play to their potential for sure.

Last edited by snaronikar : 20th January 2008 at 21:08.
Old 20th January 2008, 21:00   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Bunch of jokers are back in action!

When you are playing against a formidable team like Australia, you need some experience in the likes of Ganguly to counter them, and Ganguly was in good form except for the last test match.

I will not be surprised if Team BCCI are whipped open by Aussies and Sri Lankans together!
Old 20th January 2008, 21:05   #3012
Senior - BHPian

snaronikar,

Please do not believe everything that is stated in the media. Rediff now says that Dhoni did not want Ganguly. And there are going to be strong protests in Kolkatta now.

The media always says "SOURCES SAY" - I want to ask who are these sources ? Why are their names hidden ? Why can't they come out and speak in front of the camera / people ?

I agree Ganguly has been playing well the last year and it is a sad decision to leave him out but if something good comes out of it - why not ?

Quote:
Adelaide test will be goinig in Australia's way as the senior players will not play to their potential for sure as they have not been even been considered nor informed about their omission in ODI's.
And if this is what the senior players will behave like in the Adeliade test - it is good they are not there. I personally do not think they will even be thinking of doing what you have written.
Old 20th January 2008, 21:15   #3013
BANNED

If they do it then it will be a totally unprofessional behavior and they don't deserve a place in Tests too and might be dropped from tests too.
Quote:
Adelaid test will be goinig in Australia's way as the senior players will not play to their potential for sure as they have not been even been considered nor informed about their omission in ODI's.
Dravid - a misfit in ODIs, has totally misread the requirements of ODIs.
Ganguly - just a dreamer on field, can't run,can't do anything on field.
The writing is clear. They should announce their retirement & not face the shameful exit.

The reason people are alarmed is that the names look strange. Thats because its only the international playing 15 sounds familiar to the 1 billion Indian public.

Tendulkar: Still a very capable batman, still quick between the wickets & a good fielder and a very useful bowler (more difficult to face than the nanny stuff bowled by Ganguly). Hence he makes it to the team.

Last edited by diabloo : 20th January 2008 at 21:17.
Old 20th January 2008, 21:21   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Just wait & see all those flattered by young blood theory!

If they can win one match against Aussies, that itself will be a acheivement!

Last edited by finneyp : 20th January 2008 at 21:25.
Old 20th January 2008, 21:23   #3015
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Why didn't Kaif get a look in , if the selectors were looking for fielders and fast runners between wickets ? He is also the 4th highest run getter in the Ranji Trophy.
I would definitely have had Kaif in place of Gambhir in this team. The Ranji Trophy is not a good indicator of international potential, and players like Gambhir will score tons of runs in the Ranji Trophy, many more than Kaif can. But Kaif is the guy who has the technique and a proven international record. I think Gambhir, like Jaffer, will have a tough time at the highest level while murdering anything at a lower level.

Last edited by rks : 20th January 2008 at 21:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks