Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 18:31   #3811
BHPian

Reason-->man-handling a streaker
just check the link below for image

Now Symonds man-handles streaker
Old 4th March 2008, 18:57   #3812
BHPian

Great win for India,especially what had been happening since the tour started.I would rank it in top 6-7 wins for India in ODIs.

Well..we all talk about Australians "mental disintegration" "Hard Game" and some other nonsense,they probably dint have one thing in their curriculum which is how to react when opponents give them back.India today gave them the taste of their own medicine.

This sledging/racial controversy had given Indian team something to answer to and they did that really well.Well done guys...
Old 4th March 2008, 19:48   #3813
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God !! ROTFLMAOAWTT Is anyone watching Star News ?

Please do - the way they are going about the post-mortem of the victory is absolutely hilarious !!

EDIT - 10 crores reward from the BCCI !!

EDIT 2 - 1 crore each for the selectors of the Seniors and U-19 team !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 4th March 2008 at 19:54.
Old 4th March 2008, 20:00   #3814
rks
BANNED

Fine win for India. I am happy that Pathan recovered and delivered the goods in the end. Tendulkar came good in the finals after a long string of failures. Our youngsters performed very creditably in this series and we should seriously consider bringing in some of them into the Test team (especially Rohit Sharma).

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to even consider banning Symonds for helping the cops nab the streaker. Just who are the morons that make and enforce these silly rules?

Last edited by rks : 4th March 2008 at 20:01.
Old 4th March 2008, 20:15   #3815
Senior - BHPian

Great win for India. I watched in Cauvery Ford till the last ball. Was to take the delivery of my vehicle after servicing. :-)

A whopping 10 Crores reward to whole team. I wonder where does all this money come from? Is it from Advts and we tax payers...
Old 4th March 2008, 20:31   #3816
Senior - BHPian

Great win! Sat up for a bit through the night.I was a wee bit worried,when Symmonds & Hayden built their partnership.
As for that streaker,poor chap! He probably didn't see that wall standing in front of him. [ Wasn't Symmonds/Hayden a bouncer at a club in Sydney? Looks like these guys haven't lose touch].

Finally..the Aussies lost 3 games in a row,and the series slipped out of their hands.
Almost felt like this..' doggie walks upto the grass,finishes its business,turns around, scratch scratch...kicks up the dirt behind and just walks away'. Work done,the Indians walked away with the trophy,with the Aussies wiping the dirt off their face.
Old 4th March 2008, 21:29   #3817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
I guess that was the most common scene in almost all of the offices in India.
And in some offices abroad - the lobby of each of the 8+4 floors of our office were crammed with Indians, Pakistanis, Australians and the odd Brit.

The whoops that greeted each Aussie wicket resounded throughout the office - there was a festive air around. There was even a French chap who surprised everyone by muttering (in a heavy French accent) in the midst of the tense final over that "12 in 3 ***** - too tight. if they hit 3 fours those ba####ds can still win."

Needless to say, I won a few beers from my Aussie colleagues. I will henceforth call them Monkeys.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th March 2008 at 21:31.
Old 4th March 2008, 21:38   #3818
Senior - BHPian

For a change, Sachin clicked at the right time for the past two crucial games and facilitated India's great triumph over the Aussies!

So experience does matter & we can't undermine Seniors & their prowess!
Also the young bowlers performed really well!

Kudos to Team India!

Last edited by finneyp : 4th March 2008 at 21:42.
Old 4th March 2008, 21:51   #3819
BHPian

Now that the young indian team have actually succeeded .. Does that mean dravid and ganguly can never come back?
Old 4th March 2008, 22:31   #3820
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Well..we all talk about Australians "mental disintegration" "Hard Game" and some other nonsense,they probably dint have one thing in their curriculum which is how to react when opponents give them back.India today gave them the taste of their own medicine.
i agree too...aussies seemed to be more concerned about how to dock bhajji than their own game....
Old 4th March 2008, 22:39   #3821
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when and where are they gonna show the highlights? Star Sports has a really boring tennis match on.
Old 5th March 2008, 00:26   #3822
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Now that the young indian team have actually succeeded .. Does that mean dravid and ganguly can never come back?

yep i think their career is over......till this team looses a few matches and daggers come out. selectors & media will tell dhoni that "we told u to go with experience" ...and dravid and ganguly will be back....
Old 5th March 2008, 01:27   #3823
Senior - BHPian

Oh man what a match! The last 10 overs were a bit too tense for comfort & had me biting my nails throughout!

But we won & in stlye & what a fitting reply to the bloody monkey & his mates! Take that you primate! Go India!!
Old 5th March 2008, 01:29   #3824
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the monkey's gonna get into serious trouble for taking that streaker down.
Possibly a 5 Test match or 10 ODI match ban.
Old 5th March 2008, 01:51   #3825
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Looks like the monkey's gonna get into serious trouble for taking that streaker down.
Possibly a 5 Test match or 10 ODI match ban.
naah...they are not going to take any action against monkey.

but think about it...what kind of a man wants to touch a completely unclothed man?

Most Viewed