Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 12:44   #4261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
snaronikar, can i have my crate of beer now or do you want to wait for the final match ?
You can come any time to Bangalore and ask for this...
Old 28th August 2008, 15:21   #4262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Message from Khaadu75 -

Now a comment from me - Historic win for India on Sri Lankan soil, without the Fab Four & (Diabloo, you listening :P) without Sehwag. Clarion call for the future, at least as far as the Fab Four are concerned
I know its a gr8 win but getting Fab four in this is kinda unFair
1. - Test and Odi are very different so comparison is not fair.
2.- except raina and dhoni no one else has clicked much, we won cos bowling was outstanding so youngsters from batting point of view haven't done much.
Kohli,Yuvraj,Rohit Sharma had been a flop.

Still without Sehwag also its a real great effort to win By dhoni & co.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:28   #4263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I know its a gr8 win but getting Fab four in this is kinda unFair
1. - Test and Odi are very different so comparison is not fair.
Don't forget that not so long ago, except for Laxman, the other three were part & parcel of our distinguished ODI team
Old 28th August 2008, 15:51   #4264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kohli,Yuvraj,Rohit Sharma had been a flop.
Who do you think got us off to a decent start yesterday??? Kohli has performed decently IMO. Sharma comes quite down the order so you cant really expect much from him but yea he has to be consistent. Badrinath should get more chances and maybe promoted up the order.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:08   #4265
Team-BHP Support

Personally, I don't think Kohli is ready for international cricket yet. He looks out of sorts and needs some more domestic cricket under his belt.
Old 28th August 2008, 17:24   #4266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Personally, I don't think Kohli is ready for international cricket yet. He looks out of sorts and needs some more domestic cricket under his belt.
Agree with you on this. I do not see any replacements for the fab 4 in the current bunch. So it is going to be Fab 4 for the next fabulous 4 years.
Old 28th August 2008, 17:37   #4267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Who do you think got us off to a decent start yesterday??? Kohli has performed decently IMO. Sharma comes quite down the order so you cant really expect much from him but yea he has to be consistent. Badrinath should get more chances and maybe promoted up the order.
Decent is really an overrated word in cricket. We need quick and brisk starts in all conditions and wickets. This was jz placid wickets of SL and SL bowling attack is not too good when you compare with OZ,SA,Eng,And now even NZ. He will struggle big time on good wickets as he never looked confident and his footwork was patchy.
Also he cant fill in for Sachin. No way!
Old 28th August 2008, 18:51   #4268
BANNED

Fab 4 never won a series in SL. Other than winning an odd match, they haven't done anything remarkable in Oz, SA, Eng & Nz.

Note: Before you mention NatWest win in Eng, its was achieved by Yuvraj & Kaif partnetship, after the Fab 4 had given up.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:19   #4269
Senior - BHPian

It was the Fab 4 who took Indian team to world cup Final in 03 not the current lot and there statistics speak for their ability.
The point is Odi demands a lot from the body energy and as Ganguly/dravid/laxman cannot give the required they are out. Sachin is an exception as his intensity level is still the same but at some point sooner he has to leave Odi's as well!
All said Dhoni is doing a remarkable job in inspiring the young lot so i do hope we will see a good team in future

The only thing we lack is a genuine all rounder (irfan pathan is scratchy and i had hopes from yousuf pathan but he is out of team right now)

Last edited by harry10 : 28th August 2008 at 19:20.
Old 29th August 2008, 09:40   #4270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decent is really an overrated word in cricket. We need quick and brisk starts in all conditions and wickets. This was jz placid wickets of SL and SL bowling attack is not too good when you compare with OZ,SA,Eng,And now even NZ. He will struggle big time on good wickets as he never looked confident and his footwork was patchy.
Also he cant fill in for Sachin. No way!

Buddy you cant go blazing all guns when the balls doing quite a bit ! Kohli was just an replacement!! From where did Sachin come into the picture???
Kohli was just picked as an extra batsmen , apparently he was leading scorers for India A tour to Australia before this series. I agree with other members he surely needs some practise in domestic. When Sachin and Sehwag come in theres obviously no chance for Kohli.
Old 29th August 2008, 14:26   #4271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Buddy you cant go blazing all guns when the balls doing quite a bit ! Kohli was just an replacement!! From where did Sachin come into the picture???
Kohli was just picked as an extra batsmen , apparently he was leading scorers for India A tour to Australia before this series. I agree with other members he surely needs some practise in domestic. When Sachin and Sehwag come in theres obviously no chance for Kohli.
Dude i was just making a point that we do not have a replacement for Sachin yet!
In Tests we cant replace Laxman and dravid (Ganguly is dispensable as he is not doing anything since long)

Anyways i guess we all are glad Dhoni is doing a fab job with the Odi team and as Kumble is aging fast i can see Dhoni being the test captain in a year or so.
Old 29th August 2008, 14:32   #4272
BANNED

Who can replace a God ?
So plan of finding a replacement for Sachin and then replacing him must be shelved.
Anyway Indian Cricket team is not Nepal to always have a 'breathing' God.
Quote:
Dude i was just making a point that we do not have a replacement for Sachin yet!
Old 29th August 2008, 15:52   #4273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Life continues - remember Michael Schumacher?
Quote:
Ganguly is dispensable as he is not doing anything since long)
There are lots of people who feel exactly the same way about Sachin

And please, don't tell me about the record books
Old 29th August 2008, 17:34   #4274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Life continues - remember Michael Schumacher?

There are lots of people who feel exactly the same way about Sachin

And please, don't tell me about the record books
If you see the Grand Prix now its nothing it use to be when Michael was there and noone is still winning as much as he use to so Diff in class is diff in class always!

I wonder why people are so reluctant in looking towards record books, records are not created by magic, people work very hard for them. If a guy has 11000 test runs,15000 odi runs, around 90 combined centuries, quiet a few wickets. nobody gifted it to him. He has earned it by sheer hard work and dedication for last 20 years!
Having said that i dont mean ganguly is an inferior player as he has a good ODI record 2 but off late he is doing nothing to justify his place in team and that can also be taken with a look at current statistics(and trust me its true statistics do not gives complete picture but atleast some picture)
Old 29th August 2008, 17:55   #4275
BANNED

So till when does the 'breathing' God plays? Till another 'breathing' God is found? Or the God knows when to quit? Or the selectors don't have the 'powers' against God?

Most Viewed