Team-BHP - Officer who Quit IAS, to tour India, dies.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Officer who Quit IAS, to tour India, dies. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/86205-officer-who-quit-ias-tour-india-dies.html)

hello ,everyone
Today when I was opening net , one news on MSN news caught my attention.

It was about one Mr. P.G. Tenzing, who after 20 years of IAS service quit the job and left for a journey on Royal Enfield Bullet . this was a 25320 Km. tour .
This guy died of cancer at the age of 46 , as the news says .

Now I dont know how to react to this , But seems he has lived life to the fullest . No regrets.

Question is are we living our lives to the fullest , before we depart .

I have completed 43 now , I think I found something from this.

May his soul rest in Peace

Yours Sudarshan

Hats off the this man.
These kind of men are very rare.
It takes extraordinary amount of courage to break free from the herd mentality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudarshan (Post 2001200)
hello ,everyone

Question is are we living our lives to the fullest , before we depart .

I am not.
There are lot of things to be taken care of before I start living my life, which I am not sure when would that happen.

Maybe he was knowing of his end so he intended to live his life constructively, rather than getting killed each minute just with the thought of fighting against cancer.

Quote:

Gangtok, July 26: Former IAS officer and author P.G. Tenzing, who one fine morning gave up the staid life of a bureaucrat in Kerala to thunder across the country on his Enfield bike, passed away at a hospital here this morning.
He was 48 and was in ill health for some time, his family members said. Tenzing had authored Don’t Ask Any Old Bloke for Directions: A Biker’s Whimsical Journey across India. Published by Penguin Books India, the book is a recollection of Tenzing’s encounters and acquaintances: from the roadside barber in Delhi to waiters and mechanics, fleeting human interactions and connections.
Tenzing who hailed from Mangan town in North Sikkim leaves behind his wife and two school going daughters. He had released his book in March last year together with his 14-year-old daughter Dechen P. Tenzing who had penned and sketched a Manga comic, Wolfs Fang.
Tenzing, a graduate of Delhi University had qualified in the IAS exam in 1986 and had been posted in Kerala where he served for 20 years before quitting in 2008. He then embarked on a nine-month 25,320km ride across the country on his Enfield Thunderbird.
Tenzing had strapped a few possessions on his bike, got his retirement benefits encashed, bade good bye to his colleagues at Thiruvananthapuram and had started his ride from the Varkala beach.
The book priced at Rs 250 was aimed to inspire those yearning to break free from the bonds of professional life and embrace the freedom of the open roads. The book had been also been long-listed in the Vodafone Crossword Book Award 2009 but could not make it to the short-listed category which was announced earlier this month.
Raman Shresta who runs the popular Rachna Books here at Gangtok said the highest seller from his store was Tenzing’s book. The father and daughter duo had their book launch programme at Rachna.
Tenzing had also infused new blood in Sikkim journalism in the late 90s by starting an English weekly.
After his India tour on his bike, Tenzing had settled down in Sikkim shuttling between Mangan and Gangtok pursuing various interests. He was one of the founding members of Taktse International School here at Panthang and was volunteering services to monastic institutions.
While in service, Tenzing had been posted in Sikkim on at least two occasions. He had first come as the director of the industries department in the early 90s and later, he was deputed as the census director in 2001.

He is from Sikkim, Its about 60 kms from my place.

Rest in Peace, Dear Tenzing-la
Officer who Quit IAS, to tour India, dies.-pg-tenzing.jpg

Source:
Himalayan Beacon
The Himalayan Beacon Blog
The Telegraph

No words. May his soul rest in peace. May god give strength to the bereaved family.

May his soul rest in peace...Hats off to the brave soul,

I vividly remember him during his tenure in Kerala not personally but through the newspapers and channels. He was Secretary, IT, GoK for sometime.
His death is really sad.
May his soul rest in peace and let god give courage to his wife and daughters to tide over the loss.

May all the strength be given to his daughter .Rare that a person should give up beauracracy and take up ridin' solo on a bike. Hope his legacy is carried forward. This cancer is such a curse to mankind.

He really does not look like 48. He wanted to live life to its fullest, which he could not do with the thread of his job attached. He was lucky to let go off it and live a biker's life. Hats off to him.

God bless the soul and Rest in Peace old fellow biker
Officer who quit IAS to tour India dies - *MSN India Autos-Features

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2001232)
Hats off the this man.
These kind of men are very rare.
It takes extraordinary amount of courage to break free from the herd mentality.

Thats the whole point , thanks. I was looking for those words of yours , but couldn't speak .

@ SirAlec Thanks for the additional info you provided . Its Good.

May god give us the Courage:thumbs up

Yours Sudarshan

These are rare breed of men who find the courage and determination to follow their heart. I wish that his family doesn't face any problems, at least financial, in his absence. RIP

May his soul rest in peace.

May we all also find the strength within ourselves to follow our calling in life.

K

A soul well evolved and on its way ahead. Left behind a body that could not support it anymore. Such examples are a light in the dark for us.. giving us direction and strength.. if only we can draw from it.

Cheers to Tenzing!!