Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2005, 13:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Of course, now all these ghats have come under naxalite influence.
Scary! Didnt know that when I drove from Agumbe to Shirdi last year....since when is has this naxalite problem been around?
Old 27th November 2005, 20:47   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Scary! Didnt know that when I drove from Agumbe to Shirdi last year....since when is has this naxalite problem been around?
Started this year, if you check the local edition of the newspapers, you'll find some news everyday.

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/nov22/s1.asp

The most pathetic thing is that the current government is impotent against this new menace. I think they will let it grow until it becomes a big problem. Then they will do nothing saying it is too big a problem. Just like how they allowed Veerappan to grow. Currently they have an anti-naxal unit in Udupi which is severely understaffed. Therefore, no IPS officer wants to head this unit.

Soon all the scenic jungle places in Karnataka will come under naxal influence, we can forget about long drives on ghats.
Old 28th November 2005, 10:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
...yeah thats really scary!!!!!!!!!!i too had done the agumbe ghat in may 2005 in a santro and that too around 6pm....what abt the NH48????

Quote:
But if you go to Kemmanagundi, go via Baba Budaniagiri Hills... u cross the highest point in Karnataka there

details please )))))))))))))))

Last edited by speedsatya : 28th November 2005 at 10:08.
Old 27th October 2008, 19:46   #34
BHPian

Go to Jog Falls, you will have about 430 kms from Blr, good Highways(-60 km here & there), hill road & roads through jungles for some portion.. if you start at 3 am(depends from where you start) till the time you reach NH4 toll plaza don't count your time[], from toll plaza to Shimoga you can do in 5-6 hrs, can take a lunch or snacks brk then another 103 km to Jog falls, you can go to Karwar as well if time or energy permits.. its about 70 odd kms from Jog and belive me the route is the most scenic route towards Goa though some streches are bad before Bhadrabati...
Old 28th October 2008, 10:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Asdon, you replied to a thread that was last updated in Nov 2005. The person who raised the query is BANNED.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks