Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 10:22   #16
BHPian

You are definitely right mobike008, that rice quality is way below par. It is very saddening for food lovers like me to see such things. I like to experiment on different variety of food, and you can imagine the feeling when we get feather, stone and such crap in restaurant food.
Old 1st August 2010, 10:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

I once got a similar looking roach in my egg fried rice from BFC (BigBoy Fried Chicken), HSR Layout.

Neither did they cancel my bill nor apologize.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:11   #18
BHPian

Duranto food and the Railway Minister

Recently in one of our high profile Duranto trains food was served with free cockroach. The food was stale too. It was reported duly in the newspapers. This is how our Railway minister responded to the news (paraphrased):

"They must have brought cockroaches from home to tarnish my image! ... Can you tell me where you don't find cockroaches. My own rooms, even the kichen, are infested. Only the other day a scorpion was tickling my foot. What does one do? Go to the five star hotels. Live in palaces. Eat curries made with diamonds, gold, pearls ..."!
Old 1st August 2010, 11:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Very unfortunate MKH, my similar experience -

- Chicken feather in chicken kabab
- Worm in salad

Hey at least you know your salad is fresh and has no harmful pesticides since you found a happy worm in it

Anyways most kitches at home have quite a few pests at night but mostly never make their way into our food so how come this happens at restaurants? Are they more bold due to constant activity around ?
Old 1st August 2010, 11:17   #20
BHPian

Once I had found a "beedi" in a muffin .. and a roach too in my school canteen in rajma chawal
Old 1st August 2010, 11:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I once got a similar looking roach in my egg fried rice from BFC (BigBoy Fried Chicken), HSR Layout.

Neither did they cancel my bill nor apologize.
did they say, "roaches are complimentary"?, or they charged for them?
Old 1st August 2010, 11:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
The only remedy is to eat home cooked food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Home food is the best
I found

a dead cockroach

and

a pigeon feather

and

a long strand of hair (the length clearly signifying that it belongs to female species)

in the mutter-aloo subji ... at home ... in home cooked food ...

now what do I do?
Old 1st August 2010, 11:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I found

a dead cockroach

and

a pigeon feather

and

a long strand of hair (the length clearly signifying that it belongs to female species)

in the mutter-aloo subji ... at home ... in home cooked food ...

now what do I do?
Depends upon who cooked the food
Old 1st August 2010, 12:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Few incidents:
* My wife found a cockraoch in Masala Puri served at Swadishta Ahara - BTM Layout. Casier apologized and refunded the bill.
* I had gone with a visitor from US (NRI) to Hyderabad House, Richmond Road. We were served awful smelling, obviously bad Veg Biryani. When pointed out, it was replaced with freshly made Veg Biryani ! That Restaurant wanted to cheat by passing off bad stuff !!
Old 1st August 2010, 13:02   #25
mkh
Senior - BHPian

All this makes it sure, we are just helpless consumers and can do nothing much. I do not want to send these pics to any newspaper etc as i know all they want is some news and who knows the owners of that place maybe well connected etc and cause trouble to me. Many reading this are sofware guys, if they can make as many aware of this, will maybe serve some purpose. Even then, which place is safe? On a lighter note, folks who read this and want to have fun can carry a dead insect, eat to their hearts content and then plant it on the last dish and eat free(like in the movie tezaab!!!). If i could, would do this to teach a lesson to such places. Man we are light years behind being a developed country.
Old 1st August 2010, 13:09   #26
Team-BHP Support

Our cooking style of heating food to a maximum keeps us (hopefully) safe from bacteria.
Unfortunately it also destroys whatever goodness is there in the food as well.
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Holy cow! My wife & I went to the Nakshatra section in June, and although I wasn't greeted by a cockroach/bug, looking at the prices of the items offered sure made my eyes pop!
Good thing you saw the cockroach before it went down into your stomach! Lucky you!
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:15   #28
BHPian

Got a fly once in a McChicken wrap from McDonalds at Shamshabad airport in Hyderabad. I guess they call him McFly.

I was a good distance away from the airport when I discovered it, so did not go back and make the guy eat it.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Oh that's bad. Never thought we get crockroach biriyani too in India.

Esp for a place who charge so much. This nagarjuna is a usual place we guys go out for lunch. Time to caution ALL.

But again, we found a catterpillar [yup you read it right] in the Beijing bites in our Bay [RMZ Infinity]

And then it was a big stop for food court. Even if it gets late, I still carry food from house, atleast the curd mix.

EDIT: Should we sent this article to ToI or TV9? This is too much. Hospitality industry should improve. Govt. should make strict laws for license for these kinds of carelessness. What stops them from revoking the license for a year or so?

Last edited by mjothi : 2nd August 2010 at 21:26.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:23   #30
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I found stapler pins in the rice they serve at my office canteen once. I created a big ruckus, so they sent me onsite. Been on home food since then.

Last edited by MX6 : 2nd August 2010 at 21:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks