Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2005, 14:10   #1
BANNED

Indigo LS net an accident {pics}

hey
here r some pics of my brothers indigo ls that met with an accident on the bombay _pune expressway.As per my bro while he was drivein the power stearing got locked and the car then trumbled around 5 times and went off the road 2 a near by gutter . by the grace of god he was safe and this pics are taken by him from 6600 so bare with the clearity

http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/6149/donttryit11ts.th.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://img491.imageshack.us/my.php?image=donttryit96uf.jpg

[B]Note from Moderator - The use of sms/chat/slang is not permitted on TBHP. Please take the time to type your post correctly.[/b]

Note from another moderator - please mask the number plate of cars not directly owned by yourself. Have deleted two images

Last edited by ajmat : 16th November 2005 at 15:43.
Old 16th November 2005, 14:32   #2
BHPian

Thank god ur brother is fine. What was the speed of the car?
Old 16th November 2005, 14:36   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1
Thank god ur brother is fine. What was the speed of the car?
the speed was abt 90~2~100km/hr
Old 16th November 2005, 14:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Good to know all are ok.

Quote:
As per my bro while he was drivein the power stearing got locked and the car then trumbled
That sounds really strange. Not sure what he implies by that.
Old 16th November 2005, 14:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

At those speeds, he's lucky to be safe!

Whats with the expressway, dudes?
Old 16th November 2005, 15:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

Power steering got locked..? Thats really strange. I have had power steering faliure at high speed after being hit underneath by a big rock. Immediately after that the steering became harder and I was on manual steering, but this lock thing is first time I have heard it.
anyways good to know that he's safe.
Old 16th November 2005, 15:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief
hey
this pics are taken by him from 6600 so bare with the clearity

Thank god, he's safe. Strong man at heart. If I were at that situation would have got tensed.
Old 16th November 2005, 15:38   #8
BANNED

thanks for ur wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Power steering got locked..? Thats really strange. I have had power steering faliure at high speed after being hit underneath by a big rock. Immediately after that the steering became harder and I was on manual steering, but this lock thing is first time I have heard it.
anyways good to know that he's safe.
it was confirmed by a mechanic where the car was sent by the insurance adgent my bro didn't take car back his claim was passed as the car was not that old jst 8months old so he had a little loss but now he is aproud driver of the new honda city
by the way thanks for ur wishes i'll tell him to drive safe

Note from Moderator -

Please refrain from using excessive ascii characters like > or ?

Last edited by Dippy : 16th November 2005 at 16:48.
Old 16th November 2005, 16:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

@thief (great ID that is...) let me thank god for guarding your brother...
Kindly explain more: what do you exactly mean by power steering got locked?
- a loss of (hydraulic) power assistance?
- the steering system abruptly attained immovable properties? (mech failure)
- the steering (not the power steering) lock has got locked even though the key was in place ?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 16th November 2005 at 16:08.
Old 16th November 2005, 19:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

good to hear hes safe and okay.at speeds like that he should be happy to walk out of it unhurt.

REv
Old 16th November 2005, 19:46   #11
BANNED

hey sandeepmdas my friend i dont know much about or in depth as u have asked me so i just only know that my brother told me that while he was cruising at that speed,the stearing wheel stoped responding.and after that what he told me was that the car jst tumbled around
4 to 5 times and went on the side by gods grace or otherwise it could have been more worce
this much only i know about .so pls leave ur precious thoughts and dont ash me more about the power stearing stuff
hey but pls let me know something which is important
thanks man luv u all
and keep replying

Last edited by ported_head : 16th November 2005 at 19:59.
Old 16th November 2005, 19:48   #12
BANNED

Thief, you have been warned many times before, against posting unnecessarily. This is not a chat room, and is considered an act of Spamming. Kindly, post in such a way that it is not a pain for other members to decipher. We would appreciate if you would pay heed henceforth.

Last edited by ported_head : 16th November 2005 at 20:01.
Old 16th November 2005, 21:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey thief good to hear that everybody is safe after that huge accident. But it seems to be a strange incident.
Old 17th November 2005, 04:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Power Steering got locked and the car tumbled 4-5 times. Sounds really really weird. I think your brother should take this up with TATA. Maybe there are defective parts used in some Indigo's. This is not some freak accident but a safety related issue. Many other Indigo/Indica owners could have the same issue. If this happened in any western country the car company would have been sued and taken to the gallows.
Old 8th July 2006, 20:21   #15
Ram
Senior - BHPian

A family related to me, had a steering lock-up and rollover accident some years ago, on the Pune-Goa highway.

On a down slope, my uncle-in-law who was driving, put the car in neutral and switched off the ignition to coast downhill. Only when he hit a turn, did he realize that switching off the ignition also locked the steering column.

An oncoming Tata 1210 truck was attempting a U-turn. Its front wheels were steered fully to the right.
My uncle-in-law couldn’t steer in time to avoid the truck and went headlong into it.
His car bounced off the steered right front tire of the truck, rolled over a couple of times and landed upside down on its greenhouse which was crushed.

My uncle lost his teeth and had a fractured jaw, fractured ribs and arm. He spent months recovering in hospital.
My aunt-in-law in the front seat was thrown through the windshield and knocked unconscious for 20 minutes. She still has fine glass fragments embedded in her arm to this day, which the surgeon has decided not to remove.
His younger son had earlier fractured his arm and was traveling with his arm in a plaster cast. He landed on his plaster cast which cracked but protected his arm. He had no injuries.
The older son and maid-servant in the back seat were shaken up but totally unhurt.

The car of course was a total write-off.

This happened years ago and the family has completely recovered physically. Spiritually, they have undergone complete changes in outlook towards life!

This is the only case I know of an accident due to a dead steering mechanism.

Last edited by Ram : 8th July 2006 at 20:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks