Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 17:29   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
One strange thing about TRRK was that he never really practiced medicine despite being MBBS doctor.
That's very true. I met him once by chance when he had visited the Concorde dealership in Cochin for his Manza's 1st service. He had been patiently waiting to take his car back since morning!!

My friend Vijay & me had a pretty long chat with the Doc since Vijay's Manza delivery too was getting delayed. During the conversation I had asked him the reason for not practicing medicine. His prompt reply was that he did not have enough time and as a doctor to do justice to his patients he needed to spend quality time but unfortunatley his business commitments that he had taken up after his father's untimely demise did not permit him to do that.

He also talked about his studies, family, business etc. Something which stood out during the conversation was his abundant love for his daugther.

He came across as an affable, humble and truly caring human being. May his soul rest in peace and may the almighty God give his wife & daughter the strength to overcome his untimely loss.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:30   #167
Senior - BHPian

This is sad. Met him once when I was down south during the monsoon drive. He was a true gentleman and a very avid contributor. Had a special place for him as we shared a common car- The Marina. Will definitely miss him and his genuine helpful advise. My condolences and may GOD give his family the strength to bear this loss.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:37   #168
BHPian

This is shocking !!! Only, last week i was reading the review of his new Shiny Red Manza !!!

May his soul Rest in peace and may god give the family to bear with his untimely demise.

With his passing away, T-Bhp has lost a regular and good contributor to the forum.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:37   #169
BHPian

More details of the tragedy as per request PM-ed by some members...

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Dear Mr.Raja,
I have never met you, but I can truly feel your loss of someone who was in your life for over 2 decades... :(
Per your request, the 1st PM you sent me is pasted below.
Mr. Santosh,
Thanks for sharing my grief.

As per requests PM-ed by some members, here are more details of the tragedy.

On the morning of 27th July Trrk stepped into his backyard. The recent rains had left the area waterlogged but that morning, the water had mostly receded and although it was covered in slush, he decided to brave it in order to take some measurements. He fell with his first step into slush. As he later explained, " I expected my left foot to sink into the slush, instead it slipped and I fell down backwards and landed on my right buttocks." He was alone at the time and his voice wouldn't have carried into the house. He struggled to his feet and hobbled home. Struggled up the stairs, changed his soiled clothes, even had a bath and hobbled downstairs. Since the pain persisted, he went to the hospital. The X-Ray revealed a longish fracture above the ankle, to the fibula, the smaller of the two bones in the lower leg. His leg was put in a temporary cast ( from about 12 inches above the ankle upto his toes) and he was sent home with instruction to avoid any pressure on the injured foot. He was asked to return a week later for a permanent cast. Being heavy built, he found it very difficult to manoeuvre himself even for visits to the toilet. And he was loathe to use the bedpan. He didn't find the walker very helpful either. When I visited him on 29th July ( 2 days after the fall ), he was quite cheerful although a little concerned that he was unable to be in the shop during the Onam season. We spent about 3 hrs chatting and joking about visitors leaving their autograph on his cast. He laughingly brushed away my attempts saying the cast will anyway be replaced soon. I wished him quick recovery and returned to Kollam. I did not notice anything amiss. About 3/4 days later, he complained of breathlessness and feeling very tired after the exertion of going to the toilet and back. In his own words, "Just going to the toilet and back leaves me panting like a dog".
When he went to see the Ortho to replace his cast, he met his Physician of many years and reported about his breathlessness. An ECG was taken and since it showed no variations, the doctor attributed it to anxiety and elevated BP. He advised Trrk to simply continue his BP tablets and try not to feel so anxious.
In later conversations with me, Trrk used to say that his breathing problem was persisting. But since the ECG was clear and he had no chest pain, we never suspected anything serious. Instead he would console himself saying that because he was over cautious not to lose his balance, maybe he was holding his breath while walking and so was feeling breathless later.
On the morning of the fateful day(7th Aug), he took his bath at around 11.00am. His wife as usual was with him when he was changing. He complained of giddiness and while his wife went to bring a stool he fell down and had a short spell of fits and his mouth was frothing. His wife immediately called their shop, just across the road for help and simultaneously tried to call the doctor. The doctor could not be contacted and with the help of persons who rushed from the shop they tried to move Trrk to the bed. By then the fits had stopped and Trrk refused help and came to a sitting position on the floor. He complained of difficulty in breathing and asked for a pillow to lie down. But his breathing problem would not allow him to relax and while still seated on the floor, he propped himself up against a wall. The ambulance arrived and they prepared to move him downstairs and into the ambulance. By then Trrk seems to have lost consciousness and wasn't struggling for breath. At the hospital he was declared 'brought dead'.

What is written below is information I have gathered in discussion with various doctors and an advocate who is fighting a similar case against a hospital.

It turns out that the cause of death was Fat Embolism. Any average doctor knows that in cases of bone injury, the bone marrow seeps into the blood and results in Fat Embolism. This stuff travels in the blood stream and tends to block the arteries, veins etc. In Trrk's case, his lungs or lung passages gradually got filled with Embolised fat and that explains his breathlessness. Symptoms ignored by his Physician. He went by the ECG alone. And since the problem was happening within the lungs, the ECG of the heart will not show any variation. On the fateful day, the Embolised fat led to Pulmonary Edema (fluid accumulation in the lungs). This affected the pumping of the heart and it led to Heart failure.

In retrospect I'll say Trrk was done in at various stages.

- On the very first day, the Ortho could have realised the possibility of Fat Embolism and administered drugs to counter it. This apparently is standard practice these days even in surgery cases where the patient will be confined to the bed for any length of time.
- The Physician, when told of breathing difficulty should have instantly realised the cause as Fat Embolism and started Heparin ( the drug that easily dissolves Embolised fat )
- When breathlessness persisted, Trrk himself or anyone in proximity with him (including yours truly) could have insisted on seeking better medical intervention.

Alas FATE had other plans and we lost one of the nicest persons on Earth.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:35   #170
BHPian

This is shocking. Life's uncertainties. The Fat Embolism thing is news for me and I guess maybe the same for a lot of us. Lets spread the word around for such a thing because stuff like fractures are quite common these days.
May god rest TRRK's soul in peace and give his family the strength to overcome such a catastrophe.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:35   #171
joe
BHPian

This is indeed very sad news my condolences to his family and may his soul rest in peace.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:13   #172
BANNED

Sigh; as they say, there is no stopping fate. When time comes, go, one has to. There is no choice.

What many of of us have not realised on this forum is that trrk was one of the first non-techie netizens around. Those who have gone through his thread on BBS's may have reliased, that trrk was around in the net world since the first days it was available in India. Those were the times when we had 8kbps modems, and staying connected costed six figure amounts every year (or prorably month). What is striking is that trrk is among the few non-rechies named in that BBS thread.

Those were the times one was on the net to give, rather than take; that was in stark contrast with what most of us here are doing - we take / learn. His attitude of giving out information has persisted till very last.

Let his posts be a role model for rest of us here.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:37   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

What many of of us have not realised on this forum is that trrk was one of the first non-techie netizens around. Those who have gone through his thread on BBS's may have reliased, that trrk was around in the net world since the first days it was available in India. Those were the times when we had 8kbps modems, and staying connected costed six figure amounts every year (or prorably month). What is striking is that trrk is among the few non-rechies named in that BBS thread.

Those were the times one was on the net to give, rather than take; that was in stark contrast with what most of us here are doing - we take / learn. His attitude of giving out information has persisted till very last.

Let his posts be a role model for rest of us here.
How nicely you have put it. Many thanks.
And right from those early days he hand held me through the technological evolution. Starting with CiX BBS when we had to connect thru STD to download and upload posts in packets, till now.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:43   #174
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raja, thanks for sharing all the information. Atleast one knows what all to take care of after such treatments. It certainly was helpful. My condolances to the family.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:46   #175
Team-BHP Support

Very sad news. My condolences to his family.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:05   #176
BHPian

This is a very sad news indeed. He was an avid contributor to the forum.
My heartfelt condolences to his family.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:24   #177
Senior - BHPian

My God!

Completely shocked to know this! JK's post on another thread got me here!

Dear TRRK - rest in peace.

Condolence to the family.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:35   #178
BHPian

This is extremely sad and shocking news. Just got to know through Gemi's post on 'Ford Figo' forum on facebook. My heartfelt condolences to his family, near & dear ones. May god give them the strength and courage.

He will surely be missed a lot on Team-BHP.

May his soul rest in peace!
Old 9th August 2010, 21:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

I did not know him but with all these 12 pages I can understand that he was a very humble, nice person. Looking at his photos saddens me.

What a terrible way to go !! A fracture and you are dead !!

Well, I am sure he has gone someplace else where god had better plans for him.

May god give his family enough strength to overcome the loss. I know what it feels like to lose a father at such an early age.

RIP TRRK
Old 9th August 2010, 21:20   #180
BHPian

He was one of the nicest human being i have ever met in my life. Drove all the way to tvm from aleppey for a t-bhp meet. He even gave all of us a visiting card with a "t-bhp meet@neyyar dam" printed on it. Sad that god called him back @ the very early age of 52 . very sad....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks