Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 17:55   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I get a flash recognition of a similar event happened before and now this is the freaky part: I predict the next few lines of conversation like who says what, and holy cow! It happens as I predict.

This kind of Dejavu usually is not frequent and I experience it like once in several months.
Exactly. That's the reason why i am reluctant to believe that its just our brain which is portraying present as past or mixing some signals.

Sometimes when such incident happens & i feel like this has happened before i kind of recognize a word or two a person had said in that situation and believe me he says it.
Old 13th August 2010, 18:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

I thought I am the only one facing this issue. This happens to me almost all the time, repetition of situation and dialogues. Feels odd sometimes, I stop the discussion and think when?.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Used to happen to me a lot when I was younger, but has stopped the past few years.
The events in my case would be totally random, and would seem insignificant otherwise if not for the Deja Vu feeling associated with them.
Old 13th August 2010, 23:06   #49
BHPian

@condor: I really am generalizing because this phenomenon has been experienced by everyone. So, I guess any explanation we do will be a general one.
@zaks: By speculation, I had meant the explanation part on why this happens.

Out of curiosity, I googled deja vu and one of the explanations in wikipedia is even more strange than what I am saying.

It says "... that one eye may record what is seen fractionally faster than the other, creating the "strong recollection" sensation upon the "same" scene being viewed milliseconds later by the opposite eye. However, this theory fails to explain the phenomenon when other sensory inputs are involved, such as hearing or touch. Also, people with only one eye still report experiencing déjà vu. The global phenomenon must therefore be narrowed down to the brain itself (i.e., one hemisphere being late compared to the other one)."

Now thats even more bizzare than deja vu itself
Old 15th August 2010, 09:46   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Exactly. That's the reason why i am reluctant to believe that its just our brain which is portraying present as past or mixing some signals.

Sometimes when such incident happens & i feel like this has happened before i kind of recognize a word or two a person had said in that situation and believe me he says it.
No guys, I got what you are meaning but what I am stressing is that the situation repeats, and it's no illusion since I clearly remember the older incident too.
Old 4th September 2010, 13:31   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Does it happen to you ?

No i am not talking about sixth sense but its something similar.
Sixth sense is something which you already know or sense is going to happen.
Its a strong intuition.

Where as what i am talking about here is - "You are sitting with your friends/family somewhere chit-chatting,laughing & you suddenly remember you had said the same dialog in presence of all these people & in the same place before."

It feels like you have had a dream of all this before.

Now you guys might find this funny but it does happen. It happens to me & even few of my friends but its not frequent.

I even had googled it ones to find out what its called but i forgot the name.

Waiting to hear if any of you have had similar experiences.

yes most of us sharing this thread hv experienced this phenomena in life one time or other but the point is where this will lead us ? meaning if u hv seen "Inception" ur mind can be tutored to dream in tailormade fashion which is deadly and ultimate.
Old 23rd May 2020, 18:50   #52
BHPian

Re: Damn!! I had seen this in my Dream ( Deja Vu )

Came across this thread on “DÉJÀ VU” just yesterday and I thought I would relate my strange experience. It was a couple of years back and well it’s a “DÉJÀ VU” one at that. I had gone to Ernakulam to attend my Aunt’s last rites. On entering my cousins house, there was this person who was hired to do the various rites, and on my sighting him, I knew that I had definitely met him, it was an overwhelming feeling, and the strange thing was that that gentleman on completion of the rites and just before departing asks me where have we met. I had absolutely no idea and so too him, but the fact remained that the feeling we had met somewhere else was hard to ignore. On inquiring about his address etc, I found that we had never had a chance to see each other as our paths were poles apart, and also he was much younger than me. It was one of those “Twilight zone” mysteries, as far as I was concerned, with no answer.
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks