Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2005, 20:00   #16
BANNED

For those of you interested in the highways in India, take a look at the indiahighways Yahoogroup.
Old 5th December 2005, 12:41   #17

There's a short stretch of multilaned well paved road just after Angamaly towards Aluva on the NH 47 which should be any drivers delight sheerly because it's not straight and there's lot of turning and ups and down to maneouver. Otherwise, in the south, there's hardly any stretch of road that can stand up to the Mumbai Pune EW.
Old 5th December 2005, 12:46   #18
Team-BHP Support

I forgot to mention a great section of road down south. When you head from Bangalore to madurai via hosur, about 70-80kms from blr you hit the "Thompur Ghat".
Now its just 4-5kms of ghat section, but the beauty is its 4-6 laned!!
I doubt there is any such 6 laned ghat section anywhere in India
Old 5th December 2005, 12:53   #19
rkg
Senior - BHPian

NH5(chennai- Kolkatta)

Hi!
i have travelled from vizag to bangalore in the last year i.e Jan 2004 . from vizag to naidupet in nellore it is NH5 ( about 750-800Km) it is beatiful and very good excpet for few strethces near ongloe(chilakaluripet and kavali) we could travel at 120KMPh constantly in indigo marina. we covered 400Km between vizag and viziawada in less than 5 hours with 15 min stop at rajamundry. the entire stretch between vizag and madras does not pass through any towns. and where ever it passes through it is flyover type. even the road between naidupet to tirupati(95 Km) is very good.
Old 5th December 2005, 13:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I forgot to mention a great section of road down south. When you head from Bangalore to madurai via hosur, about 70-80kms from blr you hit the "Thompur Ghat".
Now its just 4-5kms of ghat section, but the beauty is its 4-6 laned!!
I doubt there is any such 6 laned ghat section anywhere in India
Yeah TSK, that one is a beauty indeed, unless you are stuck behind one painstakingly slow truck overtaking another even more painstakingly slower truck, which happens with me more often that not :-(
Old 5th December 2005, 14:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Yeah TSK, that one is a beauty indeed, unless you are stuck behind one painstakingly slow truck overtaking another even more painstakingly slower truck, which happens with me more often that not :-(
Very True. Also due to this very slow mving heavily loaded truck, the road in most parts of this ghat section has kind of melted away.
But it much much better than the days when these slow moving trucks used to cause a traffic havoc in this part before they built this 4-6 lane section.
Old 23rd December 2005, 17:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of NH-2 Mathura Road
its the Palwal- Mathura stretch....very smooth n straight

Old 7th November 2006, 15:25   #23

heard a lot of stories about greater noida expressway..lots of very bad accidents...cars filping over n stuff..is there lot of truck traffic in that area

Most Viewed