Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 18:06   #46

re: A Guide : Eating Out In Mysore!

Hotel Ramya is also a very nice place for Dosas. Its a very old place. Its not a high funda place. But the Dosas there are amazing !!!!!
I am old timers from Mysore will agree with me.
Old 10th April 2011, 17:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
people who like Non Veg, especially of the marine + freshwater kind will love Fish Land - the First one as you come out of Mysore on the Bangalore Road, not the second one. Both look very similar but the first one is way better.
That must be the Poojary's Fish Land, the 2nd one being Fish Land Mangalore Kerala Style ...
Old 24th May 2011, 09:30   #48
BHPian

I am quite shocked to see that nobody (apparently) has mentioned 'Jalpan'! It caters a variety of vegetarian food both indian and italian which are absolute delight to taste buds. I am a hard core non-vegetarian and used to think that vegetarian food no matter how well prepared are always a bit less tastier than non-vegetarian food but visiting this restaurant in Mysore changed my thinking. It is located beside Maharaja hotel not very far from Devraja Urs marg. I have tasted Paneer Multani masala and biryani sizzler and both of them were great. Kebab platter was awsome. The ambience and surrounding too were very good and music was also soothing.
I highly recommend this restaurent to you guys who say there is no good place in Mysore to eat out (think i started falling in love with this city and should change my handle to kooldudemysore ).
Old 23rd September 2011, 06:43   #49
BHPian

Last time when i visited Mysore , i visited RR hotel for lunch and it was a Sunday and was heavliy full.The place was Jam packed.As we were not that much Hungry at that time we came out without eating anything.
Just diagonally opposite to RR hotel ,there was this Gaadi wala selling Lunch like Ragi mudde,Chicken curry,lever,Eggs,Mutton curry etc.
We decided to pack food from this Gaadi wala and eat on our way.Trust me the Food was soo tasty and home made its was simple amazing.
hope i had this Gaadi walas name and number.
The street food is awesome in Mysore ,during my training days ,the road in front of Mysore palace was full of Gaadi walas,We used to get Dosas,idles etc.They were simple awesome.

thanks
MSVG
Old 23rd September 2011, 07:09   #50
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this thread just today !
Brought back some nostalgic memories - there was a small place called 'Hot Stuff' on Kalidasa Road, loved the samosas they made. Recollected from several years ago. Is this place still around ?
Also, the churmuri at vontikoppal club was another super snack.
Again, old timers may be able to relate to these.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd September 2011 at 07:12.
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Brought back some nostalgic memories - there was a small place called 'Hot Stuff' on Kalidasa Road, loved the samosas they made. Recollected from several years ago. Is this place still around ?
Isn't that Top stuff on kalidasa road ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also, the churmuri at vontikoppal club was another super snack.
Well this is something to die for, I for one never miss an opportunity to revive my taste buds when in mysore.

Green leaf on kalidasa road still takes the cake for their Vada Sambar . Visited Authana in vontikoppal a few times, not a bad place for breakfast. The ambiance is pretty nice and maybe I should try some new dish here the next time.

These days have been a regular Cafe Pascucci, Jayalakshmipuram.An artful Italian coffee shop, had taken two of my Dutch friends there during my last visit to Mysore. They said the food was good, a tad bit expensive but worth the money.

For those ice cream lovers, try this place Just Gelato in VV Mohalla.

Jalpaan a must visit for the veggies,its located near Ramaswamy circle. What surprised me about this place was that they served Italian food too.
Old 23rd September 2011, 22:03   #52
BHPian

The restaurant at Planet X has been face lifted recently. Ambience is superb, food is average, bit on the higher side.
Old 24th September 2011, 01:56   #53
BHPian

Ramya hotel for it's mouth watering crispy dosa.
Hanumanthu for it's yummy pulav .
Old 24th September 2011, 02:25   #54
BHPian

Some places that I used to frequent when I stayed in Mysore

Gayathri Tiffin Rooms (GTR) located at Chamundipuram.
Guru Sweets @ Urs Road
in Devraj Urs road, dont miss out the chaat you get at Bombay Tiffany's and the Badam Milk
Phalamrutha for its famous fruit salad with ice cream

There is this place in KD road which has some really nice burger, its opposite to Green leaf, Anyone know the name of this joint. Its a very small place but YUM food
Old 26th September 2011, 08:14   #55
BHPian

Kafe Biryani Corner close to St.Joseph's school on Hunsur Road, after Mandovi Motors. Take a right after the signal when you cross Mandovi (going towards Hunsur).

Biryani is good, they are served very fast. Other items are pretty good too.

Another branch of it is on Sarawathipuram Double Road after Westside.

Its available on google map!

Last edited by Blue_V : 26th September 2011 at 08:18.
Old 8th October 2011, 14:09   #56
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Isn't that Top stuff on kalidasa road ?
Riju - yes sir, my bad - you're right it is Top Stuff that I was referring to.
Old 8th October 2011, 15:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That must be the Poojary's Fish Land, the 2nd one being Fish Land Mangalore Kerala Style ...
For long time, both were named "Fish Land" and thereby causing confusions to innocent passerby people. Even we used to alternate between the two to find which is better. But a few months ago I guess one of them changed name, I just noticed it by a corner of my eye (not a stop time). Whoever retaining the name Fish Land, I hope make good justice to it.

BTW, a separate request to people: please post full address/proper direction/GPS locations of the places you post of Mysore. For most of us, we are not familiar with most areas of Mysore except the main roads. And generally we reach there hungry already, so no time to get lost. A precise direction would really help.

Last edited by kousik : 8th October 2011 at 15:39.
Old 27th October 2011, 09:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Last evening ventured into the city again and visited The Mall of Mysore. The place had nothing to offer in terms of great shopping. No good eat outs in the mall and we headed out to Urs Road.

Parked my car in one of the by-lanes next to the UCB showroom. While walking to Devaraj Urs Road a small eat out caught my eye. The place is called Sandeep's Paddu Corner.It's bang opp the UCB showroom on DD Urs road.

Savored on some mouth watering mallige dosa and paddus. Give it a shot and for those of you who wanna know more about Paddus please follow the link .
Old 27th October 2011, 11:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Last evening ventured into the city again and visited The Mall of Mysore. The place had nothing to offer in terms of great shopping. No good eat outs in the mall and we headed out to Urs Road.

Parked my car in one of the by-lanes next to the UCB showroom. While walking to Devaraj Urs Road a small eat out caught my eye. The place is called Sandeep's Paddu Corner.It's bang opp the UCB showroom on DD Urs road.

Savored on some mouth watering mallige dosa and paddus. Give it a shot and for those of you who wanna know more about Paddus please follow the link .
Mysore Mall is still not fully functional. Only CCD outlet is available as of now.

There is a street parallel to Urs road towards the end which servers variety of veg. street foods. The Faluda/ Kulfi is superb.
Old 27th October 2011, 12:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
Mysore Mall is still not fully functional. Only CCD outlet is available as of now.
Yeah know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
There is a street parallel to Urs road towards the end which servers variety of veg. street foods. The Faluda/ Kulfi is superb.
It's called chat street IIRC and is the road near the Lokayuktha Office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks