Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 21:27   #76
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: A Guide : Eating Out In Mysore!

I went for annual health checkup at Kannan's diagnostics on Sayyajirao road. After giving fasting blood sample, went to nearby small hotel called 'Hotel Hemanth'. Its a small eatery. I was surprised by the speed of surprise, taste of food and prices. Seeing astronimical prices of food in bangalore( eg: 70/- for single davanagere benne dosae), it was a pleasent surprise to see decently priced food items. Let me reitirate, this is not a fine dining place, nor famous for any special dish, but all the food we had there (went for breakfast and lunch) was fresh & hot, served well, served fast. No wonder it was filled with customers.

If you are running errands and need a quick bite, can try this. I am sure there are many such eateries surviving in Mysore.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide : Eating Out In Mysore!-hemanth-food.jpg  

HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:45   #77
BHPian

Earlier this month, we were travelling from Bangalore to Wayanad via Mysore.

During onward journey, we stopped for breakfast at GTR, Chamundipuram. Food was good and delicious. But restrooms were bad, not very clean, dark & dingy (in first floor).

During return journey, we halted for late lunch (around 4pm) at Dose Corner, Opposite to New DC Office, near CPWD Arch. Food was delicious and our ravenous family emptied many plates Very good service with a smile too Certainly, recommended for Vegetarians and for folks driving via Mysore (Quickly accessible from eastern arm of Mysore Ring Road)

Last edited by srvm : 24th May 2023 at 11:47.
Old 24th May 2023, 12:10   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the restaurant at Parklane still have all that greenery? And do they still have live classical instrumental music?

(Been ages since I went.)

Most Viewed