Team-BHP - Most ever users online. EDIT : 14,753 online on 8th August, 2011!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Most ever users online. EDIT : 14,753 online on 8th August, 2011! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/88559-most-ever-users-online-edit-14-753-online-8th-august-2011-a.html)

Just noticed that most users ever online is now 9,188 on 7th September 2010 at 20:48. clap:

We didn't have so many online users even during the Delhi Auto expo days!! So what was so special on 07/09/10? :D

I don't know what was special y'day, but I usually observe that Wednesday's are usually flooded with many users online. Quite surprising as why this record was done on Tuesday.

Its about time! The old record stood for a surprisingly long period of time given how rapidly our member list is growing

after the long weekend here in US?

Lets make the number even more. Maybe 15000. How about folks logging in on this Sunday at 2pm IST ?

Just amazes me that there are 9,200 people searching & reading our forum at the exact same time. Kudos to his community! Come to think of it, during the early days, we'd gone absolutely ballistic when we had 41 users online (sometime in 2004)!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 2062152)
The old record stood for a surprisingly long period of time given how rapidly our member list is growing

8,167 users online. It was (unfortunately) the day of the Bangalore Blasts and Google ranked us as one of the top results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekiny2k (Post 2062159)
after the long weekend here in US?

Naah, USA visitors account for less than 10% of our total traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinj12 (Post 2062197)
Maybe 15000. How about folks logging in on this Sunday at 2pm IST ?

Where's the fun in that :). Lets hit 15K naturally.

>>> More strength to the t-bhp!

By the way, given the popularity and the credibility of the views of the experts here, do we see a linguistic style developing which is specific to t-bhpians? I know that we need to keep to certain norms of writing (and very rightly too), but I see an incipient t-bhp speak developing, for instance, the use of the term 'exact same':).

Regards

Congrats all, now 7th Sept'10 record is broken within a span of 13 days. Today (20th Sept'10), it broke the previous record for most ever users online.clap:

@Mods: Pls change the title date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joy (Post 2076356)
Congrats all, now 7th Sept'10 record is broken within a span of 13 days. Today (20th Sept'10), it broke the previous record for most ever users online.clap:

@Mods: Pls change the title date.

We continue to scale new heights :). Thanks, title updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2062131)
I don't know what was special y'day, but I usually observe that Wednesday's are usually flooded with many users online. Quite surprising as why this record was done on Tuesday.

It was a MONDAY :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2077447)
We continue to scale new heights :). Thanks, title updated.

Yes, I am sure 10,000 happens anytime and that is a new benchmark.

I think we are aiming for more users than the no of individual cars sold in the month :)

Its yeti's new blog that is pulling in the viewers!:)

Wow, that previous date July 25, 2008 remained like that for so long that I had memorized it!
Thought it would be very difficult to beat that but looks like we are rocking even harder.

Good to see my handle listed first on both days. 7th and 20th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2063648)
Just amazes me that there are 9,200 people searching & reading our forum at the exact same time.

Its an amazing number indeed. Cheers to the TBHP community and management team for maintaining the quality.

But is it really 9,200 people at the exact same time?. I've used Vbulletin for a few installations ~5 years back and IIRC, it did not show real-time statistics. If my memory leads me right, the statistics it shows is accumulated over a period of 10-15 minutes. I might be completely wrong since the feature must have been changed to show real-time statistics now.

Note from mod : New record & new thread here > link