Team-BHP - Your proud clock collection (Grand father, Wall, Alarm & Table models)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Your proud clock collection (Grand father, Wall, Alarm & Table models) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/89178-your-proud-clock-collection-grand-father-wall-alarm-table-models-3.html)

Ok Nitrous I think u are in luck .. if you cannot buy an antique clock you can definitely buy a brand new one. (just like the THAR)..

Pse visit M.Vaman Nayak & Sons has been manufacturing classic & customized Grandfather Clocks ,Wall clock,Jewellers Clock,Regulator clock, this the same famous Nayak's clock that tramway has shown in the first post. The company still exists and is still producing clocks.

They have a factory in Managalore, which I have visited as it is in my hometown, so this is not hear say.

Attached the larger Clock is known as the Jeweller's Clock is from Nayak's and I have procured it recently in the past few years.

The smaller one is a replica of a cuckoo clock which I picked up 15 years ago from Zurich.

Both are in working condition, a pleasure to maintain.

Sorry, missed one more point, Nayak's restores old clocks too, I seen a few on display there.

The website could be a bit better, but what the heck.. I think their core competency is building clocks than websites.

Here is my other clock. Its a newben clock. Don't know much about its history but i am sure its a locally (Indian) manufactured time piece. I am planning to pick the other 2 clocks i.e. similar to the Red one (Kienzle make) and the other Seikosha one. How much should i pay for them at max. BTW how are the BIM BAM wall clocks. Have been told that it strikes double (at 12o clock it rings 24 times) Anything special about this clock.

@ powertwin: Sir i really appreciate your passion towards these time pieces but i think the French brand was named JAZ instead of JAZZ (which your clock states. Please put up a picture of the dial. Actually have located a bunch of them in a shop and none of them states JAZZ. I maybe wrong though.

Your proud clock collection (Grand father, Wall, Alarm & Table models)-image0605.jpg
Your proud clock collection (Grand father, Wall, Alarm & Table models)-image0606.jpg

Your proud clock collection (Grand father, Wall, Alarm & Table models)-defiancealarmclock.jpg
Your proud clock collection (Grand father, Wall, Alarm & Table models)-seikosha-clock.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 2177180)
Pictured here is a 24hr. WEKUP table clock purchased in 1970 for mere 15Rs.
Full chromed outer body with fluorescent dial and needles recently serviced. Got its spring balance replaced. Also have some more clocks in collection which i will post later.

Me to have WEKUP table clock with manual Day & date change provision..
here is it!!

EQUITY table clock, Chinese though!!( some 'early '70 s machine)
Alarm table clock, with a has a window disc instead of second arm , creating floral designs delight to watchclap:
Still going strong...
Rose color anodized aluminum Body, stove enamel back cover...looks cool,works fine, sounds like sweet!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 2178742)

@ powertwin: Sir i really appreciate your passion towards these time pieces but i think the French brand was named JAZ instead of JAZZ (which your clock states. Please put up a picture of the dial. Actually have located a bunch of them in a shop and none of them states JAZZ. I maybe wrong though.

I maybe wrong though.>>> You told!!
No buddy I was wrong thing age is catching upagree:
It is " JAZ" as you said & not Jazz!!
Any way presenting my Travel Alarm clock ... "NET LOCK", a Japanese stuff
pin type movement, with single key or both alarm & Movement as in most Travel alarm clocks...circa ' 70s

Quote:

Originally Posted by powertwin (Post 2181156)
I maybe wrong though.>>> You told!!
No buddy I was wrong thing age is catching upagree:
It is " JAZ" as you said & not Jazz!!

Sir you were not wrong, its just another doubt cleared. Actually your collection is an inspiration to me and would like to procure some rare time pieces and wall clocks as and when i lay my hands on. Do let me know the MAKES which an "old time piece" collector should definitely have. Will post some pics of the various time pieces i have in a day or two.

My "JUNGHANS German alarm Table clock "---Made in GERMANY !!
Dunno the actual year of manufacture, may be early '50 s machine, keeps time perfectly, wakes up any DEEP Sleeping buddies:uncontrol till now!!
Think once in 1961 this particular clock has gone for some kind of service....see one of the previous owner has engraved his name (Gunasekaran) & date ( 6-12-61)on the top of the front body:)

Here is my Scotch...sorry WESTCLOX alarm clock Blacky-- Made in Scotland!!:)
This is my 3 rd Westclox alarm clock -circa'60s
Beautiful black dial with night glow hands, was fixed a couple of months before....till today no issuesclap:
Sorry for poor pics quality !!

This beautiful plumby Westclox - Made in Canada, was gifted to my dad,by his friend Mr.Athony @ 1963.
Same my age....kicks back at times, but I fix it, with help of Donor parts from similar westclox clocks, recently bought one as a Donor, but that Donor is pretty healthier mine, so I gave to my assistant Girish ( but its at my garage now):thumbs up

Though I have few HES alarm clocks with me, I bought this "NOS" ( new old stock) HES Clock to keep inside this beautiful Rose wood Clock Case { the previous owner claims AGE of this CAGE may be 75 + }
>> brass lock, brass hinges & even cadminum coated nails>>> proves his his point!!agree:

This is my Favre Leuba - Jaz, French timepiece but Made in India. Some history- It was manufactured in Hyderabad by SIFCO at their Sanatnagar plant in their heydays of the 60's & 70's. Has a very crisp and clear alarm. Still on original chrome.

This is a 12V Quartz movement, Kienzle car clock made in W. Germany. Maybe a decade old or so. Got it from an old car which was to be scrapped.

Here is another Kienzle wall clock, Quartz movement. Was purchased in early nineties. Repaired it myself:) recently. Working good since then.

And another Kienzle timepiece, Made in Germany. The last time it was repaired was on 12-2-1966,so its probably 40-50 years old.
Still on original post office red paint. Recently polished the various brass parts of the same.