Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 22:46   #136
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Hi all, Been searching for some mattresses , specifically the spine ck... And any reason why i should go for the KurlOn Ortho instead of the Peps one??

Go for Kurlon Ortho. The slightly harder/firmer mattress gives you far better back support and will save you from backache in the medium/ long term. The human spine was not meant to sleep on a squashy soft surface. A firmer surface actually gives you far better rest.
Old 2nd November 2013, 18:17   #137
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

I am looking for for Restolex Green Sleep King Size (latex foam + rubberised coir) mattress.

The quote I have got is 24K on MRP of 28-30K.

Is there a shop in Bangalore where I can demo the different models from Restolex?

Last edited by bharatbs : 2nd November 2013 at 18:18.
Old 6th November 2013, 20:05   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I am looking for for Restolex Green Sleep King Size (latex foam + rubberised coir) mattress.

The quote I have got is 24K on MRP of 28-30K.

Is there a shop in Bangalore where I can demo the different models from Restolex?
Did you buy the mattress? What different options did you compare? Anything coir tends to have shorter life span. also don't fall for the steep discounts. you will notice that they are selling pretty much in all the stores at the same discount, so you are not getting any real discount.

Sometimes a mattress may cost 2x but will also last 2-3x longer and gives much better sleep quality!

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 12th November 2013, 17:02   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by $niper View Post
Hi Guys - I am currently in the market for a new mattress and have had a look at Shobha Restoplus (pocket sprig ones) and Snoozer (classic) both these product are priced around 20-22K. Can somebody suggest which is better among these or any other brands for this price range please?
In my view, both are good. Snoozer has the charm of being a hidden gem and I also think that they are better value. At the same time, Sobha is very good and they have aggressive pricing too. They both are available online now!
Old 17th November 2013, 12:12   #140
BHPian

I am using Snoozer classic for the past four months. And I can vouch for Snoozer.
Old 17th November 2013, 12:24   #141
BHPian

Can anyone please let me know the current street price for snoozer classic mattress? .
I checked online and its around 35k w/o discount
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:36   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick555 View Post
Can anyone please let me know the current street price for snoozer classic mattress? .
I checked online and its around 35k w/o discount
thats about the price its available for. online generally offers a good deal. there may be offers from time to time or you can push for an additional discount. the street price is about 33k without freebies.
Old 10th January 2014, 16:55   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
thats about the price its available for. online generally offers a good deal. there may be offers from time to time or you can push for an additional discount. the street price is about 33k without freebies.
Checkout www.fabmart.com for a 10% discount and a couple of pillows. The price post discount comes to ~ 29700.

I checked out the Classic 6" model at a store in Bangalore and for sure it feels as premium as they make of it. Have to choose between the Snoozer Classic and the Harmony Royale from Sleepwell.
Old 26th January 2014, 07:51   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Checkout www.fabmart.com for a 10% discount and a couple of pillows. The price post discount comes to ~ 29700.

I checked out the Classic 6" model at a store in Bangalore and for sure it feels as premium as they make of it. Have to choose between the Snoozer Classic and the Harmony Royale from Sleepwell.
I guess like everything online, mattress too are sold better online. Not just in terms of price. More in terms of transparency, warranty, bills, freebies etc., There are so many places where the dealers cut corners, especially the high-end stores. I feel you tend to get a clear picture of the product on line and some good ones offer very good suggestions and personalised service too!
Old 26th January 2014, 20:39   #145
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Agree you get a better deal online and better service too. I am a big fan of buying online. In the end, I feel that there is no one brand out there in the market that suits every one’s pockets. It is a matter of choosing what suits your requirements and budget. A soft mattress is good for some and bad for others. Similarly a spring mattress works well for some but foam mattress may be better for other.

A misnomer is that, you need to try the mattress before you buy. I had a similar feeling until I purchased one from fabmart online almost a year back. I got a mattress after reading the blogs on fabmart and after speaking to the “expert”. It has worked well. Here are so stats too that say people are as happy as those buying after touching and feeling the mattress.

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/matt...ws-online.html

The point is to go with the recommendation of someone who is knowledgeable about mattresses, than to get carried away buy discounts, freebies because in the end what matters is good sleep.

ps: Got burnt buying a samsung LED TV at a almost 5% lower price than elsewhere. Only to realise that the warranty was not honored by the company as the bill had mentioned another model number which I failed to notice. Of course, the dealer is not taking responsibility!
Old 27th January 2014, 17:10   #146
Senior - BHPian

Any inputs/feedback on Springfit mattresses?

Am considering their Z-Box foam range.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:55   #147
Senior - BHPian

I am in the market for buying a new mattress, but my budget is capped at 20,000 INR. Since I have back ache problem, I did not look at spring mattress.

I am getting Springair Orthomedical (6X6.5, 4 inch thickness) and Godrej interio Orthomatic Regular (6X6.5, 4 inch thickness) for below 18K INR.
Springair mattress is made of high density PUF while Interio Orthomatic is made of coir plus foam.

Which one will be a better choice among these two, considering the comfort factor and reliability factor?

Is there any other alternatives which I should look in the 20 K range?

--Anoop
Old 5th February 2014, 17:02   #148
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to what I posted above, I found out that Godrej Interio Orthomatic is also made of Bonded PU foam.

I am also getting sleepwell Ortho mattress in my range (less than 12K for 4 inch, less than 15 K for 5 inch) but it is made of coir+foam.

Need some help to finalize my choice - which one is better for back pain? Ortho mattress made of bonded PU form or Ortho mattress made of Coir+foam?

--Anoop
Old 5th February 2014, 22:25   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Contrary to what I posted above, I found out that Godrej Interio Orthomatic is also made of Bonded PU foam.

I am also getting sleepwell Ortho mattress in my range (less than 12K for 4 inch, less than 15 K for 5 inch) but it is made of coir+foam.

Need some help to finalize my choice - which one is better for back pain? Ortho mattress made of bonded PU form or Ortho mattress made of Coir+foam?

--Anoop

After over a year long process of knowledge acquisition and dwelling on multiple choice, right from pocket spring, memory, latex, bonded foam to coir. Between brands of all sorts with no specific budget restriction but having focus on orthopaedic comfort and finding value for money

even visited manufacturing facility of Peps brand, watched numerous tube videos on the subject, some to quite a few experts and visited many a brand showroom and trust me you. I was still as confused as I was when I started and finally went by the advice of local guy who does our upholstery and is also on fab india list of approved vendor. And got a coir+foam combo with cotton quilting with total thickness of 5 inches. Costing around 12.7k

I must say.. No regrets and I am happy..
Old 5th February 2014, 23:09   #150
BHPian

I just bought a snoozer classic 8 inches for 28k from a retailer in mumbai. I had earlier enquired in fabmart.com based on posts above and spoke to a couple of folks there who said they own the site- but they were selling for 3k more. So not all great deals are online and fabmarts price match promise is a joke.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks