Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 14:46   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The mattress should arrive this weekend or next week, will post my review in a few weeks. If there's anything that I should take care of during the 100 day trial then please let me know. The plan is not even have tea on the mattress during the 100 day trial and hopefully Sunday will honour its claim should something go wrong with my expectations from the mattress.
Suggest to get the mattress cover also. Will help protect the mattress against accidental spills or stains. Even if you return the mattress, you should still be able to use the cover with similar sized mattresses.

Been using Sunday for a year and a half now and am pretty happy.
Old 8th January 2019, 16:31   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Suggest to get the mattress cover also.
The cover is free with the mattress. In fact two pillows were offered free until Dec 2018 but I took too much time to make this decision and had to pay 3k more for pillows.

Hopefully all is worth the exorbitant cost I've paid for this mattress.

I remember my brother-in-law asking me as he's out looking for a mattress replacement and I told him Sunday is worth considering where "twenty nine to fifty nine" gives him two of the best options in the market for his bed size.

He was so excited that twenty nine to fifty nine hundred would give him imported latex as an option. That wide grin turned into a the moment I told him its a thousand my good sir!

To date he can't believe I spent 30k on a mattress. My parents have officially labelled me crazy the day I put in the order. Now my entire khaandaan is dying to come to my place to have a look at what a 30k mattress looks like.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 16:57   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now my entire khaandaan is dying to come to my place to have a look at what a 30k mattress looks like.
I guess you will need to be prepared for the next level of ridicule as there is nothing really special about the look or immediate feel of the mattress. Benefits of a good mattress will be long term (as you would already know).

It is more of a mind set change. People are ok spending 40-50k and even more on fancy wooden cots, dining tables, sofas but are hesitant to spend money on a mattress which on which you potentially spend 1/3rd of each day.
Old 8th January 2019, 18:55   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Placed an order last week for Sunday's Ortho Mattress.
The mattress should arrive this weekend or next week, will post my review in a few weeks. If there's anything that I should take care of during the 100 day trial then please let me know. The plan is not even have tea on the mattress during the 100 day trial and hopefully Sunday will honour its claim should something go wrong with my expectations from the mattress.
I am one happy customer of theirs, the newer one - Sunday Ortho Plus 3 is far better then older generation which I was using before. I actually plan to change my other mattresses to Ortho 3 as these are amongst best I have experienced so far not just in India but also overseas.

However their back office guys are pretty useless and even senior guys (partner maybe) have some serious ego or atleast that's what I felt. During last shipment, when the courier guy came for Delivery, there was no Invoice with the shipment, I asked them to mail me over and they won't give an additional copy for some reasons linked with 100 day trials Apparently there is a copy inside the mattress. I still don't understand how can a carrier ship something without an Invoice?

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th January 2019 at 18:57.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 18:41   #470
BHPian

How is Sunday Ortho Plus 3 Mattress? It is 1" memory foam + 2" latex + 5" HR foam. Is full latex significantly better than 2 inches + MF? Plus it has memory foam. And half the price of full latex.
Old 9th January 2019, 19:00   #471
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
How is Sunday Ortho Plus 3 Mattress? It is 1" memory foam + 2" latex + 5" HR foam. Is full latex significantly better than 2 inches + MF? Plus it has memory foam. And half the price of full latex.
I think it will be all to personal preferences. Best will be to visit and try in stores. Don't buy mattress just because its expensive or cheap or has thing or that. I love Ortho Plus 3 but my Son absolutely hates
Old 10th January 2019, 14:22   #472
BHPian

I am a satisfied user of Sunday latex Mattress since last year . Get very sound sleep . However the mattress could have been slightly firm ,the way it sinks on the edges with the sliding feeling gives me jitters on the longievty of the product over 6-10 yrs useage . Also the quilting around the edges could be better seems very fragile .

Can latex mattress be dried in Sun for an hour or so ?since i am very paranoid about dust mites and bugs . We used to dry our coir cum memory foam mattress every fortnight . Currently i flipover the mattress every fortnight .
Old 16th January 2019, 18:25   #473

Wow.. Never thought there would be so much information on buying a mattress in here

Anyone has experience with the Boston Organic Natural Latex Mattress.

Am finding it tough to decide between this and the Sunday Ortho plus 3 mattress.

I also liked a mattress from king koil but not sure about the brand and after service. http://www.kingkoil.in/naturabond.html
Anyone used it?

Am looking for mattress with a medium firm to firm feel. TIA.
Old 20th January 2019, 13:17   #474

Anyone here who has bought sunday mattress , want to send me a referral link?
Old 30th January 2019, 06:07   #475
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
To date he can't believe I spent 30k on a mattress. My parents have officially labelled me crazy the day I put in the order. Now my entire khaandaan is dying to come to my place to have a look at what a 30k mattress looks like.
I got similar treatment from my family after I bought 3 of their mattresses, but honestly over the last 3 years our entire family and extended families sleep on a Sunday mattress. So, I feel less guilty now To be honest, I am a huge fan of Sunday mattress and I can’t say how much difference it has made to my sleep experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
However their back office guys are pretty useless and even senior guys (partner maybe) have some serious ego or atleast that's what I felt. During last shipment, when the courier guy came for Delivery, there was no Invoice with the shipment, I asked them to mail me over and they won't give an additional copy for some reasons linked with 100 day trials Apparently there is a copy inside the mattress. I still don't understand how can a carrier ship something without an Invoice?
The first level support could be a bit stuck up sometimes with policies. Write to the CEO. There would be an email with his email and mobile number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Can latex mattress be dried in Sun for an hour or so ?since i am very paranoid about dust mites and bugs . We used to dry our coir cum memory foam mattress every fortnight . Currently i flipover the mattress every fortnight .
I think exposing the naked latex foam to sun is not advisable. From what I read, Latex is very different from Coir or Memory foam or other foams in the sense that it is naturally anti hypoallergenic. So, I think you should be good. Otherwise, you can put the mattress in a place where there is sunlight but not direct sun light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyallnight View Post
Anyone here who has bought sunday mattress , want to send me a referral link?
Have you purchased yet? If not, PM me and I will share my referral details with you.
Old 30th January 2019, 10:43   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
I got similar treatment from my family after I bought 3 of their mattresses, but honestly over the last 3 years our entire family and extended families sleep on a Sunday mattress. So, I feel less guilty now To be honest, I am a huge fan of Sunday mattress and I can’t say how much difference it has made to my sleep experience.

The first level support could be a bit stuck up sometimes with policies. Write to the CEO. There would be an email with his email and mobile number!

I think exposing the naked latex foam to sun is not advisable. From what I read, Latex is very different from Coir or Memory foam or other foams in the sense that it is naturally anti hypoallergenic. So, I think you should be good. Otherwise, you can put the mattress in a place where there is sunlight but not direct sun light.

Have you purchased yet? If not, PM me and I will share my referral details with you.
Hey... already purchased and delivered. Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 16:07   #477
BHPian

Ohh man. This thread is godsend for me. A bad desicion of getting two pepps spring mattress and regretting thereafter. All my senior citizen relatives visiting my place,they just hate to sleep on our spring beds rather feel comfortable on cotton beds. I am in a desperate search of good mattress for back pain and medium comfort.
Was about to go for new ortho of kurlon till I got to know about this thread. Is Sunday mattress really that good? How to check them physically , any stores in Bangalore.
Old 9th March 2019, 16:52   #478
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Is Sunday mattress really that good? How to check them physically , any stores in Bangalore.
Sunday mattress has a fan club here . So, in terms of product and service you can go with them with out any reservations. Having said that, sometimes you may not like any of their products, because your body is built a certain way. If that’s the case, you can return and get a full refund. If you have the budget and can be patient, go with their Latex plus mattress, it is absolutely incredible. If not, then go with the Ortho plus mattress.
Old 9th March 2019, 17:02   #479
BHPian

Recently bought Sleepwell Spinetech Air 2 back support mattress. It has good back support as well as cushioning. Hope it ages well.
Old 12th March 2019, 23:21   #480
BHPian

Do you guys know if there's a store in Delhi/NCR where I can try the mattress? 23k for a queen sized 8" mattress with latex is fairly good price I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks