Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2019, 08:24   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing your review, DRIV3R! Sunday Mattress just dropped an email responding to it:
GTO, thanks for sharing. My responses below and it is for everyone to see.

1) Why was the warranty rejected when sagging was observed till 3 inches in the mattress and the same being recorded in the inspection report with pictures as proof? (A measuring tape was used by the executive and I was asked to click pictures)

A significant area of the mattress was sagging between 2.5 to 3 inches.

Given this, I fail to understand how warranty was “rejected”

Since they have reached out to you, why don’t you ask them to share the inspection report and the pictures clicked on the phone by Sunday at my place?

That should clear everything up. Given how they are misrepresenting facts, would not be surprised if they even forge my signature on a new inspection report that claimed “no sagging” but then they cannot do the same for the pictures. So I have some hope.

Secondly, ticket lapsing after 4 days is an absolute load of BS. I have an email from customer executive giving me an ultimatum to allow them for a “second” inspection, else ticket will be closed after 30 days, and this was on April 23rd. It isn’t May 23rd even yet.

Thirdly, I never complained about having to reach them twice about the issue.

The delay in response from my side was due to many reasons, me getting busy was one while the other one being temporary relief from sagging after periodic rotation.

So the product got older and issue became worse and had no improvement even after rotation, which is why I contacted them again.

Also, AR the founder CEO was very much aware of the issue as he was intimated first and was also copied on all emails.

However he feigned ignorance when he replied to my Google review and was asking for “details”.

Like I said, I am all in for second inspection, provided I am given the following.

1) Prior Inspection report
2) Pictures showing the sagging
3) Detailed justification or atleast a factual one liner stating why the warranty was rejected

I am demanding the inspection report only because the inspection report fell well under their warranty clause by far.

As a consumer, I am entitled to the above at the bare minimum. So Sunday, do the honours and maybe prove your transparency?

If an Auto OEM rejects warranty, I am told the reason. Say, you missed this X kms service, you have fit this aftermarket accessory, etc.

Likewise, I expect a justification here. One liners like “warranty team rejected the claim”, “sagging not evident in pictures” etc. don’t cut.

In fact, I was just told the first one liner and after a phone call and many probing email exchanges, I was told the second one liner above.

This should clear things up. Thanks.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 6th May 2019 at 08:28.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 11:11   #497
BHPian

Sorry to read about your bad experience DRIV3R. I think you should allow for a second inspection and see how it goes.

About Sunday, I have read a lot of negative reviews in various review sites. I am guessing the experience with Sunday mattresses is great in the short term but it degrades with time. Most of the bad reviews I have read online are related to long term usage.

Which I what gave me cold feet after I was very much determined to buy one. After spending half a lakh on a mattress, I'd expect it to last long if not forever. Trouble is there are not many offline brands that sell full latex foam mattress.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 13:33   #498
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the suggestion and kind words, blacksport.

Attaching some conversations with Sunday from email.

Funny thing though, they have never tried calling me to discuss for closure nor call and apologise for closing the ticket abruptly, asking for another chance to inspect, NOR have they responded to my emails.

I even forwarded a copy of the closure email to Alphonse Reddy, the founder CEO. Have not gotten single response till date.

Same guy emailed me to do positive video reviews and was ready to pay upto 12 grand INR. Pathetic.

Both customer care center and Alphonse reddy are only responding to alleviate my claims both on T BHP and Google. This should say something and also shows the reach of T BHP as a forum.

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-34fde75b0305464bac2720f5ad6eb0cb.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-ecfb0acaa5c94a5e97e5d7ff897f3de1.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-0a236047ad8545069fba335fa7cbd940.jpeg

Last edited by DRIV3R : 6th May 2019 at 13:43.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 18:48   #499
BHPian

Any reviews on Flo Mattress? Planning to buy their Ergo mattress for one of the bedrooms at home.

Reasons why I'm leaning towards them:
1. The mattress cost is 7k for the single bed (3k discount through the Cred offer)
2. 100-days trial
3. Based out of Mumbai, easier for returns/warranty claims if the need arises
4. Terms & conditions similar to the competitors
Quote:
We offer a 10 year warranty on our mattresses which covers manufacturing defects such as depressions deeper than 1", sagging, cover defects such as unraveling stitching, or flaws in the foam causing it to split or crack.

Last edited by prateekm : 12th May 2019 at 18:50.
Old 13th May 2019, 12:24   #500
Senior - BHPian

So today, decided that it is enough of waiting on Sunday, who apparently went AWOL for direct communications with me. Dropped the whole Sunday team an email with relevant attachments, asking them to go ahead for the "second" inspection.

Some interesting facts:
- Sunday has updated their warranty clauses post sudden closure of my ticket WITHOUT any closure notes or updates (29th April 2019 - Ticket closed 5 days earlier)
- Ortho 2G has only 5 years of warranty whilst the newer ones have 10 years, goes to show the confidence on their own products
- Mattress was rotated on April 16th 2019, it is not even 30 days yet, and the mattress is used only at bed time, and only on weekdays - you can see the amount of sagging already in the unused side per first inspection

Attaching some pictures of the sagging, which were clicked today.

- Sagging observed using the same method Sunday used during inspection on April 16th, 2019
- Proof of first inspection (Sunday executive visit, Sunday branded cable tie cut by their executive for inspection)

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-d0b93eaf2870459583a8daaf83d03822.jpg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9675.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9676.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9681.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9682.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9683.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9684.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9688.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9689.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9690.jpeg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_9696.jpg
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 12:12   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I see some good offers on latex mattresses in Flipkart today. I am looking at these options:

Sprintek king - 40K
https://www.flipkart.com/springtek-d...FLIPKART&sattr
And then came the Flipkart sale and I picked up a 6inch King 100% latex for 22K. It was a gamble although Flipkart reviews were generally positive.

The mattress feels good - very plush, actually a bit softer than I expected. My benchmark is still the Serta Sertapedic pillow top spring mattress I used in the US 10 years ago. That was the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on and the Springtek latex does not come close to that.

I had bought a Shoba Restoplus spring matterss when I was back in India but was not a patch for the Serta. And I can definitely say that the Springtek latex is miles ahead of the Shoba spring mattress.

I haven't slept in any other latex mattress, so I can't say whether Springtek is better or worse or same than other latex mattresses. But compared to the 20K I spent of the Shoba mattress (7" queen), 22K on the Springtek appears to be money well spent.

People who do not have a lot of money to splurge can try the Springtek latex.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th July 2019 at 15:56. Reason: Fixed link
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 13:55   #502
Senior - BHPian

SERTA is the Rolls Royce of mattresses, and it cost us around 6K AED (Starting price) in Dubai. In India, they charge a King's ransom, but all hotels of repute use the brand and I have heard of hotel guests buying the SERTA they slept on, for use at their home. KING KOIL is another brand I'm familiar with and it lasts the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
not a patch for the Serta
Old 5th June 2019, 10:25   #503
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Looking to buy a good pillow.

Would this be a good choice?
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07BGBYL38/
Old 24th June 2019, 21:02   #504
Senior - BHPian

Updates:-

Since my last post, many things have happened, and am just summarising them below.

- Since a new ticket was opened after they deliberately closed first ticket without notice (and later bluffed that tickets auto-close in 4 days, irony that I have proof for ticket being open more than 4 days with NO activity even with my second ticket), Sunday had no option than to entertain my request of second inspection.
- Strangely, they kept postponing the second inspection date forever and it was pushed for over 2 months
- I got them to write to me that if there is a warranty issue, the date of my first reporting of issue is what will be considered for pro rata warranty
- Some “senior” person who was supposed to conduct the second inspection was magically on vacation for over 2 months. It later turned out to be Aadarsh Muralidharan, who is heading operations and who had called me post first inspection to say warranty team rejected the claim.
- After lots of back and forth, finally the inspection happened on 22nd June 2019
- Aadarsh and Anurag from Sunday arrived with a brand new Durometer (device used to measure firmness of plastic or rubber, hardly weighs a kilogram)
- They run that device on 4 vertical lines at 8 points on my mattress conveniently ignoring the middle part of the mattress which is firm as day 1 since less contact and take readings. It varied from 48-65 on a 100 scale.
- I question the idea of this device and since when they are using it and I got vague answers and was told that it was a “recent” addition. (No prizes for guessing why they needed 2 months)
- I question as to how these random readings are transformed to sagging or no sagging and the science behind. I was told these readings will be given to “Product” team and that they will see if it is sagging or not. They had me in splits with that one - a non existent virtual team sitting remotely and judging mattress sagging basis random values from a durometer? Well!
- After a lot of persuasion and questioning how a durometer would say if mattress is sagging or not, these fellows slept on my mattress for 1 minute each. Funny right. And then after more persuasion, they measured the sagging with the thread and block method. And then Anurag marked the sagging area on the inspection report. But Aadarsh seemed to be unhappy with it. He sent me in the pretext of asking water and meanwhile told him to tone it down while I was away.
- I question as to what happened to the old format of inspection report which they had and as to why they are not using it and then they reluctantly take the old format and mark sagging areas on it after I persuade them to do the traditional sagging test

Some more cock and bull conversations later, they take leave.

I have the whole visit recorded since I knew these guys will play foul. And boy was I right!

Today I get an email with a pdf attached with only the new inspection format with those random values from the durometer which mentions there are no issues with my mattress. Now who could not have seen this coming?

Now comes the nastier part - you know that when you email their warranty email address, zendesk automatically creates a ticket and assigns it to Sunday.

So Sunday sent me this email and immediately blocked my gmail email ID from their system. I sent 2 emails to be sure and I didn’t get a response with ticket number at all.

(For the curious, I was just asking them to share the missing two inspection reports - 1 from April 16 2019 and 1 from 22 June 2019) though the April one will have more value since I have signed it while Aadarsh did not even hand over the report to me this time.

Sensing their foul play, I immediately send the same email from my alternate email ID and there - next moment I get a new ticket number and auto reply.

Sunday has stooped so low and I have totally lost trust on them. I will be handling them in a different channel going forward. (Meanwhile anyone who could recommend good lawyers for consumer cases in Bangalore please PM me)
DRIV3R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 22:22   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Updates:-
Was closely following this thread as I'm in the market for a mattress for my parents bedroom. I was almost zeroed in on Sunday, ignoring other offline brands, despite Sunday not having an experience centre at my place and multiple other brand shops nearby. And then I see your post and decided to wait and watch. Anyways, Sunday is out of my consideration forever, no matter how good their products are. I'm planning to go with the Orthopaedic range of Duroflex or Kurlon.
Old 25th June 2019, 06:07   #506
Senior - BHPian

Looks like 'Sunday' is going to have a 'bad day' in the coming weeks. Shocked at their tricks. We had purchased this 'old warrior' Springwel (from their Double Road outlet), 12 years back, paying just Rs. 10,000. This mattress provides good sleep. So now we purchased a second Sprigwel (Customized size), paying Rs. 25,000 (But the plush quality of the older one is missed). Maybe we needed to look at other brands
Old 29th June 2019, 09:26   #507
BHPian

If you are looking for spring mattress pocketed/normal Peps has the best range, quality and options. i am not sure about their availability in north part of India but in all the south states its easily available. They are a Bangalore based company and has been in the market for more than 10 years. I have never heard my friends who have been using peps for long term complain. I have been using a pocketed spring peps myself but its too early to comment on longevity. But the mattress is extremely comfortable and well made.
Old 14th July 2019, 04:37   #508
BHPian

Any reviews on Wakefit mattress?

Was considering their Dual Comfort range for a queen sized bed in a guest room. I don't believe the reviews on Amazon. Can some one give me some honest advice?
Old 14th July 2019, 13:24   #509
Senior - BHPian

Guys, why are you not considering old and established brands like Springwell? I was checking our old one and it's in great condition. We are using for over a decade, and it has stayed firm and nice. Ours is a 12 inch one and super comfortable, putting you to sleep instantly (though not in Serta league)
Attached Thumbnails
Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_1539.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 13:21   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, why are you not considering old and established brands like Springwell? I was checking our old one and it's in great condition. We are using for over a decade, and it has stayed firm and nice. Ours is a 12 inch one and super comfortable, putting you to sleep instantly (though not in Serta league)
Any recommendations on Springwel models (or any other reasonably priced mattress) which is slightly on the firmer side? I have a back pain issue and prefer slightly firmer mattresses, definitely not over soft ones. Neither am I wanting rock hard mattresses, just something which is firm and gives good back support, yet comfortable for daily use.

I am presently using Peps 8 inch mattress for the past 5.5 years, and looks like I will need to change it within the next few months.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks