Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 16:04   #541
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
IMO , Coir is a strict no . Pocketed Spring + latex is a good combo . The number of springs( More the better) also matter as those give support to the back. The full foam mattress will be little firm compared to above combo.
Thanks @ansumaan. I ordered wakefit 6 Inch dual comfort mattress and using it for the past 2 weeks.

it has soft material on one side and a bit firm on the other side, even with the firm side up it seems to be soft for my liking. Will try for another 2 weeks and if its still the same then will return it and start searching again
Old 16th January 2020, 16:45   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Thanks @ansumaan. I ordered wakefit 6 Inch dual comfort mattress and using it for the past 2 weeks.

it has soft material on one side and a bit firm on the other side, even with the firm side up it seems to be soft for my liking. Will try for another 2 weeks and if its still the same then will return it and start searching again
With most of these companies that accept returns, what happens to the returned mattresses? How does one know that he gets a brand new mattress when he orders it and not one that has been used and returned?
Old 16th January 2020, 16:51   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
With most of these companies that accept returns, what happens to the returned mattresses? How does one know that he gets a brand new mattress when he orders it and not one that has been used and returned?
Its been specifically told by Wakefit that the returned mattresses are donated to the needy ones(old age homes, orphanage) but are never sold to another customer.
Old 20th January 2020, 18:26   #544
BHPian

Has anyone tried Sunidra mattress? They are selling Coir + Latex mattress for Rs 5100. Is it worth going for it? Customer care seems non-existent - no reply on chat for an hour during working hours.
Old 14th February 2020, 17:07   #545
BHPian

I am going to be in the market for 3 Mattresses ( Queen Sized Beds)in a couple of months and would require a more hard than soft mattress. We have been using an almost 9 year old Foam mattress purchased from Mamaji's in Bandra, Mumbai. As expected, Instagram and Facebook have already predicted that I need a Mattress and have been throwing ads at me. One such ad is from www dot thesleepcompany dot in.
Any T-BHP experience with The Sleep Company Mattress? All such online startups, have inspiring and marketable stories, to make us feel good about their product
What's the latest verdict on the type of Mattress to be used? Is it a Memory Foam one rather than hybrid ones?
Does Wakefit serve all over India? Any experience with their returns as one would ideally buy a replacement from elsewhere and then process for a refund, to avoid nights without a mattress. In such cases, one would like a refund in Bank, rather than a voucher for future purchase.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 14th February 2020 at 17:14. Reason: Wakefit from Wakefield
Old 16th February 2020, 10:08   #546
BHPian

Good morning. Looking for tips on memory foam pillow.

Prefer a larger size than normal pillows.

Budget, max. INR 3500/-

Thanks.
Old 21st February 2020, 20:05   #547
BHPian

Hello, I am looking for two mattress (king & queen size) to be purchased in a day or two. I am confused with so many options in the market. Just got to know that there’s something called as an ‘orthopaedic’ mattress too which guarantees no back pain as the mattress doesn’t sag much in usage & is on firmer side.
Anybody can throw some light on this? Also, which is the best recommended one as i am having slight back problem. I don’t mind a firmer mattress, only thing is it should last well & shouldn’t sag much in due course of time. I am completely noob in this mattress thing. Request some expert advise.
Thanks.
Old 22nd February 2020, 12:27   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Good morning. Looking for tips on memory foam pillow.

Prefer a larger size than normal pillows.

Budget, max. INR 3500/-

Thanks.
Recently got the DuroFlex Neck Balance
https://www.amazon.in/Duroflex-Neck-.../dp/B07WJKB8ZQ

It's been pretty good compared to a cotton pillow.
Old 24th February 2020, 09:55   #549
BHPian

Recently bought a Sunday Mattress Ortho Plus. Loved their service & support, the bed itself was a bit hard for my liking. They had this 100 day trial, I chose to return the mattress in 3 weeks itself. I wanted to try out their Latex mattress, sadly it wasn't available immediately. They processed the refund within 10days.

After that I ordered a Springtek Euro Top Hybrid Latex Pocket Spring mattress (10inch). It ships from UP so took about 10days. Got delivered a week+ back.

It is an amazing mattress. Way better than the earlier Springwel mattress I retired. Has a 2 inch latex top and provides very good support to back and sides. Being overweight, I had given up on sleeping on back, but on this mattress I can sleep for long hours on my back.

Highly recommend to anyone who are OK with spring mattresses.
Old 2nd March 2020, 22:37   #550
BHPian

Hi, has anyone tried Sleepycat mattress? Specification wise, it looks competitive. 2 inch gel memory + 6 inch high density foam for 22,000/-.

Also which is the better type for heavy lower back pain? Sunday Ortho gives 2 inch latex above and 1 inch memory foam below + rest 6 inch below is HRF. Whereas Sleepycat gives 2 inch gel memory above + 6 inch HDF. Is it better to have memory foam above or latex above for a better back ?
Old 3rd March 2020, 10:19   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, has anyone tried Sleepycat mattress? Specification wise, it looks competitive. 2 inch gel memory + 6 inch high density foam for 22,000/-.

Also which is the better type for heavy lower back pain? Sunday Ortho gives 2 inch latex above and 1 inch memory foam below + rest 6 inch below is HRF. Whereas Sleepycat gives 2 inch gel memory above + 6 inch HDF. Is it better to have memory foam above or latex above for a better back ?
I have been using Peps Spinekare to address back pain issues and so far it has been a good experience. Have been using this model for about 6 months now. Prior to this, was using another model of Peps (Restoplus) which was also pretty decent.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 22:35   #552
BHPian

I have followed this thread diligently over the years. I have tried both Sunday Latex Mattress and Wakefit Orthopedic Memory foam mattress.

The Sunday Latex mattress was too soft for our liking, main problem was, for sleeping it is OK, though it is on very softer side, but for sitting it is uncomfortable, we will sink in where ever we sit. Also it didn't stretch to the full king size ( 6 x 6.5) even after 2 months of use. We returned it. The return process was hassle free.

Later after more than a year, we ordered Wakefit orthopedic mattress based on all the reviews on Internet. It was very comfortable initially, but later noticed it has gradient at both sides of mattress, so we were rolling to the sides and soon it became uncomfortable and more over it was also soft. When we spoke to customer care they suggested us to flip the Mattress. Now the other side is on firmer side, this was ok, but we found that it is bending to the weight of us and not adjusting to the shape similar to Memory foam and soon we started experiencing back aches. We decided to return this also. Here we need to applaud the customer care of Wakefit, after we informing about the returning of our Mattress, we had to travel to Singapore suddenly. We informed them about our travel and they accepted our request to wait till our return from Singapore. Two weeks after that we called the customer care and they promptly did the return process. Kudos to them.

Later we started researching again and finally settled at Sleepwell Spinetech Air, this was very comfortable for our needs and I didn't experienced any back ache after that. Its been 6 months now.
RaceHorse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 12:39   #553
BHPian

Could anyone recommend a nice pillow brand/model to buy? All my pillows at home are in need of replacement and I would like to invest in some good quality pillows. Please help!
Old 10th June 2020, 00:00   #554
BHPian

Ordered couple of King size Ortho Plus mattresses from Sunday for my parents place in Mysore. I used to visit once about 2-3 months so didn't really notice the state of 10-15 year old cotton mattresses. However, been stuck in Mysore at my parents place from Mid march with the corona lockdown and the back pains were unbearable.
The mattresses were delivered today. Seems really nice and worth the money. Will use it for some time and decide.
However, the delivery experience left a lot to be desired. I had checked with Sunday if the delivery personnel will help with unpacking and setting up the mattresses. But they told me they are not allowed to do that. Seems fair with the current situation. However, what i didn't bargain for was the rude and abusive behavior of the delivery person. The guy just dumped both mattresses in the living room and was running out. I then asked him to just move one mattresses to the room and he went ballistic. He said they have many mattresses to delivery and it is not his job etc etc. Finally, only one of them helped move the mattresses and i had to move it myself.
While i understand with the current situation, there is some hesitation on the delivery person's part, Sunday needs to be pragmatic. These are not small parcels that they can just throw at the door and run. Each one was 35kgs. So the least they can do is put it in the room.
While the mattresses themselves are great, this delivery experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth!
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 09:44   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Sunday Ortho gives 2 inch latex above and 1 inch memory foam below + rest 6 inch below is HRF. Whereas Sleepycat gives 2 inch gel memory above + 6 inch HDF. Is it better to have memory foam above or latex above for a better back ?
Latex will be cooler on the body and the choice should be based your local climate and you pattern of using an air conditioner at home. We have a kurl on with 4" of memory foam and some days it gets really hot to lay on, if the air con has not been turned on for sometime prior. This is in Chennai. From a back pain perspective i do not think this can be generic, you have to try it to know the effect on your body.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks