Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 17:37   #676
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

I am sharing my recent mattress purchase experience. I was looking for King Size orthopedic mattress with thickness of 8 inches. I had spine surgery hence it was important for me to get a good orthopedic mattress to support the spine.

After reading the forums, reviewing personally and doing my own research I bought SleepyCat's Hybrid Latex Mattress. Initially, it was good when my back was fine and I felt my back is being supported. However, sport activities and travelling, I had back pain which I thought would be gone if I took reset on my new mattress. To my surprise, the back pain worsened day by day. It was very difficult to get up without pain. We waited for certain days to give benefit of doubt considering my adventure with sport activities but the mattress didn't offer any help/support. I called customer care and asked them to pick up as it had 100 days return policy. The return and refund was seamless and I was surprised considering its a start-up.

This time I decided to go with brand which has been tried and tested. The Sunday and Wakefit has international certification which I think should have at least some value. I bought Sunday Ortho Latex 4 mattress. The buying and delivery experience was good. The mattress has firmness of 6 out of 10. It provides real good back support. My back pain was gone in 3-4 days.

In my experience, to know how good mattress is when it expedite healing process and reduces pain when you have one.

I was skeptical to buy Sunday mattress as there are some negative feedbacks in these forums and hence I bought SleepCat in the first place. However, now I very happy and would definitely recommend.

I would also suggest to go for brands or product which has 100 days free return policy as you need time to know whether mattress is working for you or not.
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 13:22   #677
Senior - BHPian

This may not go down well with many hard-core Sunday fans here, but here is my review of Sunday Mattress after one year of use.
Note -
1. This is purely a personal opinion, no brick bats please. Some folks are extremely happy with their Mattress, as they have pointed out in this thread.
2. I have not used Sunday "full latex" mattress. This review is for Sunday Orthoplus Queen Size 8 inch (5 inch HR foam, 1 inch memory foam and 2 inch latex foam on top), bought directly from Sunday for around Rs 22k.

Positives -
1. Fast Shipping
2. Good packaging. Product is shipped without being folded, in a covered vehicle.

Not so good -
1. Ok for side sleepers and stomach sleepers, but not comfortable for back sleepers. Claimed to be designed by experts (with a rigid middle and softer ends at head and foot), they seem to have failed to understand that people have different heights, shapes and sizes. I find even my two inch "Foams India" natural latex mattress to be more comfortable than this Sunday 8 inch mattress.
2. Good for kids. If you are over 30, this mattress is designed for back pain. I mean you will get backpain after sleeping for a month, even if you are a healthy adult.
3. - Dubious return policy. Though they claim "100 nights trial", I get a call from the Sunday marketing team on the 45th day saying that if I have already removed the seal on the mattress cover zipper (for e.g, for washing), the warranty stands void. Also says that the mattress cover can only be dry cleaned if you need to claim warranty. I ask for a confirmation mail (and also why am I informed this late), but I get a mail that just beats around the bush without mentioning any of the above points. (The excuse is that a new marketing team has taken over, hence they are informing all the customers 'again').
4. Expensive for what I get (personal opinion).

Edit: Even the previous review praises Sunday, hence I think it purely depends on your body-type/sleeping position/sleeping pattern.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 28th December 2022 at 13:28.
jinojohnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 00:56   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I quoted the above to set the context, I agree with the above and had a good experience (10yr+) with Kurlon basic coir mattress with minimal foam topping. It is time for me to get a new one and I am looking at following Centuary coir mattresses.

Centuary Dr Sleep - Coir + Ortho foam + Rebonded foam - 5in
Centuary King - Coir+Ortho foam on top - 5in

Looking for feedback/suggestions on the above. Feel free to suggest in other brands as well.
Which one did you buy finally? I’m in the market for a mattress. My experience with Sunday Latex 4 has been a mixed bag. It’s comfortable for short durations but a night’s sleep, if I’m not sleeping on my stomach, invariably leads to upper and mid backache. I have a local made bonded foam + memory foam mattress which does t have this problem but neither does it provide the initial lushness of the Sunday mattress.
GreyNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 23:51   #679
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried The Sleep Company's Smartgrid mattresses?
Old 16th February 2023, 01:23   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
My experience with Sunday Latex 4 has been a mixed bag. It’s comfortable for short durations but a night’s sleep, if I’m not sleeping on my stomach, invariably leads to upper and mid backache.
Precisely my point. I am mostly a stomach sleeper with occasional side-sleeping, so no issues for me. Other family members who are mainly back/side sleepers get back-ache with just a night's sleep. But the plush/soft outer material fools you into believing that the mattress is great.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 18:22   #681
BHPian

Guys need a cheap mattress to be placed on the floor for kids to play on. I am planning to buy two king size mattresses and stack them one over the other. Should be firm so that kids can comfortably sit and play on it. Any recommendations?
Old 25th May 2023, 14:54   #682
BHPian

I'm in market for a good medium hard latex mattress. Wakefit's latex plus seems good on paper but latex thickness is only 1 inch. Is 1inch latex enough to provide good enough support to back?
Old 26th May 2023, 06:53   #683
BHPian

My two-year review of Foams India latex mattresses.

1. Pearl FX King Size 6 inches:

Is Great in winter and in summer. Has the right support. I have not figured out if I am a back, stomach, or slide sleeper because I do roll around a bit. it never disturbs my wife.
I tend to use the bed even for binging OTTs on my laptop rather than the TV, love the comfort.

2. Otho FX Double bed 5 inches:
The comfort level is the same as above but slightly firmer, I enjoy sleeping on both. Bought this six months after the first purchase, goes on to say that I am a happy customer.

Both Beds were shipped quite fast. The first one arrived in 3 days. The second one in a week. While purchasing asked them if they have a trial period as other manufacturers do, they declined, took a risk, and turned out fine.

PS: I am in no way associated with Foams India. Only repaying on this thread where I got information in the first place. Thank you for guiding me to a good mattress.

Happy motoring.
adrift@life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 01:12   #684
BHPian

Decided to try out the sleep company ortho hybrid mattress. Had a change of heart and tried to cancel the order ~70 mins after placing it ( wanted to switch to a different brand ). The customer care REFUSED to cancel the order ( it's not packed / shipped / whatever. Just an hour has passed since I placed the order ).

The company seems to be scammy simply based on this refusal to cancel ! I was told to "try it out and if i don't like it I get a full refund within 100 days" - How does a customer trust a company to take back a mattress after 3 months and issue a full refund when the company's not even willing to cancel an order placed just an hour ago ?

My experience with sleepy cat was different a few years back. Placed an order for the original, called to cancel a day later ( not yet shipped ). No questions asked. Bought the sleepycat plus ( I hadn't told the agent this ) and using it since 4 odd years now.

PS: Not endorsing any brand here, just comparing the approach taken by the management. I will be a repeat sleepy cat customer and keep recommending it to friends while I will keep telling anyone who ever asks me to avoid this scammy sleep company. No matter how good / bad your product is, if you treat your customers like this you will lose any potential future business as well as attract word of mouth negative publicity
Old 15th June 2023, 15:06   #685
Senior - BHPian

Time to replace our mattress and need some suggestions please.

Currently using Peps Spring mattress (link) which is over 9 years old. Size - 78x72, 6 inch which came with a 6 year warranty.

Off late, we've been having lower back issues and the mattress also has sunk in certain areas.

I happened to visit The Sleep Company showroom and liked the Smart Ortho Pro Mattress (https://thesleepcompany.in/products/...43654704627941) which comes in at INR 33,490/- for the 8-inch King Size 78x72.

I usually sleep on my side and back.

Kindly advise if this mattress from Sleep Co. is a good buy. How is the customer service considering they offer 100 free nights trial and 10 years warranty on the product.

My budget is limited to around 35k. Prime consideration would be quality of mattress (and sleep) and customer service for any warranty claims (hopefully not). Any other brands/variants I should consider?

On another note, is it possible to get the current Peps mattress repaired? I heard some companies replace the worn out pocket springs.
Old 19th June 2023, 23:46   #686
BHPian

Hi All,

Need your inputs on which mattress to buy.
We are a family of 3, with weights as follows - 75kgs, 67kgs, 13kgs. Will a 6inches mattress suffice? For 7-8 hrs of sleep?

Looking for a mattress, not sure how thick it should be - the last one we had was 4 inches and just too thin when we sit on the edges. Posting a photo of my cot too, just to know if a mattress can be used directly on this or should we add a layer of plywood etc

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_20230603_014517.jpg

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_20230603_014441.jpg
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:59   #687

I have same model cot from 2007 I'm using plywood so that the mattress does not loses the shape.
Old 3rd August 2023, 09:28   #688
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Here is a snapshot of our Mattress history and wood need suggestions on what would be great -

We started with a coir mattress which was good for 8~9 years, but when it sagged we started with back pain so bought foam + coir mattress and that sagged in 3 years again forcing us to look for better solutions and with that comes the dilemma

1.) We are family of 3 with our 4 year old daughter sharing the bed with us. And we all are side sleepers with me and daughter on the left but wife on the right.

2.) 1st we ordered wakefit memory foam orthopaedic mattress – 8 inch (more than the recommendation) – it was uncomfortable from the beginning and the summer heat made it unbearable. I live in 18th floor house and have never needed ac but this mattress made it hot needing an AC.

3.) So instead of AC we swapped the mattress to the 7 zone latex from wakefit which was also 8 inches, which was definitely cooler and I loved it but to my wife even this was uncomfortable and thus she had the mattress returned.

4.) Now comes the sleep company with smart grid- which was very firm (and cool at the same time) and we thought to be great for our back but it turned other wise so much that even the our daughter complained of back pain.

5.) Sleep company offered a different mattress solution and also a natural cotton topper for adjusting our bodies to the new tech.

6.) I was being susceptible and thus denied their offer and instead returned the mattress.

7.) Now we are back on 6 inch wakefit memory foam mattress which is terrible but better than the sleep company one. My daughter no longer complaints of back pain. But we have overheat issues and back pain.

So the questions I have are –

1.) What kind of mattress is good for side sleepers.
2.) Is the natural cotton still the best solution, considering even sleep company was ordering.
3.) What other brands can I try.
4.) DO complete latex mattress durable.
5.) Is there a memory foam that is cooler.
Old 3rd August 2023, 10:33   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
2.) Is the natural cotton still the best solution, considering even sleep company was ordering.

Hi. I don't have answer to your other queries but I have always found natural cotton mattresses made locally to be very good compared to any other mattress that we see even in the swanky hotel rooms. We have been using them since I remember anything and got 2 more re-made during the 2020 lockdown since the ones we were using sagged a bit. Got one made new as well. All are serving us very well and I don't have any complaints. But then that may be us only. If you have tried all solutions, you must try a plain jane cotton mattress and see if it suits you guys.

Regards,
Saket
Old 3rd August 2023, 10:44   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hi. I don't have answer to your other queries but I have always found natural cotton mattresses made locally to be very good compared to any other mattress that we see even in the swanky hotel rooms. We have been using them since I remember anything and got 2 more re-made during the 2020 lockdown since the ones we were using sagged a bit. Got one made new as well. All are serving us very well and I don't have any complaints. But then that may be us only. If you have tried all solutions, you must try a plain jane cotton mattress and see if it suits you guys.

Regards,
Saket
Saket, thanks, I see that could be a solution as well. I will wait for some more time for others to chime in, let's see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks