Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 23:39   #121
kcz
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Was googling about Magniflex mattresses which seem to be marketed as ultra luxury mattresses. Came across some old deals that seem to offer 50% off on their range of mattresses. Although they are old and expired deals, it gives a good idea about their margins and how much you can try and bargain if you are interested in that brand. Good Luck!
Old 14th August 2013, 10:03   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Buy Ortho and you will enjoy super comfy sleep with excellent back support.

Goose Down pillows are available at Lifestyle Home Centre and should also be available at Shoppers Stop Home Stop, Westside, Maspar, Evok Home, PURE Home and Living etc.
Thanks for the advice.
Ortho ordered, will take 7-10 days for the non-regular size.

Got a pair of goose down pillow from Central (Future Group). Mix 90% feather 10% goose down, Cost 1.1K each.
Afterwards I noticed that there was another variety with 70/30 mix costing 1.5K.

Shankar is the cost OK.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:19   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Was googling about Magniflex mattresses which seem to be marketed as ultra luxury mattresses. Came across some old deals that seem to offer 50% off on their range of mattresses. Although they are old and expired deals, it gives a good idea about their margins and how much you can try and bargain if you are interested in that brand. Good Luck!
Would be wary of any brands that offers these steep discounts. It just shows desperation and to some extent their attitude about taking customers for granted. This is not about any particular brand or a product, but in general - what good is a brand that prices products at Rs. 50000 and sells it to customers at Rs. 25000 across India. Is nt it better to rely on a brand that just prices and sells at the same price?

Just a word of advice for any one still looking at normal brands guised as premium brands"

With most of these "premium brands" sell at MRP in the malls but they are (barring a few that that exclusive and would have never heard of) available for discount of 30% in the by lanes of any city.

You will find also find a lot of recent owners of these so called premium brands, wanting to get rid of these mattresses after just 6 months or so for whatever reason.

So my two cents -

1. Go with a plain old cotton mattress, if you want to save money and have the time and energy to take care of the mattress every year or so
2. Go with a coir mattress or coir plus foam if you are budget customer (Below 20K for a king size mattress). The choice here is a good coir mattress or a sub par spring mattress and my vote goes to coir mattress
3. Go with a truly premium mattress but something that is value for money. Do not ever confuse value for money with discounts. The simple rule is that all the dealers make similar amount of margin (in % terms) whether they sell you a mattress with a 30% discount or a 10% discount or 0% discount. Some discount is good but don't get stuck on the discount part you will never know if the discount is real or just a virtual one.
Old 14th August 2013, 11:09   #124
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Price seems ok to me because 6 years ago or so I paid around 900 or 1000 or something per pillow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Thanks for the advice.
Ortho ordered, will take 7-10 days for the non-regular size.

Got a pair of goose down pillow from Central (Future Group). Mix 90% feather 10% goose down, Cost 1.1K each.
Afterwards I noticed that there was another variety with 70/30 mix costing 1.5K.

Shankar is the cost OK.
Old 20th August 2013, 19:02   #125
BHPian

Now I am in search of a good mattress for recurring backpain and stumbled upon this thread on T-BHP. Going through the thread I am tempted to go with snoozer Classic. Or would Kurlon Ortho would the right choice?
Old 25th August 2013, 12:03   #126
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am using sleepwell's LatexPlus from last ~7 years, no issues till now.
Worth every penny. Though on mid-higher end worth, after long use still maintains the shape and size pretty well. The top level fabric is also very good with premium feeling.
Old 27th September 2013, 17:12   #127
BHPian

Most of mattresses have been increasing prices. All major brands Springwell, Kurlon have increased the prices by 20-35%

Snoozer has revised prices upwards (20% price increase on all models) starting from 1st Oct. Now is the best time to buy the mattress, if you have been considering a Snoozer
Old 27th September 2013, 22:57   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
Most of mattresses have been increasing prices. All major brands Springwell, Kurlon have increased the prices by 20-35%

Snoozer has revised prices upwards (20% price increase on all models) starting from 1st Oct. Now is the best time to buy the mattress, if you have been considering a Snoozer
I ordered and got delivered my Snoozer mattress at my doorstep a week ago. So, saved on some price hike.
I settled for the basic model of Snoozer, Flexihard. Found the mattress extremely comfortable. Ordered the mattress at Fabmart.com, which I found was extremely efficient.

Last edited by subratasenn : 27th September 2013 at 22:58.
Old 28th September 2013, 00:16   #129
BHPian

It is the dollar which has impacted the price, have u guys heard of vita bed?
Old 30th September 2013, 20:28   #130
BHPian

Guys: My wife is suffering from constant back pain. Need suggestion on which one is best. I see that general recomendation is for Kurl on ortho and snoozer. PLease suggest
Old 30th September 2013, 22:20   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
I ordered and got delivered my Snoozer mattress at my doorstep a week ago. So, saved on some price hike.
I settled for the basic model of Snoozer, Flexihard. Found the mattress extremely comfortable. Ordered the mattress at Fabmart.com, which I found was extremely efficient.
You have been using Snoozer for about three weeks now. What is your feedback vis a vis your back pain? Do you recommend it?
Old 1st October 2013, 08:23   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Guys: My wife is suffering from constant back pain. Need suggestion on which one is best. I see that general recomendation is for Kurl on ortho and snoozer. PLease suggest
Checked out Foams India Ortho pin core latex. Seems to be very good, provided us the right amount of firmness. Any feedback on them?
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:11   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
You have been using Snoozer for about three weeks now. What is your feedback vis a vis your back pain? Do you recommend it?
Yes, I would recommend this mattress. Though my back pain is chronic, there had been substantial relief in pain. I can say that I wake up way fresher than I used to before. My sleep quality has improved a lot.
Old 10th October 2013, 23:40   #134
BHPian

Got one Restlex Restbond Fam mattress.

Surprisingly, it is heating at the body touch areas. (Must be good for North Indian winters).

Anyone else having this mattress heating bonus?
Old 15th October 2013, 17:11   #135
BHPian

Hi all,

Been searching for some mattresses , specifically the spine guard ones.

Got the quotes for the following mattresses :

Kurl-On Ortho ( coir mattress, felt a bit hard) - approx 16,000 + 2 free pillows (3 year warranty)

Peps Spineguard ( coir mattress + memory foam, softer) - approx 22,000 +2 free pillows ( 10 year warranty)

Kurl-On Spineguard was very expensive, at least 10k more than the Peps one.

I am thinking of opting for the Peps spineguard, because its softer and due to the 10 year warranty.

Any users of Peps spineguard please share their feedback...

And any reason why i should go for the KurlOn Ortho instead of the Peps one??

Most Viewed