Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 11:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

After researching enough, I ended-up buying mattress with Latex and Spring combination and its now 6 months old. I bought Duroflex Latex-O-plus and I found it really comfortable. Similar mattress in Kurl-on seems like very costly and hence dropped.

After using coir mattress for amost 7 years, It has become very hard and every morning after wake-up I feel like tired and back was also paining a bit. With the usage of this mattress for 6 months this pain disappeared.

Please note that my usage of this mattress is only 6 months and hence can not comment on the longevity.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:06   #32

After reading most of the posts,thought i should let you guys in on this.
I have an interior design firm-(Kriya Living),and when i had to do a mock up room for our studio,did a considerable amount of research to select the right mattress.After a lot of bed trials,found that only the Snoozer Brand of mattress comes close to that plush 5 star bed feel.
And thats cos they are the main suppliers to hi end hotel chains like Marriot,Oberois,Udaivilas,Rajvilas,Ananda,PArk hotels etc.
Ever since its come in our clients have been raving about the mattress and asking us to source it for them!

From what i know technically, its a pocketed spring mattress with a latex layer and a very thick quilted top.
I have a springwell at home and its no comparison to the Snoozer! currently saving up for my own if any of you guys wanna try it let me know,come over an take a snooz!
Old 28th June 2011, 18:37   #33
BHPian

Hello All,
I happen to see this thread today and was pleasantly surprised. I am looking for a good king size double bed mattress and have an occasional lower back spasm problem due to over exertion or incorrect posture.
I visited the Sleepwell and Kurlon showrooms and I liked the Sleepwell's PU Foam/Coir Mattress of 5" thickness (ZENITH) with (Foam - Coir - Foam - Coir arrangement)as it was firm and also soft on one side giving a feel of FOAM.
What should make a good mattress ( there is nothing called ideal )?
I generally have a tendency to sleep on my stomach and hence Foam mattress I felt were sagging. How has been the experience with FOAM/COIR mattresses ? Any other suggestions ?
Old 1st July 2011, 21:28   #34

Slightly OT but related query. I have a new King size bed with slats. I was told that this bed provides more comfort for spring mattress. However the restoplus salesman recommends a flat surface for comfort from a spring mattress, and i am confused whether i should buy a spring mattress or not.
Anybody has a bed with slats and spring mattress?
Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 18:11   #35
BHPian

Many thanks to khan_sultan for starting this thread & phamilyman and vnom for their suggestions.

I was confused between the many kurlons and the sleepwells and the springwells and what not available in the market.

After reading this thread i decided to check out snoozer, King Koil and Raha. But when I expereinced snoozer, i didn't bother with anything else -- i just knew it was the one that I wanted. It's THAT good.

Last edited by naru : 30th July 2011 at 18:13.
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:51   #36
BHPian

Any pointers on the price of snoozer/ King koil?
Old 23rd October 2011, 12:52   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868
Any pointers on the price of snoozer/ King koil?
Price of snoozer is on their website. Check there.
Old 18th January 2012, 20:43   #38
BHPian

Experience the science of a goodnight's sleep - Snoozer bedding
That seems to be the website
Old 19th January 2012, 11:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought Raha Spring with Latex on the top.. Best experience after King Koil (which is ridicolously expensive here in India). Unless your bed is regular sized, the availablity could be 3 months (shipped from DXB).
Old 12th May 2012, 11:02   #40
BHPian

In my experience at 5 star hotels, Taj group uses "Sealy" imported mattress. Checked with the Indian representative of Sealy, but she said that only 5 star hotels can import them at the moment. Others have to pay huge duty it seems.

Other brands that I found in hotels and felt good are,

1. Raha spring mattress 8 inch with pillow top
2. PEPS bonnel spring mattress 8 inch with pillow top
3. Springwel pocket spring 8 inch

In my child hood, we used to sleep on a home made silk cotton mattress which was heavenly. But we need to take good care of them, else they become hard with in 2-3 years. Silk cotton comes from a tree called Bombax and the pods when they dry and fall from the tree break open to give a silky cotton fibre that can be used to stuff pillows and mattress. If you have any trees near your home, try it. You can find a some information at the below link. In Telugu, it is called "Booruga Doodi", or Booruga cotton. The tree itself is called Booruga chettu.

Raji's Ramblings: THE SILK COTTON TREE

I remember sleeping on this mattress during my childhood summer on our village home terrace looking at the stars in the sky and slowly get into a sleep. Early morning when the Sun becomes hot with his sharp rays, we use to curl up the bed and run down the stairs and continue the sleep for another one hour before the call for breakfast from the kitchen makes you lazyly get up. Good old days. You bet. they were.
Old 12th May 2012, 14:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnom View Post
After reading most of the posts,thought i should let you guys in on this.
I have an interior design firm-(Kriya Living),and when i had to do a mock up room for our studio,did a considerable amount of research to select the right mattress.After a lot of bed trials,found that only the Snoozer Brand of mattress comes close to that plush 5 star bed feel.
And thats cos they are the main suppliers to hi end hotel chains like Marriot,Oberois,Udaivilas,Rajvilas,Ananda,PArk hotels etc.
Ever since its come in our clients have been raving about the mattress and asking us to source it for them!

From what i know technically, its a pocketed spring mattress with a latex layer and a very thick quilted top.
I have a springwell at home and its no comparison to the Snoozer! currently saving up for my own if any of you guys wanna try it let me know,come over an take a snooz!
There are three models of snoozer. The lower one, classic, is 22k for my dimensions, 78"x60", where are the second model is around 52k. I am tempted to go for classic as it fits my budget. What is your opinion? I could not make out much from the product details.
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:16   #42

Hi Guys - I am currently in the market for a new mattress and have had a look at Shobha Restoplus (pocket sprig ones) and Snoozer (classic) both these product are priced around 20-22K. Can somebody suggest which is better among these or any other brands for this price range please?
Old 23rd May 2012, 20:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just today I bought a Sobha Restoplus - Alfa Premium pocketed spring mattress (78x60) for ~14k. Can give you a review only after a couple of months Which model was for 22k?

I was also tempted for Snoozer, but the long wait period put me off, plus I got a good discount for the Sobha Restoplus.
Old 24th May 2012, 17:44   #44

@Viking - Good to know that you went ahead with Restoplus, the quote I got for Alpha Premium is 16.5K for 6" and 20.7K for 8" (both best price), could you PM me the details where you bought the product pls I might go for Restoplus... Also, could you advise on what are the main differentiators between Restolplus (pocketed spring) and Snoozer (Classic) pls. Appreciate your help!

Cheers!
Old 24th May 2012, 22:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by $niper View Post
@Viking - Good to know that you went ahead with Restoplus, the quote I got for Alpha Premium is 16.5K for 6" and 20.7K for 8" (both best price), could you PM me the details where you bought the product pls I might go for Restoplus... Also, could you advise on what are the main differentiators between Restolplus (pocketed spring) and Snoozer (Classic) pls. Appreciate your help!

Cheers!
Who the hell is Viking here?
Can't PM you since you are a newbee. PM me your mail id and i'll give the contact details.

I really don't know the technical differences apart from the fact that they both are pocketed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks