Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 17:27   #61
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkuruvil View Post
Recron sounds like it is a substitude for cotton. Is it eco friendly?
I had my doubts regarding how good a recron mattress would be. I came to know from most of the shops I visited that recron is sold to folks who make cotton mattresses. They make mattresses with a mix of cotton and recron and then sell these as recron mattresses at a higher price. Apart from this, recron material has a lot of warmth and is not suitable for daily use in places like Hyderabad. It needs an additional cover over which a bedsheet has to be put.

Finally today I purchased a Centuary Flextra Foam mattress. I opted for this brand as I am already using one for the last two years with no issues at all. The new mattress is for the other room.

http://www.centuaryindia.com/product...i/flextra.aspx

It is a queen size (78" x 60" x 5") mattress. Comes with warranty of 180 months (15 years). Can be used on both sides. With the festive season approaching, I got 10% discount on MRP. The offer also included two large pillows and a 2.5 m x 2.1 m comforter (blanket) absolutely free.
Old 16th December 2012, 18:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Just today I bought a Sobha Restoplus - Alfa Premium pocketed spring mattress (78x60) for ~14k. Can give you a review only after a couple of months Which model was for 22k?

I was also tempted for Snoozer, but the long wait period put me off, plus I got a good discount for the Sobha Restoplus.
Can you give a feedback of the Restoplus mattress? I am looking to buy one pretty soon.
Old 21st December 2012, 14:48   #63
BHPian

I had a trial on the Snoozer today, it was wonderful and a true five star hotel feel... The bed just absorbed you in and felt really cozy. I am not sure on how much back support it would provide as its very cushy-cushy type, considering my back problem, am not sure if this model would suit me on a long run. But it was too good.

I then dropped into the Raha mattress shop and it had varied models. Again, am skeptical with the spring mattresses and liked a mattress made of rebound high density foam, this was quite firm and had abut of cushion effect as well, I was told I can have a memory foam added to this if required.

I also tried on the Finnesse mattress range and again liked the heavy density foam mattress.

My choice as of now is to go for raha or finesse rebound foam mattress,is this a. Good purchase, can anyone using them please let me know Horus thoughts.

Also, how is the back support from snoozer mattress?
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:30   #64
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post

Also, how is the back support from snoozer mattress?
I have been using snoozer mattress for the last couple of months and I thought I will share my feedback. I can try and post some pictures of the mattress if someone is interested.

I'd used a rubberized coir mattress for around 6 years and because of recurring back pains, I was in the market for a mattress that will be gentle on my back.

I was initially considering some imported mattresses (Magniflex or Tempur) but dropped the idea for two reasons. One, because for imported mattresses I would be paying customs duty as a part of the price and second I wasn't too sure whether they are well tested in Indian conditions (usage etc.) and they are way above my budget.

Checked out some of the Indian brands at a luxury price point, like PEPS Spine guard, Spring Air Spine support plus etc. but wasn't too convinced. In the end I went with snoozer, thanks to some reviews on this thread could not be happier.

I purchased a posture care medium firm mattress, with a topper. I was told by the sales guy (a very knowledgeable guy about mattresses for a change!) that given my requirements and age group, I should go with something that is not too soft. But since I like soft surfaces, I purchased a topper which is essentially a 2 inch layer of soft cushion that will go on top of the mattress. The idea is that I can simply remove the topper when I feel that I need a firmer surface. Haven't had any back pain issues in the last two months

I purchased it online from fabmart got it delivered in if someone is interested, I can PM the details of the sales guy I'd interacted with.

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 22nd December 2012, 16:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Can you give a feedback of the Restoplus mattress? I am looking to buy one pretty soon.
The mattress has been good and don't have anything negative to say. I don't personally use it, another family member does, so no comments on the comfort front . IMO it is VFM for the amount I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
I purchased it online from fabmart got it delivered in if someone is interested, I can PM the details of the sales guy I'd interacted with.
How much time did it take from order to delivery? When I checked at a store, it was 45+ days. And which store was it wherein you could try out Snoozer. I went to one store mentioned in their website and they had only 2 top-end models on display.

Last edited by Jaguar : 22nd December 2012 at 16:44.
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:45   #66
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How much time did it take from order to delivery? When I checked at a store, it was 45+ days. And which store was it wherein you could try out Snoozer. I went to one store mentioned in their website and they had only 2 top-end models on display.
The delivery time from order to home delivery was 9 days (the promised time was 10 calendar days).

I didn't go anywhere to check the mattress. I wasn't sure if I will be able to judge the mattress just by looking at it. In addition, I read somewhere that one would only feel the quality of the mattress after sleeping on it for 2-3 weeks. This is the minimum time for the body and the back to get used to the new mattress. My buying point was only one thing - hotels have full time buying managers for choosing a mattress, snoozer is the only indian brand that supplies to hotels, foreign mattresses have 100% duty and fabmart offered a great deal. so the choice was simple! I went ahead and bought one for myself and one for my parents and got it shipped to my hometown.

Thanks,
Kiran
Old 24th December 2012, 17:08   #67
lsp
BHPian

My experience with buying and using the Corfoam matress (6 inches).

I have been a long term cotton mattress user. Usually a single mattress has 12kg of cotton and that's what I have been using since childhood.

Recently, about a month back, I bought two 3X6 corfoam mattresses for my double bed.

1. They do not fit perfectly with the bed. I mean there is a slight overhang. Minor things, it's not even an issue.
2. It is very difficult to cover them with bedsheets. Have the habit of tucking in the bedsheet under the mattress so the bedsheet doesn't move and the layout is taut and not many wrinkles. I find this extremely difficult esp when doing it on the head board side of the bed.
3. The bedsheet keeps slipping and in the morning the tucked part of the bedsheet on the headboard side is already out and the bedsheet is all wrinkledup near the feet.
4. I have been having this slight backpain ever since I shifted to the corfoam mattresses. When I wake up i find it difficult to sit on the sofa. Initially, I thought this would go once my back gets accustomed to the new mattresses but more than a month now and the situation is not improving.

While points 1, 2 and 3 are liveable, point 4 is something which is playing on my mind. What if this leads to some long term issues related to backpain.

Is there a way to find out if the mattress is right for me?

The mattress is as stiff as it was the first day I bought it. No apparent sagging, depression in the contours of it. I also tend to sleep on my stomach (face down).
Old 25th December 2012, 00:11   #68
BHPian

I got a Silent Night mattress years ago and it was quite nice. Ever since, I haven't found anything that could live up to that comfort. I believe Home Center has an Indian outlet from which they had it despatched, but I'm not sure as it was a really long time ago.

I had to toss it away because when it was transported in a delivery truck, it had wooden splinters all over. I'm guessing the moving company didn't wrap it in plastic and just laid it flat on the back of a truck.
Old 7th January 2013, 10:38   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I had a trial on the Snoozer today, it was wonderful and a true five star hotel feel... The bed just absorbed you in and felt really cozy.
Which showroom did you try the Snoozer at? Based on the retailers listed on Snoozer website, I dropped into Petals in Indiranagar recently but they only have sample 2'x2' slabs and not full beds to try. Another retailer listed is Drapes avenue which I am guessing will be similar, since both are primarily furnishing stores with not much real estate space for putting full mattresses for trial. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th January 2013, 10:45   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz
I purchased a posture care medium firm mattress, with a topper. I was told by the sales guy (a very knowledgeable guy about mattresses for a change!) that given my requirements and age group, I should go with something that is not too soft. But since I like soft surfaces, I purchased a topper which is essentially a 2 inch layer of soft cushion that will go on top of the mattress. The idea is that I can simply remove the topper when I feel that I need a firmer surface.

Cheers,
Kiran
Thanks kHz for the info. I am also considering the snoozer, can you pm me the sales guy details.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:40   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks kHz for the info. I am also considering the snoozer, can you pm me the sales guy details.
Kindly pm the sales guy details to me too, as I am in the market for a new set of mattresses.
Old 24th January 2013, 11:41   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
Which showroom did you try the Snoozer at? Based on the retailers listed on Snoozer website, I dropped into Petals in Indiranagar recently but they only have sample 2'x2' slabs and not full beds to try. Another retailer listed is Drapes avenue which I am guessing will be similar, since both are primarily furnishing stores with not much real estate space for putting full mattresses for trial. Thanks in advance.
Snoozer does not have an exclusive showroom in chennai as well and is partnered with similar dealers only. I saw the mattress at "Sagar" in TTK road and "Not Just Brown". They both had the classic and Posture Care mattress.
Old 31st January 2013, 21:40   #73
BHPian

Quote:
fabmart offered a great deal. so the choice was simple! I went ahead and bought one for myself and one for my parents and got it shipped to my hometown.
Were these guys offering a good deal and how was the buying experience?
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:00   #74

Quote:
I have been using snoozer mattress for the last couple of months and I thought I will share my feedback. I can try and post some pictures of the mattress if someone is interested.

I purchased a posture care medium firm mattress, with a topper. I was told by the sales guy (a very knowledgeable guy about mattresses for a change!) that given my requirements and age group, I should go with something that is not too soft. But since I like soft surfaces, I purchased a topper which is essentially a 2 inch layer of soft cushion that will go on top of the mattress. The idea is that I can simply remove the topper when I feel that I need a firmer surface. Haven't had any back pain issues in the last two months

Cheers,
Kiran
Hi Kiran,
Thanks a pile for your feedback.
A few queries please - if you permit.

1. How many days did it take to get the delivery at your home?
2. Thickness. How many inches of thickness did you choose?
3. Fabmart. I have never purchased anything online – hence this next question. Did you get to interact with the sales person online? How does this work?
4. Yes. I request a few pictures please - if it's not too much of a bother to you.
5. Do you happen to know if they make the mattress as per a customized size? Our bed here is of an odd size of 70 in x 65 in.
Old 7th February 2013, 12:01   #75
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Kindly pm the sales guy details to me too, as I am in the market for a new set of mattresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
Were these guys offering a good deal and how was the buying experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aanandb View Post
Hi Kiran,
Thanks a pile for your feedback.
A few queries please - if you permit.
Here are the answers to the queries. I will PM you the details ikoneer and bdutta.

1. How many days did it take to get the delivery at your home?

It took me about 8 calendar days from the time I placed the order. I was promised 8-10 working days.

2. Thickness. How many inches of thickness did you choose?
I went for a 8 inch thickness. I would have gone for 10 inch but dropped the idea as my current bed is already too high.

3. Fabmart. I have never purchased anything online – hence this next question. Did you get to interact with the sales person online? How does this work?

Experience was better than buying from offline store. The guy is knowledgeable, patient with answering your questions. My interaction was straightforward: called the sales person (his number is there on the product page of any snoozer mattress on fabmart). Their prices were the very competitive, but tried my luck to bargain more (without much luck). Apart from a great price, I just felt more comfortable with the whole experience. One more benefit was that fab mart was able to customize for odd sizes - my bed is king 72x78 but I wanted something which was 71x77 for practical reasons. Once I made up my mind, I placed the order online. Was kept in the loop when the mattress was dispatched and given some basic tutorial on what to expect from the gati guys who would deliver the mattress.

4. Yes. I request a few pictures please - if it's not too much of a bother to you.
I am currently traveling to the US on work. I will be back in a couple of weeks and will post the pictures then.

5. Do you happen to know if they make the mattress as per a customized size? Our bed here is of an odd size of 70 in x 65 in.

I think I already answered that before. In any case, the answer is yes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks