Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2016, 00:40   #301
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I just recommended these to one of my cousins last weekend. I am thoroughly impressed by the mattress, and the feel I get on this mattress is something I have not experiences at any other house I have slept in. It is firm, but with a soft touch.

But if you ask me about the reliability, I would say it is too early. But till now its holding up really well - 4 months along.
Hi Arvind,.
Thanks for all the inputs. After reading about your good experience with the Cloud Comfort, I explored Urban Ladder and came across these "mattress toppers", the latex ones costing 19,999/-. I wonder if they would have the same effect as a latex-top mattress if I pair them with the Cloud. I feel latex on top is important since it's a natural material so would be comfortable in all weathers. Any experience, anyone?
Old 8th March 2016, 22:42   #302
Senior - BHPian

That's a very tall claim. Is their any way to support it and ratify the quality claimed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
The quality of latex they use is the best in the industry
Old 9th March 2016, 20:38   #303
Senior - BHPian

So the latex+ that they use is certified per their claim, in other words their vendor who supplies them the latex+ gets their(vendor's) production examples certified.

Where is the certificate saying that Sunday's production sample taken from their mattress is certified? I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they have one.

Do explore this a bit more with Sunday & you will get a better idea of what's going on.

As for the Oeko tex, this is a standard certification and even a hosiery manufacturer in Tirupur has that as do scores of companies involved in the garment trade. It is so common that it is not even worth mentioning, since it is a given if the company is maintaining certain standards for certain product range(s).

It is another story that Sunday has taken it up as a marketing tool and yet others have not. BTW does the mattress comes with the Oeko Tex labels attached. Do check your mattress and let us know, for that could be another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
Here are the two certifications that they claim to have for the latex:

http://support.sundayrest.com/hc/en-...fication-mean-

And then the Oeko Tex 100 for the fabric cover:

I haven't come across other mattresses with 3rd party certificaitons. Hence, my statement that it is top-notch, if not the best in India.

The background is that mattresses and a lot of consumer products are well regulated EU & USA. There is no such regulation in India. Very few companies have focused on the product so much than on the offers for different occasions.
Old 19th April 2016, 18:40   #304
BHPian

Anyone using the CLOUD NATURAL MATTRESS from Urban Ladder?
Old 26th April 2016, 13:49   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Anyone using the CLOUD NATURAL MATTRESS from Urban Ladder?
Well! Not yet, but planning to do so very soon. Their 100 day no qualms return policy is prompting me to take the punge.
Old 28th May 2016, 20:30   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We went back to Foams India and ordered the same again. We feel we are sleeping in the same bed as before: we are happy!
Based on your feedback all over these pages, I recently bought some full/pure latex pillows from FoamsIndia who now ship all over India. Got to say, quality is really good and prices are reasonable. Highly recommend.
Old 29th May 2016, 00:30   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Based on your feedback
Now I'm nervous!
Quote:
I recently bought some full/pure latex pillows from FoamsIndia who now ship all over India. Got to say, quality is really good and prices are reasonable. Highly recommend.
Phew!

Glad you are happy; glad to have been of help.

They have quite a variety of size and thickness of pillow too. I'm finding that two thinner ones together is good for me. My wife found the thick one that I got to her was too thick, and I had to go back and get a medium one.

I had quite a collection of feather and synthetic fibre pillows which got contaminated by flood water. I do miss them somewhat. For the mattress, even though I have slept on some rather expensive spring mattresses, I now don't want anything but my FoamsIndia latex.

Yes, I'm a fanboy!
Old 20th June 2016, 09:40   #308
BHPian

After a long search, I finally settled for Sunday's Ortho Plus Mattress. Placed the order yesterday and got the delivery in 3 hours. Not soft and Not so firm as well. Outer zipper cover has a soft material which feels good when you lie down. Looks promising. Will have to see how it supports in the long run.
Old 21st June 2016, 20:08   #309
BHPian

Planning to switch to a custom made silk cotton mattress. Can anyone point to any reputed outlets here in East/Central Bangalore?
Old 24th July 2016, 18:28   #310
Senior - BHPian

Bought an Ortho Plus Queen.The hitch was they did not have a place for us to go and take a look at in Hyderabad.They are opening one of their experience centers here shortly I believe,but for the moment there is none.I never interacted with anyone,the entire research and ordering was thanks to the power of internet.Everyone had good things to say about it and so decided to order one.Ordering process was smooth and simple.The mattress was delivered on the fourth day from order.It was shipped via Blue Dart Surface.The blue dart people ensured they delivered right upto the bedroom.No hassles there.Packing was superior and there was no scope for any damage whatsoever.We have been using this for over a month and now,and the effect has been unbelievably good.Highly reccomended .The only downside was the shipping rate,it cost us 2000rs to ship to Hyderabad.We also ordered pillows and they were good too.Overall a happy experience and I would reccomend it to anyone looking for a change to a latex bed.We were transitioning from the traditional silk cotton to latex and it has been an super sleep experience so far.Thanks Sunday!Keep up the good work.
Old 23rd August 2016, 06:13   #311
BHPian

Just a question. Any ideas on how do we generally dispose off any used mattresses? Are there any waste/garbage collection companies which do this as a professional service?

I live in an apartment and there is no place to get rid off any used mattresses.
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:44   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Based on your feedback all over these pages, I recently bought some full/pure latex pillows from FoamsIndia who now ship all over India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They have quite a variety of size and thickness of pillow too. I'm finding that two thinner ones together is good for me. My wife found the thick one that I got to her was too thick, and I had to go back and get a medium one.
For the mattress, even though I have slept on some rather expensive spring mattresses, I now don't want anything but my FoamsIndia latex.
Gentlemen, would you be kind enough to let me know the product code / name of the pillows that you purchased. Though I hope they ship to Delhi-NCR.

On mattress, I recently bought two pairs of spring air ortho-medical plus (5"). They can be used both sides - firm and soft. I have a preference for firm mattress so spring-based mattress were out of scope. Latex ones were expensive and out of budget.

The mattress is firm and very comfortable. Even the soft side is fairly firm and doesn't sag too much. I'm pretty happy with the purchase and so is wifey.

And yes it would be helpful to know about how to dispose off the old mattress. I tried to talk the company reps in to taking the old mattress with them (for free) but they didn't agree.
Old 23rd August 2016, 15:12   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
Gentlemen, would you be kind enough to let me know the product code / name of the pillows that you purchased. Though I hope they ship to Delhi-NCR.
I don't know how useful this is, because I have no way of conveying how they feel! But...

FoamsIndia. Thin, 24BEm; Thicker, 21AS.
Old 24th August 2016, 22:04   #314
BHPian

Hi All, I am considering Sunday Ortho Plus Mattress for my king size cot. In the comparison of ortho and latex mattress, they mentioned as ortho is not for side sleepers. Anyone who use it, can you share your experience. I considered Ortho mattress due to back support and cheap compare to Latex.
Old 24th August 2016, 22:38   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
I bought three of these -> Foamsindiaź Brands Sapphire Natural Latex Pillows (24'' x 14'' x 5'' IN)

These are supposedly solid latex and hence firmer than the pin-core pillows which they also sell. I have been using pin-core pillows from Sobha Restoplus for a couple of years, hence wanted to mix and match. I am used to sleeping with two pillows stacked together anyway.

Foams India pillows are slightly smaller than the ones from Sobha Restoplus, but cost only around 1/3rd the price when I last looked, so good value for money.

Most Viewed