Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2017, 20:22   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Iam still confused what to order. Is soft foam better or latex?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Natural Latex is a far better proposition than man made foam, soft or otherwise.
Latex has wonderful qualities: it is comfortable, breathable and feels cool. There is a world of difference between latex and any other foam I have ever sat or laid on. But "foam" covers many structures, and perhaps different plastics too. For instance, I've never slept on a Tempur mattress.

I've been sleeping on Latex for ten years and have no plans to change
Old 20th February 2017, 22:34   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Latex has wonderful qualities: it is comfortable, breathable and feels cool. There is a world of difference between latex and any other foam I have ever sat or laid on. But "foam" covers many structures, and perhaps different plastics too. For instance, I've never slept on a Tempur mattress.

I've been sleeping on Latex for ten years and have no plans to change
Thank you for sharing your views. That narrows down my choice to Urban ladder Natural ( Spring +latex - 7 inch) and Sunday ( latex only - 6 inch).

Iam leaning towards sunday but the thickness is holding me back. Hopefully will decide soon.
Old 7th March 2017, 12:38   #363
Team-BHP Support

I had purchased a Sunday Latex plus mattress in november for my folks. Unfortunately after 2 months, my mom had to start physiotherapy due to an unrelated condition. The physio said while the mattress is comfortable if may not be the best option for mom as it was soft and difficult for her to turn on the mattress or get up.

I called up Sunday and luckily it was just within the 100 days return period. They asked me to send pics and fill a form. The team from sunday mattress then inspected the mattress and took it away.

I wanted to try their ortho but they said they couldn't swap it as I had tried the ortho initially for a while and said no. Also it was end of 100 days and they allow only 1 swap within 100.

Ended up researching some more and ruled out spring mattresses. Even the ortho range from Peps was hard but there was bounce. Kurl on Spinekare was pretty decent but nearly 40K for a king size.

Decided to visit Urban ladder experience centre and they had 2 mattreses which were perfect. One was the theramedic coccoon with memory foam, rebonded foam and rubberised coir and other was the aer with PU foam and latex. Opted for the memory foam theramedic at 36K.

The delivery was supposed to be on thursday but I got a call on Sunday saying they could deliver it on Monday. Monday afternoon it was delivered.

I must say both Urban ladder and Sunday Rest have fantastic customer service. Both of them offer the 100 nights trial as well with full money back if not happy.

This gives much more confidence over established companies like Peps, Kurlon, sleepwell. In comparison, I called duroflex and they didnt even get back with location of nearest showroom to see the mattress range.
Old 8th March 2017, 23:52   #364
Senior - BHPian

I am on the hunt for a mattress as I'm experiencing slight back pain every morning. I'm currently using a 4" cotton mattress that has now sunk in the centre. As I sleep on the side, my back now rests on a slope.

What type of bed should I be looking for? I had heard long ago that pocket spring is the most comfortable kind. Size: Queen. Age: 39

I would be buying it from a showroom, not online.
Brands available Restolex, Kurl-on, Nilkamal.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th March 2017 at 15:54. Reason: As requested...
Old 16th March 2017, 17:01   #365
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I had purchased a Sunday Latex plus mattress in november for my folks. Unfortunately after 2 months, my mom had to start physiotherapy due to an unrelated condition. The physio said while the mattress is comfortable if may not be the best option for mom as it was soft and difficult for her to turn on the mattress or get up.
I have purchased Wake-Fit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress (75*60*10inch) in July'16 and and later ordered one more in March'17.

Comfortable for the Old and Young.
Old 29th March 2017, 12:11   #366
BHPian

Desperately need expert advice. Need to close before March 31.

I plan to buy 3 mattresses - 78x60, 80x60 and 78x36. The bigger ones for me/wife and parents, smaller for guest usage/son. My budget is ~40-50k max.

Option 1: 2 Peps Restonic Saniblel (Bonnel spring) with pillow top 6 inches (Queen), 1 Peps spring koil 6 inches (Single); Cost ~ 52K with 4 memory foam, 2 normal foam pillows free

Option 2: Kurlon Pocket Spring Angelica 6" (me and wife), Kurlon Foam Convenio 4" (parents) and a Kurlon budget coir for guest room. Cost ~ 50.5 k

Option 3: Famous local store (Mamaji, Bandra) - Hotel excess order: Solitairenights (I think) - 6 inch bonnel springs, custom-made ortho foam+PU foam mattress, custom-made coir mattress . Cost: 43 k

Kurlon pocket was plushest, followed by the hospitality mattress, very closely followed by Restonic, which surprisingly felt close to pocket spring despite being bonnel.

Is Peps Restonic Sanibel good? Is the support from company is ok - several online complaints but then most people write a review when they have a complaint.. Shall I stick to tried-and-tested Kurlon? Or shall I go with the hospitality mattress choice - are they usually much superior to home options? Confused :(
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:54   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I have purchased Wake-Fit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress (75*60*10inch) in July'16 and and later ordered one more in March'17.

Comfortable for the Old and Young.
1. Does it heat up a lot, I read that memory foam heats and also loses shape in 2-3 years.

2. Their warranty says only if shape loses or sagging or indentation is above 20% they will consider it. Which means if I buy a 8 inch mattress then only if it sags by 1.6 inch they honour it, which means 2 inch memory foam has to lose 80% of its shape which I feel is very cunning way to avoid warranty claims

3. The warranty also says its pro-rata (neatly hidden under FAQs under how long mattress will last question and not on the product page). This again shows the company ain't transparent.

Just trying to get your perspective thats all before deciding between Sunday and WakeFit (once again thanks to you else wouldnt have found WakeFIt)
Old 25th May 2017, 13:01   #368
BHPian

I'm looking for a Queen size mattress in 78x60 measurement, confused between Sunday Ortho plus 2G and Foams India Pearl.

Preferred Sunday over foams India due to the 100 day return policy. But after going through many reviews and digging deep into their terms and conditions, I'm skeptical about them and all those 100% positive reviews look shady or too good to be true type.

Any one bought Sunday rest Ortho plus mattress? Any idea about the mold issue on those mattress?
Old 31st May 2017, 23:38   #369
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriharsha_m87 View Post
I'm looking for a Queen size mattress in 78x60 measurement, confused between Sunday Ortho plus 2G and Foams India Pearl.

Preferred Sunday over foams India due to the 100 day return policy. But after going through many reviews and digging deep into their terms and conditions, I'm skeptical about them and all those 100% positive reviews look shady or too good to be true type.

Any one bought Sunday rest Ortho plus mattress? Any idea about the mold issue on those mattress?
I have been using both their models (Ortho 2G and Ortho Plus 2G) for more than a year. I would recommend both of them whole heartedly. I did not face any issue with the product quality and their customer service is top notch.

In terms of reviews, I would always take both the positive reviews and negative reviews with a pinch of salt.

I looked up the reviews that you are referring to - to me it looks like the same customer (or a competitor) has posted the same review on pretty much all possible websites. The same review is there on Sunday mattress website also and you can read their reply there. The customer claims that the foam is at fault and the company claims that the mattress was exposed to moisture/water. I feel that Sunday’s version seems more logical - (a) primary reason seems to be if the foam is at fault, mold should have been there on the top of the mattress also, but in this case it is just at the bottom (b) the mattress was perhaps put on a damp surface or that the cot on which it was put was made of cheaper quality wood (its a very common issue where if the wood is not cured well and the moisture not removed, then it tends to lead to issues like wavy surfaces or ends up creating mold issue (c) if this were to be a real product issue, then there should have been several hundreds of customers complaining.

With the cheap quality cots in the market, if the wood that is used is not properly cured it leads to more issues than benefits. Untreated wood has a lot of moisture content and that become the breeding ground for mold and fungus. I feel the customer’s pain too, but the root cause seems to be elsewhere.

I was one of their first customers and I interacted with them personally. I can say that they are genuine, friendly and no-nonsense guys. They have also upgraded all their models and I suspect any known issues would have been addressed!
Old 1st June 2017, 00:24   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
I have been using both their models (Ortho 2G and Ortho Plus 2G) for more than a year. I would recommend both of them whole heartedly. I did not face any issue with the product quality and their customer service is top notch.

In terms of reviews, I would always take both the positive reviews and negative reviews with a pinch of salt.
===========
I was one of their first customers and I interacted with them personally. I can say that they are genuine, friendly and no-nonsense guys. They have also upgraded all their models and I suspect any known issues would have been addressed!
Thank you so much for the detailed reply.
I'll most probably go with Ortho plus 2G.

Regarding the pillows, which one is more suited for Ortho plus 2G?
Sunday delight is not a latex pillow?

I noticed that Foams india mattress is costlier than Sunday rest, but the latex pillows from Foams india are cheaper than Sunday rest. Confused between them.

Also, I saw natural latex pillows in Godrej interio catalogue. Has anyone tried them?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd June 2017 at 10:38. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 1st June 2017, 14:50   #371
BHPian

Have taken a plunge into WakeFit after talking to them and also reading good review in Amazon site, will keep you all posted.

Currently, we use a Foams India 5 inch latex mattress which we are not happy with and foams india wont exchange. So will be comparing to that.
Old 1st June 2017, 15:32   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Have taken a plunge into WakeFit after talking to them and also reading good review in Amazon site, will keep you all posted.

Currently, we use a Foams India 5 inch latex mattress which we are not happy with and foams india wont exchange. So will be comparing to that.
If you don't mind to say, what was the issue with Foams India latex mattress?
I was seriously considering this, your feedback will help in my decision making.
Old 1st June 2017, 15:36   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post

I am using the wakefit dual side mattress (hard on one side and semi soft on another).
After a year of usage, I can say it does it's job for the money paid. While sleeping sideways, I sometimes get a slight back pain. Otherwise, its a VFM mattress. No sagging after one year of usage. I also bought their waterproof mattress cover. It cost Rs. 14k change for a 78X72 6 inch mattress.

I was not interested in spring right from the beginning and wanted to go for foam. The semi soft foam is comfortable for me and my wife.
Wake fit has good customer service. On one occasion, the courier guy who was to deliver it called up from the ground floor (my apartment is on the 3rd floor) and told me they will deliver till the ground floor and will not deliver to the door. I called up their customer service exec and she spoke with him and instructed him to deliver it to my apartment. So they are pretty responsive as well.
I think you should have a good experience.
Old 1st June 2017, 19:44   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriharsha_m87 View Post
If you don't mind to say, what was the issue with Foams India latex mattress?
I was seriously considering this, your feedback will help in my decision making.
Just 2 years ( and 60% usage) and the foam has become very very soft causing back pain. This was pin core and we ordered the hardest density and paid extra for it. When they visited us they said thats how latex is and not a defect. I have used latex all my life and I know it doesnt go from hard to soft in 2 yrs. May be I got a lemon or that batch was bad quality but given the way they treated us decided not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I am using the wakefit dual side mattress (hard on one side and semi soft on another).
After a year of usage, I can say it does it's job for the money paid. While sleeping sideways, I sometimes get a slight back pain. Otherwise, its a VFM mattress. No sagging after one year of usage. I also bought their waterproof mattress cover. It cost Rs. 14k change for a 78X72 6 inch mattress.

I was not interested in spring right from the beginning and wanted to go for foam. The semi soft foam is comfortable for me and my wife.
Wake fit has good customer service. On one occasion, the courier guy who was to deliver it called up from the ground floor (my apartment is on the 3rd floor) and told me they will deliver till the ground floor and will not deliver to the door. I called up their customer service exec and she spoke with him and instructed him to deliver it to my apartment. So they are pretty responsive as well.
I think you should have a good experience.
I bought the orthopedic range, as I am a side sleeper they suggested I opt for this than the dual side. I want to know how the memory foam is, as I hear good and bad things, with bad things being it emits gas and get hot.

Last edited by madbullram : 1st June 2017 at 19:45.
Old 1st June 2017, 19:48   #375
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends uses a one-inch latex foam mattress on top of a rubberized coir mattress. The advantage is the huge price savings with good comfort.

Most Viewed