Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2018, 23:02   #436
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

I changed the old coir mattress in my other bedroom to the Urban Ladder Aer Latex mattress. This was a PU foam + latex mattress. Used it for 3 months and had to return it back within the 100 day return window.

The mattress was comfortable but it looks like it was half inch too big. That made it sit over the beading and everytime someone would sit on the bed before going to bed it would slide out. The mattress was also very light weight compounding matters more and it kept sliding out of the bed easily.

Finally decided to try physical stores vs online. Went to Peps, Sleepwell and Kurl-ON. Experience with Kurl-On was the best. They have a direct company showroom in Koramangla where you can try the mattresses without the irritating plastic covers that other dealers have.

I went thrice and finally picked the new SpineKare PRO. This is a coir mattress with memory foam on top. It is a firm mattress and not the soft type. This was for my dad who is 75+ and this was recommended. Moreover Kurl-ON guy came home took measurements and confirmed that my bed frame was 0.5" lesser than the standard Queen size of 78x72. They took 3 days to make a custom mattress of 77.5x72.

Dad has been using it for a month and it is perfect. Comfortable and fits perfectly. From all these new entrants as well as established one Kurlon still holds it own, I guess.
Old 4th May 2018, 09:23   #437
Senior - BHPian

I will be shifting to a new house soon and need to buy a couple of mattresses.
Currently, we have a normal 4" foam mattress and a traditional cotton mattress (gadda) which are more than 10 years old. None of us have any problems with sleeping on these basic old mattresses and we don't have any issues with back pain either.

So, I was planning to go ahead with a basic foam mattress. I would prefer Urban ladder as I am very happy with their service and quality.

After doing some research, it seems to me that pocket spring mattress or latex mattress would be a better choice. I also understood that bonell spring and memory foam mattresses are not really advisable. But I am not sure if I should try something new - why try something new when foam is working perfectly fine? Also, the cost is higher.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 6th May 2018, 20:03   #438
BHPian

Any referrals or coupon codes for buying Sunday Mattress?
Old 6th May 2018, 20:38   #439
BHPian

Bought a Sunday Latex 3 mattress and two pillows just going with the reviews here.

Brilliant mattress. So comfortable to sleep in. I was hesitant to spend 50k on a mattress i haven't even felt or seen, but i guess it was money well spent.
Old 6th May 2018, 21:14   #440

We purchased a pure natural latex mattress from Boston mattress.in for Queen size bed with 5" thickness and after one year of use there is no sign of any depression. The finish is excellent and we got a mattress protector with it home delivered.
It cost us 32000/-
I do not represent the company and I won't get any incentive by proposing the mattress. This suggestion was inspired by our positive experience with the mattress.
Old 8th May 2018, 09:47   #441
Senior - BHPian

Hi @V__Gupta, Can you tell me how you endedup choosing boston mattress? How is the experience so far? Did you purchase online?

I never thought that choosing a mattress will be so hard. Every time, I just bought a simple foam mattress and never had much issues with anyone.

Now that I have done some research, it seems natural latex is the way to go. I am looking at Sunday, FoamsIndia, Boston and Urban ladder.

Urbanladder 6" latex mattress is coming to be the cheapest and I have been very happy with their customer service so far regarding various furniture I have bought. SO, I have good trust in them. Planning to go ahead with the same.

Any feedback or experience with these mattresses?
Old 8th May 2018, 09:52   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Now that I have done some research, it seems natural latex is the way to go. I am looking at Sunday, FoamsIndia, Boston and Urban ladder.

Urbanladder 6" latex mattress is coming to be the cheapest
Could you let me know what are the approximate prices for the brands that you have mentioned above? I have been using the Peps 8 inch Restonic mattress for the past 4.5 years, and pretty happy with it currently. Any reason why you are not considering Peps?
Old 8th May 2018, 10:27   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Currently, we have a normal 4" foam mattress and a traditional cotton mattress (gadda) which are more than 10 years old. None of us have any problems with sleeping on these basic old mattresses and we don't have any issues with back pain either.
What do you guys suggest?
Why do you want to change the formula that works for you. From my experience, if the cotton gadda works for you, that is the best. This was confirmed yesterday by my physiotherapist as well.
Old 8th May 2018, 22:30   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Why do you want to change the formula that works for you. From my experience, if the cotton gadda works for you, that is the best. This was confirmed yesterday by my physiotherapist as well.
This applies to many things in life be it your car, house or mobile phone.

Coming to prices for king size,
Urbanladder = 35000 (6")
Boston = 38000 (5"), 57000 (7")
Sunday = 50000 (8")
FoamsIndia = 47000 (5"), 76000 (8")
Old 10th May 2018, 10:48   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This applies to many things in life be it your car, house or mobile phone.

Coming to prices for king size,
Urbanladder = 35000 (6")
Boston = 38000 (5"), 57000 (7")
Sunday = 50000 (8")
FoamsIndia = 47000 (5"), 76000 (8")
Reiterating my earlier question- any reason why you did not consider Peps? I have found their products to be pretty good. The 8 incher was around 27K when I bought it. You might want to test one out at a local store.
Old 10th May 2018, 22:37   #446
Senior - BHPian

^^
No reason not to consider Pops. Will definitely have a look.
More options, more research, more difficulty in choosing
Old 18th May 2018, 21:43   #447
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I went thrice and finally picked the new SpineKare PRO. This is a coir mattress with memory foam on top. It is a firm mattress and not the soft type. This was for my dad who is 75+ and this was recommended. Moreover Kurl-ON guy came home took measurements and confirmed that my bed frame was 0.5" lesser than the standard Queen size of 78x72. They took 3 days to make a custom mattress of 77.5x72.
Thanks @Vid.

We have a queen size kurlon mattress (Spinekare Foam) that we've been using since 2008 and quite happy. If I remember it cost about Rs.17k back then and we bought it from the Koramangala store.

Now looking for a king size mattress and the Spinekare Foam is listed at Rs.46k

The kurlon website lists Spinekare Foam, Spinekare RC and Spinekare Spring, but I don't see a Spinekare PRO.

Also, how much did you pay for it ?

Last edited by NPV : 18th May 2018 at 22:04.
Old 18th May 2018, 22:11   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks @Vid.

We have a queen size kurlon mattress (Spinekare Foam) that we've been using since 2008 and quite happy. If I remember it cost about Rs.17k back then and we bought it from the Koramangala store.

Now looking for a king size mattress and the Spinekare Foam is listed at Rs.46k

The kurlon website lists Spinekare Foam, Spinekare RC and Spinekare Spring, but I don't see a Spinekare PRO.

Also, how much did you pay for it ?
The spinekare pro is sold only at their exclusive company outlets not at the dealers or online.

It's not on the website but there's a brochure that mentioned it:

http://kurlon.com/skin/frontend/Webe...ct-Talkers.pdf

I got a queen for 38k (78x60). They had some silly microwave off which I didn't take. Instead I got 2 memory foam pillows and a comforter.
Old 24th May 2018, 02:09   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Final Q: What are the mattresses they use in 5* hotels and how to get hold of them?? They seem sooooooo relaxing to sleep.
Wow. This topic caught my attention because probably I did not expect this thread.

Please don't get the mattress they use in a 5* hotel, it may be good for relaxing and maybe private time with missus, but that mattress at home is what pushed me to write this post. I'll state some facts to prove why the memory mattress (the deep one) with a tendency to suck you in, is bad for your posture and sleep.

First, let me present a photo of what I'm talking about.
Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_20180523_225256.jpg

This is the mattress that matches your description. It is deep. It is memory foam/NASA/alien-tech. It is expensive. It weighs a ton, two people struggle to move it, if required! Initially, it is quite relaxing to sleep in this because it responds to weight and your temperature. But once you get too cosy, you begin to sleep in bad positions (say after a few days) because they're just as comfortable to sleep in. But I wake up with a bad headache/body ache almost every day because I slept in a bad position overnight. Getting up is a chore. You have to struggle and reach out to the sky and slide off the mattress. It is so comfortable, yet I have pain in weird places like my neck and back after using this mattress. I want to discard it, but my dad won't let me since he believes in using your possession to the fullest, especially if you paid a good amount for the mattress. This mattress is mostly memory foam with little space for springs at the bottom to maintain the shape of the mattress. The opposite side is impossible to sleep on because neither it is not meant to be, nor you can tolerate the bouncy nature of your bed. I hate this mattress so much that I'm seriously considering getting a coir mattress and use a make-shift bed at night. The only advantage of this mattress would be no disrupted blood flow at night. This mattress comes in a single piece for the entire-double bed.

The option that IS better for everyday use is this:

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_20180523_225405.jpg
Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-img_20180523_225413.jpg

This mattress isn't deep, in fact, it looks like a normal mattress. This is half memory foam, and half coir/some hard material. And it is a delight for the body. The half memory foam makes way for the body, and the coir kicks in when depressed too far into. Super comfortable and absolute best for the body. You can overturn the mattress too, and use the coir side if required. I would personally prefer the coir side/coir mattress in an ideal situation because it is better for the body, but willing to sacrifice a little for better comfort, hence, the memory foam side. Let me know if you want to know the model number and the price.

Hope it helps. Cheers.
Old 26th May 2018, 15:11   #450
Senior - BHPian

Urban ladder is running some pretty good offers on mattresses.. so I am planning to grab a couple for my new house.

I am confused between the following 2

1> Theramedic Coir & Foam Mattress - 6"
https://www.urbanladder.com/products...ess?src=subcat

2> Aer Latex Mattress - 6"

https://www.urbanladder.com/products...ess?src=subcat

Since I have no experience with Latex mattress, I am not sure.
Looks like Latex mattresses should provide similar support like a coir+foam mattress but it will be much more comfortable. I am not considering any memory foam mattresses.

Price is not the major consideration here. Please suggest

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks