Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 18:48   #61
BHPian

Re: Nationwide UID - will it work?

Finally we did receive the Aadhaar cards through India Post on 22 Nov 2012, fifteen months after enrolling.

Many others whose cards were pending for a long time also seem to have received it.

But does Aadhaar Card has any legal sanctity?

Not till today and the Supreme court has a few days ago issued a notice to the government on it.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...tion-authority
Old 6th December 2012, 21:38   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I hope Anil Divan wins his case & Aadhaar is scrapped or at least it becomes clear that it cannot be made compulsory. I haven't applied for a Aadhaar card & don't want to be forced to get one for bank or voting or any other purpose.
Old 8th December 2012, 09:54   #63
BHPian

well i know for a fact that the passport offices dont recognize the aadhar card as a valid doc.
Old 8th December 2012, 18:44   #64
BANNED

I think aadhar acceptability will only improve with time. Passport may have an issue (hopefully temporary) as UID is proof of residence and not nationality. Passport want an address operating for over a year.

Many countries have a National Register - Social Security, National Insurance or what have you. UID will become the same for India.

It has to be made to work, there is no option! Of course babudom wants to put spanners since they are not doing it.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:27   #65
BHPian

My views:

Aadhar have been visualized in a good way, but the implementation is falling apart!

Take my case. My organization had tied up with an agency which were collecting data for Aadhar. Once that data capture process was over, I got my Aadhar card after 2-3 months. This was 2011, December or so.

Around couple of months back, our area received notifications to visit a local school for data capture. I went there with my existing Aadhar card and told them that I have already been enrolled!

They said that this current cycle of data capture is not for Aadhar, but for Census (National Population Register).

I found data capture stations and software to be exactly similar.

And guess what, I have two Aadhar cards now. What ever happened to the promise of de-duplication of applications, based on demographics and biometrics!

Any thoughts?
Old 8th December 2012, 19:55   #66
BHPian

It is one and half years since mine and family's data was captured. There is no sign of aadhar number. I can only pray that all those data is not being misused. And like an idiot, I had submitted all possible details.
Old 8th December 2012, 20:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
Aadhar have been visualized in a good way, but the implementation is falling apart!
As of now, the purpose served by UID is to give photo ID proof to those who don't have it or can't get it. Note that it doesn't provide address proof. For whose who have ID proof such as PAN, DL, UID is just one more document.
Quote:
And guess what, I have two Aadhar cards now. What ever happened to the promise of de-duplication of applications, based on demographics and biometrics!

Any thoughts?
Duplicates cannot be found with certainty based on bio metric data. In Aadhar, given a ID number, details of that person can be obtained. But given a person's biometric data, that person cannot be identified with certainty.

Since Aadhar is now tied to cash dole outs, its possible for a single person to have 2 or more UID cards, each ID linked to bank accounts, and receive money many times. Technically its cumbersome to investigate such cases. Hence duplication has to be curbed with legislation.
Old 8th December 2012, 20:55   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Duplicates cannot be found with certainty based on bio metric data. In Aadhar, given a ID number, details of that person can be obtained. But given a person's biometric data, that person cannot be identified with certainty.
I would disagree on this. Atleast the system will flag a possible match and human intervention should and must validate and take action accordingly.
Old 8th December 2012, 23:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
It is one and half years since mine and family's data was captured. There is no sign of aadhar number. I can only pray that all those data is not being misused. And like an idiot, I had submitted all possible details.
You may check your Aadhaar card status here: https://portal.uidai.gov.in/ResidentPortal/statusLink
Old 8th December 2012, 23:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal

You may check your Aadhaar card status here: https://portal.uidai.gov.in/ResidentPortal/statusLink

Had done that, this was the response "We expect your enrollment details to be uploaded to the data center shortly. Please note this can take up to 30 days from the date of enrollment" .

Tried calling them, phones always engaged.

Mailed them. Got a reply after 6 MONTHS which said "We have checked the status of the Enrolment ID furnished by you and regret to inform you that your enrolment status was Not Found on our system. For us to further register a complaint to investigate this, we would request you to please send us the following details available on your enrollment slip.

Registrar Name -
Enrollment Agency Name"

This info was also mailed in May 2012. No reply till now.

Edit : just saw your previous posts. I too shall consider complaining at the pgportal.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 9th December 2012 at 00:04.
Old 9th December 2012, 00:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Had done that, this was the response "We expect your enrollment details to be uploaded to the data center shortly. Please note this can take up to 30 days from the date of enrollment" .

Tried calling them, phones always engaged.

Mailed them. Got a reply after 6 MONTHS which said "We have checked the status of the Enrolment ID furnished by you and regret to inform you that your enrolment status was Not Found on our system. For us to further register a complaint to investigate this, we would request you to please send us the following details available on your enrollment slip.

Registrar Name -
Enrollment Agency Name"

This info was also mailed in May 2012. No reply till now.

Edit : just saw your previous posts. I too shall consider complaining at the pgportal.
Then I would suggest that you send an online complaint to DARPG as indicated in my post #60. Sure it is a pain as I know it, but we did get a prompt reply from UIDAI in a fortnight after they got a kick from them and our aadhaar cards subsequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
well i know for a fact that the passport offices dont recognize the aadhar card as a valid doc.
I am referring to this site https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in...detailNews.jsp and under Kozhikode RPO it states " Unique Identification Card (Aadhar Card) may be accepted as proof of photo identity & address for both Normal and Tatkaal applications."

Most probably other RPOs may also be accepting it by now.
Old 9th December 2012, 08:33   #72
BHPian

@ponmayilal - oh glad to know that peoples efforts in going for the UID will have some benefit. I actually just came back from the Bangalore PSK- and I saw one guy's application get rejected right in front of me when he had the UID as proof. The officer was more inclined towards electricity bills, voter IDs and stuff.
Hope all the PSKs are notified on the acceptability of the Aadhar.
Old 11th December 2012, 16:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The RBI has also done away with the requirement of introduction from an existing customer of the bank for opening of bank accounts.

Banks can accept documents such as Passport, PAN Card, Drivers’ Licence, Aadhaar letter, and NREGA Job Card as proof of identity as well as address, according to the Reserve Bank of India.
Source: RBI eases KYC norms for opening bank accounts
Old 18th December 2012, 10:25   #74
BHPian

UID 'compulsory' from January 1, but lakhs yet to be enrolled

Quote:
Aadhaar ID will provide services like opening of a bank account, Annshree Yojana, new mobile connection, LPG connection, old age pension, BPL card and scholarship for students.

Revenue minister Arvinder Singh - We will ask for the UID number from January 1, but since not everyone is enrolled people will not be denied a service like pension or other social security benefits that will be Aadhaar-enabled
Old 27th December 2012, 12:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

Need inputs from guys who have got this done from bangalore. I live near indira nagar bangalore

I find this whole idea of Adhaar so vague

But someone told me that i can get the adhaar enrollment from nearest post office. So need some feedback on this.

Do we need to purchase some form from there or is there any need for appointment ?
Since this applies for all family members, i want to know if even children are included ?

thanks in advance
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks