Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 23:24   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nationwide UID - will it work?

I downloaded two E-Adhaars, one my dads and my granys. Dad had enrolled long back, ie last september or so and my grany this april. Though I enrolled the next day my grany did, hers is available but mine is not. So have they skipped mailing the card and just providing E-Adhaar as of now? I did not get any info about despatch of the card.

For folks in banashankari area, there is a center near BSK 2nd stage post office. I completed the enrollment in 10+15mins there as there is usually no rush. I heard that there are queues everywhere, so if anyone wants a quick one, they can visit "Navachetana trust, Next to BVK(Bangalore vihara kendra), near BSK 2nd stage PO, Blore -70".
Old 9th July 2013, 08:19   #152
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I downloaded two E-Adhaars, one my dads and my granys.
Which browser do you use and what time did you access the aadhaar website ?
Asking since I've never been successful trying to download this due to browser/server issues (Earlier post here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3167164)
Old 9th July 2013, 09:24   #153
BHPian

Quote:
I downloaded two E-Adhaars,
Buddy, Can you let us know when, which browser you used to download the same ?

Have been trying to get it done for last 1 month
Old 9th July 2013, 09:39   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Which browser do you use and what time did you access the aadhaar website ?
Asking since I've never been successful trying to download this due to browser/server issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Buddy, Can you let us know when, which browser you used to download the same ?
I use chrome. What is the exact error you guys get? I downloaded one yesterday morning at around 10 and the other one at around 11AM last sunday, ie two days back.

The process was simple. I checked adhaar status. "Your adhaar is generated. Please download e-adhaar" or similar message showed up.

>Went to the e-adhaar portal >Filled in enrollment ID, date, time and also the exact name that is given in the enrollment sheet. Asks for captcha code

The next page it will show your mobile number and asks for confirmation. THen a one time password is sent to your mobile. Once you enter the password, the download link will appear below the password field in the same page. You download the PDF and open it using your area pin code as password.

I did not get a single hiccup during the whole process. It was slow in opening the second page apart from that everything else was fine.
Old 9th July 2013, 09:48   #155
Senior - BHPian

I had registered with NPR on 17.12.2012. Even today, UIDAI website shows that my Aadhar number has not been generated. My wife and child who registered with NPR on the same day as me got their Aadhar cards back in March.

I have registered a complaint through UIDAI website. Is there any other avenue where I can raise a complaint?
Old 9th July 2013, 10:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I downloaded two E-Adhaars, one my dads and my granys. Dad had enrolled long back, ie last september or so and my grany this april. Though I enrolled the next day my grany did, hers is available but mine is not. So have they skipped mailing the card and just providing E-Adhaar as of now? I did not get any info about despatch of the card.
Yesterday, I downloaded 4 e-aadhars for my family. The site is slow at times. We had registered long back in 2011 and was thinking that we had to go for the verification once again. Checking out the site, I was surprised to see that I can use an e-aadhar. But is the original aadhar coming any time soon?

The only hiccup I got was with signature verification in the downloaded e-aadhar pdf document. Even after following the instructions to validate the signature, my pdf document just showed 'Valid signature' and no other contents. After googling a lot to crack that, I decided anyway to download the e-aadhar another time since the certificate is already addded to my system. So another download did the trick. And the rest 3 of them were fine too.
Old 9th July 2013, 16:54   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I had registered with NPR on 17.12.2012. Even today, UIDAI website shows that my Aadhar number has not been generated. My wife and child who registered with NPR on the same day as me got their Aadhar cards back in March.

I have registered a complaint through UIDAI website. Is there any other avenue where I can raise a complaint?
8 of my extended family enrolled in June-July 2011. Nobody has recieved the Aadhar either in its e or paper form.
I have tried all forms of enquiry- phone, email, PG portal, mails to Mr.Nilekani and other officials whose email ids I could get and Mr Montek Ahluwalia too!.
Absolutely no response!
Old 9th July 2013, 17:11   #158
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I downloaded our e Aadhar cards through the uidai website today. We had submitted our forms and gone through the formalities of retina scan and fingerprinting etc on 6th April 2013 in Koramangala.
We received individual SMS on 27th June 2013 about the fact that the e Aadhar cards were ready and would be posted to us. However, we were invited to download the same if we wanted them immediately.
Fantastic service I think and very good execution too, at least in our case.
The best thing is that there are no spelling or typo mistakes at all in our names, addresses and any other detail.
When the government agencies have done a good job as they clearly have in our case, I think it is the decent thing to do, to appreciate their work.
I don't think there is any browser related issue in ref the download, because I use apple and specifically the Safari Browser.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th July 2013 at 17:13.
Old 9th July 2013, 19:52   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
The only hiccup I got was with signature verification in the downloaded e-aadhar pdf document. Even after following the instructions to validate the signature, my pdf document just showed 'Valid signature' and no other contents. After googling a lot to crack that, I decided anyway to download the e-aadhar another time since the certificate is already addded to my system. So another download did the trick. And the rest 3 of them were fine too.
I downloaded the pdf and tried to validate.

- Selected CCA India 2011, went to Trust tab and clicked "Add to trusted Identities"
- Clicked OK and despite multiple clicks on "Validate Signature" the dialog keeps popping up without validating.
- Downloaded new PDF for same person from site and now "Add to trusted Identities" is disabled but other nodes below CCA India 2011, "Add to trusted Identities" button is still enabled.
- "Sign Documents or data" shows with Green check mark and rest are crossed in Red

I am not able to validate. How do I go about this?
Old 9th July 2013, 21:07   #160
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I use chrome. What is the exact error you guys get? I downloaded one yesterday morning at around 10 and the other one at around 11AM last sunday, ie two days back.
Thanks.
I used Chrome too, but it worked just today (finally).
During my earlier attempts, I either got no error or success message, or was getting internal server error.

None of us had given our mobile numbers so I wasn't sure how it'd work but then figured out that the e-aadhaar asks for a mobile number to send a OTP (one time password) so used my number to download the family's e-aadhaars.

Here's a good link for how to get the e-Aadhaar's.
Old 9th July 2013, 21:15   #161
BANNED

Sorry I forgot to share that while you get into the Uidai site and enter all the application related stuff it asks you to confirm your mobile number and then it sends you an 'One Time PIN'. One uses the OTP to actually start downloading. Then once the download is done, it asks you to key in your password which is nothing other than the Pin Code as per the physical address proof that you gave while registering.
After that its Hey Presto and there you are, the light dawns!
Good system overall, in my experience.
Old 9th July 2013, 21:58   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I am not able to validate. How do I go about this?
Have you tried this accordingly?

Quote:
1) Right click on the ‘validity unknown’ icon and click on ‘Validate Signature’.
2) You will get the signature validation status window, click on ‘Signature Properties’.
3) Click on ‘Show Certificate..’
4) Verify that there is a certification path named 'CCA India 2011'. This identifies CCA India as the owner of the digital certificate that has been used when signing the document.
5) Mark the certification path named 'CCA India 2011', click the 'Trust' tab and then 'Add to Trusted Identities'.
6) Answer 'OK' to any security question that follows.
7) Check(√) the field for 'Use this certificate as a trusted root' and click 'OK' twice to close this and the next window.
8) Click 'Validate Signature' to execute the validation.
Also, initially I thought that I had an old acrobat reader and installed the version 9.
Old 9th July 2013, 22:29   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Sorry I forgot to share that while you get into the Uidai site and enter all the application related stuff it asks you to confirm your mobile number and then it sends you an 'One Time PIN'. One uses the OTP to actually start downloading. Then once the download is done, it asks you to key in your password which is nothing other than the Pin Code as per the physical address proof that you gave while registering.
After that its Hey Presto and there you are, the light dawns!
Good system overall, in my experience.
I did the same for my son's aadhar card today and downloaded it. He'd applied in Feb 2013 for the second time. Sometime in April the portal said that his card was generated and he would receive it soon. Nothing happened for 2.5 months. On random searching today, I got the link to eAadhar.

But my question is, do we need to take a colour print out of the same?
Old 10th July 2013, 07:44   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

I did the same for my son's aadhar card today and downloaded it. He'd applied in Feb 2013 for the second time. Sometime in April the portal said that his card was generated and he would receive it soon. Nothing happened for 2.5 months. On random searching today, I got the link to eAadhar.

But my question is, do we need to take a colour print out of the same?
Since the Aadhar is in colour why ever not? So much nicer than monochrome!
Old 10th July 2013, 09:45   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
When the government agencies have done a good job as they clearly have in our case, I think it is the decent thing to do, to appreciate their work.
Some times, accidents happen.

Nobody deserves appreciation unless they get it right consistently. If we get things right once in a while, do our customers give us a big pat in the back? No, they will kick us out of the door if we get it wrong more than once.

A well designed and implemented software should work all the time, except for rare glitches that are bound to happen in any system. In my experience, all Indian government web applications are badly designed, incompetently implemented and hardly maintained. Since government entities are never accountable, nobody pays for such incompetence other than citizens.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed