Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2005, 04:18   #16
BHPian

used to play the drums during school and col. days , never really picked up the sticks again after that .. but think can still manage some songs well .

Well as soon as the band is ready , i dont know if i would be playing the drums or not , but would surely not miss it for the world ...
Old 6th December 2005, 12:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
PS : Can anyone over here manage AC/DC vocals?
Shan2nu
Used to some years back. Why? Dont know the new songs though. Am familiar with Back In Black, For those about to Rock..., etc.

Check my avatar!
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2005, 13:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I was wondering, if we have any musicians on team-bhp!!! U don't have to be a pro or something, even if you can play a set of simple chords, let us know.

Who knows, we could be looking at a potential team-bhp rock band.

Shantanu Kallianpurkar :-

Keyboards : More into the deep purple rock organ style. Love runnin ma fingers up n down the scale.

Vocals : A bit soft though. Can manage Oasis, Nirvana and the likes.

Guitars : More into Rhythm and Plucking. Genre no bar.

PS : Can anyone over here manage AC/DC vocals?

Shan2nu

hey shan,
why dont you include Exhausts into the list ..then many of us can join in the band...
Old 6th December 2005, 13:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
from Black Sabbath to Guns n Roses
umm.. shouldnt it be the other way round? that is, from GnR to Sabbath???

Sorry just a bit touchy about seeing Sabbath n GnR in same sentence

And just to keep the post in line with the topic, i can play the air guitar but i dont think that really counts...
Old 6th December 2005, 13:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Used to some years back. Why? Dont know the new songs though. Am familiar with Back In Black, For those about to Rock..., etc.
Perfect!!! Always wanted to perform their songs but, never found anybody with the right vioce.

Here are some of my fav AC/DC songs:
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Who Made Who
Hell's Bells
Highway To Hell
This Means War
Shook Me All Night Long
It's A Long Way To The Top If U Wanna Rock N Roll
Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
Hard As A Rock
Stiff Upper Lip

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 6th December 2005 at 13:48.
Old 14th December 2005, 01:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well, wrote lyrics, composed music and gruffed/screeched for good 5yrs, formed and changed 3bands before calling it quit almost 4months back almost just before cutting our own cd's. Couldnt manage hobby and profession both...too much actualy!!! Metal scene in India is pretty disappointing I can say if one wants to turn hobby into profession!!! Mine was death metal, that made it that much more incomprehensible to Indian pop n rock minds. Can play little bit of drums too but all vocals, lyrics and music composition is my forte...
Just to mention the bands I loved listening to and performing;
1) Cannibal Corpse.
2) Slayer
3) 6 Feet Under
4) Suffocation
5) Unleashed
6) Dying Fetus etc and yeah sh!t loads of own compositions...

I also love listening to Psy Trance and experimental ...especially when Im driving.
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2005, 01:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I also love listening to Psy Trance and experimental ...especially when Im driving.
That post pretty much explains the way you drive....thank you, I'll keep a wide berth from today.
Old 14th December 2005, 01:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
That post pretty much explains the way you drive....thank you, I'll keep a wide berth from today.
No steeroid, Im an extremely calm and composed driver if you ask the fellow bhpians...I love my drives and try to better it every time I drive...I explore and learn my car most of the times to familiarise myself to its secretive traits and VTEC is full of them!!!
My only weakness is when some kids show me a thumbs down, then they do it again and again........ what I do then is just show them where they belong in few pulsating seconds and then Im back to my psy trance and learning
Old 14th December 2005, 17:46   #24
BHPian

Hi! If anyone is looking to sing Old Hindi Film songs, then I can sing Talat Mahmood numbers
Old 14th December 2005, 18:43   #25
BANNED

I used to sing with a few rock bands a few years ago - Mostly classic rock (Purple, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Floyd, etc), though my later bands were more progressive. Also worked on some originals. Did a few shows, including I-Rock with my last band (Blue Screen Death). I play a bit of rhythm guitar too, but most musicians finally get fed up and tell me to stick to singing

Haven't jammed for years now...which is kind of sad, since music is pretty much the only other thing that makes me happy, besides speed.

It would be great to meet more people who share the same two common passions. Let me know if you guys ever want to jam up.
Boom Shiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2005, 12:58   #26
BHPian

Used to sing in a college band. GnR, Nirvana, Floyd, purple and the likes.
Also spent some time with the guitar and keyboards. Not to good at them though, and never did find the time to practice enough to get better on the instruments.
And now its been a good 8-9 years... reminds me, I should maybe take out my guitar and keyboard from cold storage...:-)

Singing, I still do that in family gatherings, though now its mellowed down to ghazals and maybe some english oldies (beatles, harry belafonte, simon and garfunkel to name a few)...
Old 16th December 2005, 13:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

[quote=Shan2nu]Perfect!!! Always wanted to perform their songs but, never found anybody with the right vioce. [quote]

what i knew (have not done in 20+ years).
Back In Black
For Those About To Rock
Hell's Bells
You Shook Me All Night Long
Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

the voice must come from the stomach. Geez that was in 1980-81.

you forgot....
What do you do for Money Honey
Giving the dog a bone
let me put my love into you
Evil walks
inject the venom

Last edited by navin : 16th December 2005 at 13:28.
Old 16th December 2005, 13:36   #28
BHPian

If u guys come on the 20th of December then you will see a band called OLD MONKS cover ACDC and stuff...so watch out for them.
Old 5th July 2008, 00:23   #29
BHPian

Im a self-taught guitarist (Almost, youtube is my teacher) . I can play both the acoustic and the electric guitar. Have a fender(acoustic) and a squier -startocaster. I have been learning for the past 5 months and can play around 15 songs
Old 5th July 2008, 14:17   #30
BHPian

I am trained in playing 'Mrudangam' for almost 10 years, during my school days..Played at some concerts etc.Left it then and there, but still have the instrument with me at home. May be one day I can do it all again!

Started playing keyboard (can I call it as one? It was a Casio, a silly one) when I was in my 9th standard.No, never thought of a serious training in this. However I keep trying in my 'upgraded' keyboard now also eventhough chords/notations are still greek and latin to me!!
My 5 yr old son is trying his hands on the old casio - just to rip it apart

I can imitate some songs - hindi; now its debatable if its called 'singing'

Most Viewed