Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 19:43   #1
BHPian

Got Stuck in a problem after sellng my beloved Car

I sold my 2004 Scorpio to an IT guy working in Bangalore.

Car Details :
2003 Manufactured and 2004 registered Silver Turbo Type-II Scorpio
No of owners - Three
Registration - KA-01

My car was in Finance so he paid me 1.5L and took the delivery of the car. The deal was to get an NOC from the Finance and hand him over the original RC Book and Insurance, however he also wanted a Clearance Certificate.

For obtaining CC I had to go to the RTO and waste my 1-2 days of time.
So to save time and avoid visits to RTO for CC I requested the party and took responsibility of doing the Ownership transfer to his name through a known Broker of mine. After the transfer the broker came with a Smart Card which had the new Owners Name and Address and also gave me a B-Extract paper.

I found few errors in the Smart Card and B-extract paper
1) Smart Card said Owner Serial number (OSL.No- 03) instead of 04
2) In B-extract there is a Column for Previous Owner - This Column had the second Owner's name instead of My name.

I immediately rushed to Koramangala RTO and came to know that there was a Data entry mistake done by one of the RTO personnel. Hence they corrected the Smart Card and gave me a new Smart Card which said Owner Serial number (OSL.No- 04)
However they are unable to correct the B-extract paper, where the previous owner column is still listing the Second owners name instead of mine.

I am running behind the RTO since last 20 days and no luck getting this issue corrected. At last I consulted the ARTO and even he told me that there is some software issue with the Computer and they are unable to correct the issue, hence he just scratched the second Owners name in the B-extract and wrote my name and address and gave his Seal & Signature on the correction with a Green pen.

The party to whom the sold the car is now not ready to accept the manual correction in the B-extract and denying to give me the balance amount. RTO says the issue can be corrected only by when they install a new Software and they have no idea when they can install it.

Now Iam completely stuck both the ends, do not have the car or the Money. RTO is giving some silly reasons and Party is not ready to accept the manual correction.

Friends please give me some ideas how to come out of this critical situation

(Mods please move this thread to appropriate section if required).
Old 11th October 2010, 20:43   #2
BHPian

Why don't you take the buyer along with you to the RTO and meet the ARTO together so that he can also hear the ARTO's story and decide what he wants to do.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
Why don't you take the buyer along with you to the RTO and meet the ARTO together so that he can also hear the ARTO's story and decide what he wants to do.
Yes Buyer had come to the RTO and RTO himself explained the buyer that it was a Data entry mistake by them and nothing to worry since they have manually corrected the paper with a Genuine Seal and Signature of Assistant RTO. Still Buyer is not ready to accept.

Buyer says he might end up issues while selling the vehicle. He needs a clear computerized B-extract with no manual writing.
I am now tired of explaining him that there will be no issues even if he sells the car because the Smart has his name and address with clear vehicle details and B-extract corrected by RTO itself.
I have even given him the RC Book photo copy which has clear ownership list.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Why did you give up the car for just 1.5L? The buyer can retain 10k-20K from the full payment while the paperwork is pending. But here you have put yourself into a tight spot.

When I sold my last car, it was under loan. Still, I released the car against full payment. After that I paid off the loan, collected the finance papers and sent it across after a month.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why did you give up the car for just 1.5L? The buyer can retain 10k-20K from the full payment while the paperwork is pending. But here you have put yourself into a tight spot.

When I sold my last car, it was under loan. Still, I released the car against full payment. After that I paid off the loan, collected the finance papers and sent it across after a month.
Buyer was not ready to give me full payment, hence I gave away the car with just 1.5L, later he gave me another 75K, now he has to still give me 1.32L.

I have the original Docs and he has the car, not sure how to conclude this.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:15   #6
Team-BHP Support

Well, he can keep driving the car, you can't do anything with the documents.

Tell him you have done your job. RTO's mistake is not your responsibility. If he doesn't listen, you are only left with legal suit.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:23   #7
BHPian

I explained/requested/apologized on behalf of RTO, he is just sticking to words that I could have just given him the NOC and CC.
I told him that I did a stupid mistake of taking responsibility of ownership transfer just to avoid one visit to RTO for which now I have made more than 10 visits.
I learn't a very good lesson now. Never go extra mile to help and take stupid responsibilities.

If nothing is working Legal suit is my last option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks