Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2005, 00:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Great!! now if i may spice things up a lil bit more ..... heres a quote from the Top Gear Website ....

This they say will be aired in the 6th and final episode of Top Gear .... which is the next episode sadly. This season has been the best so far ..... actually Top Gear is getting better and better every season.

Cheers!

P
There's no shadow of doubt that I'll probably shed a tear if I see that car. The only other cars that have managed to do the same to me in the past have been the McLaren F1 and the W220 Benz, when I first saw it in India in 1999.
Old 13th December 2005, 00:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Great!! now if i may spice things up a lil bit more ..... heres a quote from the Top Gear Website ....

This they say will be aired in the 6th and final episode of Top Gear .... which is the next episode sadly. This season has been the best so far ..... actually Top Gear is getting better and better every season.

Cheers!

P
The Stig cried after driving it eh? Hmm, better watch those adhesive tears... hehe.
Old 13th December 2005, 05:21   #18
BHPian

jeremy has gone bonkers about this nu bugatti. A concorde feat in auto world they were exclaiming. The car looked awesome and i thought they should have dedicated some time to the making of the car and stuff like that.

Nice episode all in all and the race to the destination b/w the bugatti veyron and cessna plane ( washing machine! ) was not that interesting as the earlier challenges.
Old 13th December 2005, 09:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

So, what you're saying is that the Veyron will go around the track next week? That is gonna be the most interesting 1 min or so....of the whole season.

BTW, did yo'l see Nigel's lap in the Liana???? 1 min 44 secs....DAMN!!! Almost 2 secs quicker than Damon Hill. If Webber was to get a dry track, he'd be in the 1min 44s as well.

Shan2nu
Old 13th December 2005, 09:49   #20

Hey guys i use bearshare to download top gear videos and it takes a lot of time for a new video to come on bearshare. Guys i have never used torrent before, so can anyone tell me how it works? PLS!
Old 13th December 2005, 09:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
So, what you're saying is that the Veyron will go around the track next week? That is gonna be the most interesting 1 min or so....of the whole season.

BTW, did yo'l see Nigel's lap in the Liana???? 1 min 44 secs....DAMN!!! Almost 2 secs quicker than Damon Hill. If Webber was to get a dry track, he'd be in the 1min 44s as well.

Shan2nu
I reckon the Veyron may hit a 1.15...It's all about those straights with those 1000 and 1 horses.
Old 13th December 2005, 23:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig
Hey guys i use bearshare to download top gear videos and it takes a lot of time for a new video to come on bearshare. Guys i have never used torrent before, so can anyone tell me how it works? PLS!
Here you go :
1. Download a Bit torrent Client, like Bit Lord or Azureus Bit Torrent .... a quick google might help find the links.
2. For Top Gear & Fifth Gear Episodes, go to www.mininova.org and search for them.
3. Click on the eipsode or torrent that you want.
4. It will prompt you to save the '.torrent' extension file. Save it to a convenient location on your computer.
5. Run you bit torrent client.
6. Open the '.torrent' file into your bit torrent manager/client using File>Open menu.
7. Start the download and wait long painfull & agonisisng hours for it to download.
8. Happy downloading

Cheers!

P
Old 13th December 2005, 23:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

The episode was good but frankly I didnt quite enjoy this like I did the previous races of the Aston Martin DB9 and Ferrari 612. I seriously felt that this episode had lack of good background music. It was just bland.

Ridiculously fast car though the Veyron.

Last edited by Stratos : 13th December 2005 at 23:22.
Old 13th December 2005, 23:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Stratos, this was the closest race though...if i remember correctly. But you're right the DB9 episode especially was better.

I was left somewhat disappointed at the end 'cos i was waiting for the car to be taken to the track...hopefully they'll do it in the next episode.
Old 14th December 2005, 02:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was left somewhat disappointed at the end 'cos i was waiting for the car to be taken to the track...hopefully they'll do it in the next episode.
Same here. What they need is a comprehensive review of the Veyron. The car really deserves it.

Best part is, when JC was cruising in the Veyron, the engine was developing just 50bhp (according to the power meter).

Shan2nu
Old 14th December 2005, 06:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Same here. What they need is a comprehensive review of the Veyron. The car really deserves it.

Best part is, when JC was cruising in the Veyron, the engine was developing just 50bhp (according to the power meter).

Shan2nu
"Right...another 950 to go..."

Hehe.
Old 14th December 2005, 22:25   #27

Hey speed demon82 thanx a lot dude!!
Old 14th December 2005, 23:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
Some how i don't like it when its aired in India BBC as they are CUt to only half an hour. I've got 4 seasons of Top Gear with 1 hr episode and that better. hey don't show News and at times even the celebrity laps for Indian People so for me i'm gonna wait for the Video to arive. And yes they even cut down the review time.
Dude do get those Videos from Dc then forward it to me, I am also eagerly waiting for them.
Old 15th December 2005, 13:40   #29
BHPian

I agree with you guys. With the Veyron race and all that 'Do not think of missing the next episode with the Veyron' as said by JC, i was expecting Top Gear & JC to pull out something big out of their hats, something new? I feel the music and photography was better in the eipsode before the Veyron one, in which they did the 3-Supercars to the French Bridge. As far as races go i still believe the first race that JC & Hammond, James did was the best - DB9 vs The Train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig
Hey speed demon82 thanx a lot dude!!
Hey, anything for the Stig maan!!

P.S. JC said that it costs Bugatti (VW) 5 Million big ones to make each Veyron and are still selling it under a Million each. Is that really so???
Old 17th December 2005, 02:30   #30
BHPian

Did you guys notice Jeremy's comment about it costing VW close to five million dollars to build a Veryron while they sell it for about a million dollars. And that Veyron is a technical excercise for VW. I loved that. But how true is that?

Edit: Aaah speed_demon82! just noticed your post, you beat me to it.

Last edited by tsxei : 17th December 2005 at 02:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks