Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2005, 17:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Hmm, new year I may be out of town, but will let you know if something can come up. You normally go on driving holidays with wife?
yep. luckily she too enjoys long drives.

\N
Old 14th December 2005, 17:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Nope speed. The four lane is only till Ambala. After that is about 40kms of hell. When I say hell I mean it. Drag racing buses occupying both the lanes hurtling towards you at 100kmph while you scamper towards the berms.

i had forgottten...but teh highway from ambala to chandigarh was good wheni had gone about a year ago...
Old 14th December 2005, 18:32   #18
BHPian

karnal by-pass to zirakpur is 235-240kms..checked it 6 times on my karizma

another choice is neemrana fort, on NH-8, around 80kms from gurgaon, jus wen u enter rajasthan.. u will have to leave the highway and take a right into a village.. its app 3-5kms from the main nh-8. an old fort, superbly maintained.. entry per person is like 250 i guess. food is buffet.. again 250 per person..but its all worth it.. too good..the views r awesome and the fort is really big.. check the net for more info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
Buddy I recently drove to Chail from Delhi; went on Saturday and back on Sunday, and believe me it was hectic, left me no time to enjoy myself.
BTW, Zirakpur from Karnal by-bass is 270 KMs, Parwanoo from Zirakpur 30 KMs, and Timber-trail from Parwanoo 32KMs. And remember he's based in Gurgaon, so Gurgaon to Karnal by-pass another 30 odd KMs, adds up to 362 KMs, to and from 725 KMs. Man it may not be much for a TBPian but remember it's a fun-trip for him, not a driving holiday.

BTW TSK, you seems my kind of person, loving long drives on hills (I have drove to Delhi-Chail, Delhi-Kasauli, Delhi-Shimla, Chandigarh-Dalhousie, Delhi-Nainitaal, Delhi-Kausani, Delhi-Mussorie). Let's plan a drive sometime, I am planning to drive to Lansdowne on New Year eve. You game?

\N

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 14th December 2005 at 18:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks