Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2020, 23:43   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Calling all Team-BHP Farmers : The Farming Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranz View Post
Additionally we are planning to open up a Goat farm ( in a separate leased land ) . Any leads on that front too please?
You can check out the Workshop on commercial dairy farming by Amruta Dairy Farms

The farm is run by an old friend and his brothers. He left his job in IT and started dairy farming.
Old 12th February 2020, 01:13   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Farming - Permissions, authorities, logistics & challenges expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malhi View Post
Hi, jeepster. I reckon you are running a decent sized agri-business.

Could you shed some light on legalities of converting a farm into a private limited company?

What happens to the ownership of the land, does it become company land or is the company limited to the business part?

Can a company own agricultural land? Are plantations an exception?

Any links to literature on the subject will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Malhi
  • Private limited company cannot buy farmland . (in maharashtra)
http://www.landsofmaharashtra.com/pr...edcompany.html
  • Private limited company can lease farms for cultivation. (of directors or others)
  • The new concept of Producer Company is created under companies act, 2013 for agricultural purpose.
https://swaritadvisors.com/learning/...pany-in-india/

https://cleartax.in/s/producer-company-india#Benefits
in short consult a CA or CS for in depth details.
rgds,
Nikhil

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd March 2020 at 13:52. Reason: Typo.
Old 17th February 2020, 01:00   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Anyone out there tried Ginger farming?
My dad has started Ginger farming on a small scale near Mysore. He has got a full time manager who stays in the farm (around 7 acres) and my dad visits the place every now and then, and he loves to do that. This is his first year into serious farming and so we do lack on the experience front. To be honest everytime he goes there and brings photos of the farm, I am tempted to leave this corporate life and go live there, away from all the mad rush of the city.

Anybody with any experience in Ginger farming, would like to know more about this field. any stories there?
Replying to a 9 year old thread, But I wasnt a member when this post was made!
Yes we recently harvested Ginger on a 1 acre lot, and it was a good learning experience. Let me know if you are still looking for information, or already have become an expert!
Old 26th February 2020, 21:36   #229

Guys,
We have a informal farm meet on 29th Feb , Saturday (leap year day &#128578, let me know by voting who all want to attend, so that I can arrange the logistics

Location is near bidadi, mysore road which is ~29 km from blr centre

Remember it's just a collaborative farmer's meet, and not formal training on agriculture

Please confirm your attendance by editing below list for this Saturday meet, depending on participants count I will arrange chairs, food etc

Also there r no charges for the meet, only voluntary donations accepted for lunch

Appreciate your selfless work of bringing like minded people for knowledge sharing. will be joining this group. Thank you.

1. Kishore
2. C. Nanjappa
3. Dr Raju
4. Navin
5. Suresh B V
6. Shankar
7. Shobha
8. Somashekhar sonnagi

Interested ppl can join this whatsapp group

https://*******************/Edc7TdDvRyN1ry6mCfmBCK
Old 4th March 2020, 17:35   #230
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to buy 30 to 40 high yielding jackfruit saplings for my place in Kerala near Kochi airport. I am advised that Karnataka varieties may not suite commercial farming in Kerala climate. Any pointers on this topic and where to source the saplings will be helpful
Old 4th March 2020, 17:40   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am looking to buy 30 to 40 high yielding jackfruit saplings for my place in Kerala near Kochi airport. I am advised that Karnataka varieties may not suite commercial farming in Kerala climate. Any pointers on this topic and where to source the saplings will be helpful
Why don't you try the local agricultural department office in Kochi? I am sure they should be able to direct you to the right place even if they don't sell.
Old 4th March 2020, 17:47   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Why don't you try the local agricultural department office in Kochi? I am sure they should be able to direct you to the right place even if they don't sell.
Thanks. I purchases couple of plants from the government farm opposite to DLF Kakkanad (forgot the name of the office), but they didn't have in bulk. Let me see if I they can guide further on this.
Old 19th March 2020, 18:47   #233
Team-BHP Support

Can some of you farmers share the impact of Coronavirus on farming sector in this thread.

Everyone still has to eat, no one can reduce food consumption. Please share your views on that thread.
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:38   #234
PGA
BHPian

I have about 20 quintals of radish laying at my farm with no buyers and my agent says regular vendors who purchase from him have vanished.

Very funny situation has developed, retail prices have gone through the roof but wholesale prices have crashed. Now banking upon wheat harvest due in another 15- 20 days.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 15:11   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
I have about 20 quintals of radish laying at my farm with no buyers

Very funny situation has developed, retail prices have gone through the roof but wholesale prices have crashed.
Sorry to hear this. Read similar situation for tomato and bottle-guard farmers. And as you said, retail prices are going through the roof
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 15:52   #236
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This mentions one of the causes as lack of transportation to move it to city.

https://twitter.com/nkaggere/status/1244196295738179584
Old 30th March 2020, 15:54   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
This mentions one of the causes as lack of transportation to move it to city.
Now looks to be resolved - there was a post on SM about a pass being issued for movement. Karnataka government has started to allow produce movement within and to neighboring states.

However, this does not seem to be in one of the recent circulars that I was able to check. So an updated notice should be coming through soon. The notice seems to consider that stocks are available locally, and will last thru the lockdown :(

Last edited by condor : 30th March 2020 at 15:56.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 19:24   #238
BHPian

This is from my brother in law from Belgaum district. He had grown Ridge gourd, Beans, Chillies etc and the "agents" from Belgaum have refused to pick the stock. He also has a dairy but not able to send the daily quota of milk to Goa.

This was as of yesterday.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 12:51   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Can some of you farmers share the impact of Coronavirus on farming sector in this thread.

Everyone still has to eat, no one can reduce food consumption. Please share your views on that thread.
The effect isn't much but the effect is still there on the farming sector. The local government is very supportive on this front. They've promised to buy the produce for a very competitive rate and they're indeed procuring. Our produce was to be picked up by the agents from the Govt. by now but the logistical challenges are playing the spoilsport.

But the Govt. wouldn't be picking up niché produce (a more sorted and premium grade of rice in my case). So that obviously has to go to the market. Half of our current produce belongs to the second category because there are quite a few takers for the same. There are takers for it even during the lockdown but the prices they're quoting are atrocious. The extension will do no good to the already dwindling market.
Old 17th August 2021, 09:28   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here has first hand information or is into Ultra High Density Plantation (UHDP) for Mangoes?

Planning to plant a Mango orchard in Western UP and contemplating between traditional way of Mango orchard or the new UHDP way of planting trees. No one here in this area has done UHDP mango plantation so little help here. Most UHDP I have seen on internet are in MH, TS, AP etc.

I want to discuss few aspects like labor/manpower needed throughout the year, drip irrigation, pesticides, land preparation etc.

Though there is sufficient information on internet, still talking to few people and especially those who can point both pro & con will be helpful. Right now most information is about only the +ve side of UHDP and no one talks about the cons or failures in UHDP for Mangoes.

If someone knows of a UHDP farmer in UP area, please do help with connects or even in different states, where I can connect with an actual farmer and discuss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks