Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 14:13   #2131
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I had cancelled an ICICI credit card in 2012 or so. Every year since cancellation, at the time of renewal, I start receiving message from ICICI asking me to pay the renewal charges. This year, as usual I have been getting this message. I did call them up and mention that the card was cancelled and they waived off the charges and didn't bother me in the first year, but it's been regular since then. I haven't bothered to respond to them this year, since it's not my fault; however, they have started threatening me that this will reflect in my CIBIL score.

Is there anything I should do? Has any of you faced a problem like this? Guess it's a pain that I have to clear this issue every year - is there a permanent solution for this?
Old 16th June 2016, 14:23   #2132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is there anything I should do? Has any of you faced a problem like this? Guess it's a pain that I have to clear this issue every year - is there a permanent solution for this?
You should definitely follow it up with ICICI and get their records updated. Though they cannot, and should not threaten you with CIBIL when you have cancelled the card, if you leave it unresolved, it might come back to bite you when you apply for a loan, and you dont want that, trust me. I work in a PSB, so quite familiar with such situations.

Hope you have documented and maintained the cancellation request to use in your correspondence with ICICI.
Old 16th June 2016, 15:50   #2133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
You should definitely follow it up with ICICI and get their records updated. Though they cannot, and should not threaten you with CIBIL when you have cancelled the card, if you leave it unresolved, it might come back to bite you when you apply for a loan, and you dont want that, trust me. I work in a PSB, so quite familiar with such situations.

Hope you have documented and maintained the cancellation request to use in your correspondence with ICICI.
Thank you. Yes, I did have 2 SRs with me for cancellation of the same card. Have lodged a complaint through the site which is another pain in the back. If I mention "Credit card", I need to mention the 16 digits of the card which was cancelled 5 years back!
Old 16th June 2016, 20:17   #2134
BHPian

I think you need not to submit through the online form, you can write to their customer care mentioning last four digits of your card. That should be sufficient.
Old 18th June 2016, 18:54   #2135
Team-BHP Support

Getting a bit fed up of ICICI Bank.

Ordered a Supplementary (add-on) Credit Card for my spouse. They have no options to generate the PIN online, or to register the card for 3D Secure, or to link the card to my online banking account, or to register a mobile number to receive OTP and transaction alerts (separate from the primary card account's registered contact details).

I wonder where the claimed 'convenience for your loved ones' is, when they'll continue to be dependent on me for everything even with a separate card that bears their name.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th June 2016 at 18:56.
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:56   #2136
Senior - BHPian

For HDFC Regalia rewards one of the options is mobile payments. From their portal, this looks only like prepaid. Is there a way to pay postpaid Vodafone bills on the Regalia rewards site using points?
Old 24th June 2016, 10:17   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
For HDFC Regalia rewards one of the options is mobile payments. From their portal, this looks only like prepaid. Is there a way to pay postpaid Vodafone bills on the Regalia rewards site using points?
Not sure about regalia but I have a hdfc diners and can very well pay broadband, dth, prepaid, postpaid, flight tickets using points
Old 28th June 2016, 12:04   #2138
Oxy
BHPian

My Amex gold card will be up for renewal in a couple of days. I am sure they will charge me the annual fee of Rs.4999 plus ST so I would be cancelling it.

So I am now looking for a replacement. Found from the HDFC website that I am eligible to hold their Regalia and Diner's Club Premium cards, both of which are currently available free for life.

The Regalia has a clause which says reward points will expire in two years from the time they are credited to your account. The Diner's Club on the other hand has no such clause but is hit by low acceptance.

Suggestions on which one of these two to go for would be a huge help. Also, is there anything else I can consider?

I am not a frequent flyer.

Thanks very much.
Old 28th June 2016, 12:37   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
My Amex gold card will be up for renewal in a couple of days. I am sure they will charge me the annual fee of Rs.4999 plus ST so I would be cancelling it.

So I am now looking for a replacement. Found from the HDFC website that I am eligible to hold their Regalia and Diner's Club Premium cards, both of which are currently available free for life.

The Regalia has a clause which says reward points will expire in two years from the time they are credited to your account. The Diner's Club on the other hand has no such clause but is hit by low acceptance.

Suggestions on which one of these two to go for would be a huge help. Also, is there anything else I can consider?

I am not a frequent flyer.

Thanks very much.
Once they charge the annual fee, call and talk to them. They will be happy to reverse those fees depending on your spending usage during the previous year.

If you are heavy user then they will waive off completely if not maximum of 75% of fee will be waived in just one phone call.
Old 28th June 2016, 12:59   #2140
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Once they charge the annual fee, call and talk to them. They will be happy to reverse those fees depending on your spending usage during the previous year.

If you are heavy user then they will waive off completely if not maximum of 75% of fee will be waived in just one phone call.
Yes I am aware of this. I got it completely waived off last year, but this time I did not use the card much.
Old 28th June 2016, 14:17   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

I am using their HDFC Diners Premium. Best thing about it is that there are some sites where you earn 10x reward points, and those are sites where one usually spends a lot, like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Cleartrip.
I am using their card since April and already have close to 14k in points thanks to the 10x reward points.

Moreover, the points can be used to pay DTH, Prepaid, postpaid and even book Hotel and Flights and the conversion rate is 0.75 INR per point (it is 1-1 for Diners Black).

So whatever you spend on these sites, you stand to gain a net 22-25% of the value.

But because of the acceptance issues, I have kept an ICICI mastercard as spare. It is true that one cannot completely rely on Only Diners and needs VISA/Mastercard as back up all the time.
I suggest you do the same, as there is a lot to gain from the Diners.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 28th June 2016 at 14:19.
Old 28th June 2016, 15:13   #2142
BANNED

@swiftnfurious; Have you considered filing an FIR. If you do that they will come running. One problem which used to with ICICI was very high staff turnover. What seems is that either they have multiple databases which are not linked, or they have restored the database from some older database without bothering.
Old 28th June 2016, 17:35   #2143
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
So just redeemed a bit over half the points we had gathered on the Citi Prestige card, and converted them to JP miles. Each point is worth 4 JP miles. And what do you know, my moms ticket in business class to London is turning out to be free So what would have normally cost 1.3l, is coming at a cost of a few thousand in taxes.

Have also got the HDFC Infinia, but with the Prestige I just don't end up using that card.
The average joe cannot possess such high end cards.

I called up the Citi Prestige helpline yesterday, and they tell me that I need to have an annual income of Rs.40 lakhs, or an existing credit card with Rs.5 lakhs credit limit, in order to own the Citi Prestige credit card.

And it comes at an annual fee of Rs.20,000 plus.
Old 28th June 2016, 21:39   #2144
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I am using their HDFC Diners Premium. Best thing about it is that there are some sites where you earn 10x reward points, and those are sites where one usually spends a lot, like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Cleartrip.
I am using their card since April and already have close to 14k in points thanks to the 10x reward points.

Moreover, the points can be used to pay DTH, Prepaid, postpaid and even book Hotel and Flights and the conversion rate is 0.75 INR per point (it is 1-1 for Diners Black).

So whatever you spend on these sites, you stand to gain a net 22-25% of the value.

But because of the acceptance issues, I have kept an ICICI mastercard as spare. It is true that one cannot completely rely on Only Diners and needs VISA/Mastercard as back up all the time.
I suggest you do the same, as there is a lot to gain from the Diners.
Thanks for this.

The T&C in the website says the 10x rewards offer ends on 30th June.
Old 28th June 2016, 23:28   #2145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Not sure about regalia but I have a hdfc diners and can very well pay broadband, dth, prepaid, postpaid, flight tickets using points
I called the Regalia helpline and they said only prepaid mobile payments were possible on their portal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks