Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 23:33   #2146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Thanks for this.

The T&C in the website says the 10x rewards offer ends on 30th June.
Was the same when I had applied. 10x was expiring on 31 March which was extended up to June. I suggest you wait till 01 July to check it

Edit : from your earlier posts you seem to be easily eligible for diners black which gets 25% more in points and conversion rate is 1-1,so there's dual gain. If you are eligible for regalia then you can easily get diners black

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 28th June 2016 at 23:54.
Old 28th June 2016, 23:42   #2147
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I called the Regalia helpline and they said only prepaid mobile payments were possible on their portal.
Today I registered two Airtel post paid numbers on my Regalia card for auto payment. But I went to airtel site and registered details there. Hope it works out.
Old 29th June 2016, 00:06   #2148
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Was the same when I had applied. 10x was expiring on 31 March which was extended up to June. I suggest you wait till 01 July to check it

Edit : from your earlier posts you seem to be easily eligible for diners black which gets 25% more in points and conversion rate is 1-1,so there's dual gain. If you are eligible for regalia then you can easily get diners black
All their cards are currently lifetime free except for the Diner's Black, Diner's Jetprivilege and Infinia. The Diner's Black has a joining fee of Rs.10000. I find it quite expensive, specially when it has limited acceptance.
Old 29th June 2016, 08:54   #2149
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the Amex Platinum Charge card last year with for a fee of 50k (40k Taj vouchers free). The sales guy who sold the card to me made a few fake promises about the cards features for which I complained to Amex top management and for this reason I decided not the renew my card the following year. Frankly I don't feel it's worth that high a few anyway.

On renewal last week I called them to cancel my card as I do not want to pay the fee and continue. They had their team call me to haggle by giving free vouchers and points. When I insisted that I do not want to pay a single rupee as renewal fee, they waived the fee+tax valuing a total of 57k to retain me as a customer.

Very proactive approach by Amex. Looks like they are indeed very keen to retain customers. I was earlier told that the platinum card never has a fee reduction or waiver.

While I appreciate what Amex did but if they don't do this next year too. I ain't going to renew. Frankly, I prefer my Regalia HDFC- it has a better point system and lowest forex surcharge.
Old 29th June 2016, 12:25   #2150
BANNED

@Sahil; afaik Amex Cards division is now owned by StanChart. However, I expect to protect the identity, the teams may be having 'near' zero overlap.

They will sell their mother to retain a customer.
Old 30th June 2016, 04:54   #2151
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I called the Regalia helpline and they said only prepaid mobile payments were possible on their portal.
Regalia allows you to burn off your points for Air Tickets and so on too.

I ve done it. Works beautifully.

Try going through this route;
https://hdfcbankregalia.myrewardz.com
Old 30th June 2016, 07:38   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Today I registered two Airtel post paid numbers on my Regalia card for auto payment. But I went to airtel site and registered details there. Hope it works out.
Should not be a problem. Any credit card will work on the airtel website for online payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Regalia allows you to burn off your points for Air Tickets and so on too.

I ve done it. Works beautifully.

Try going through this route;
https://hdfcbankregalia.myrewardz.com
Thanks. I'm aware of that. On their portal, for mobile bill payments by points, they allow only prepaid and not postpaid.

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 30th June 2016 at 07:38. Reason: Typo
Old 7th July 2016, 12:19   #2153
BHPian

Querry about SBI Signature card

Hi,

I'm planning to go for SBI signature card and have one Qs. I failed to find anywhere in writing that card reward points can be used to pay outstanding.
is this facility exists in this card? Need clarifications/pointers in this regard.

I'm afraid if its not captured anywhere, they may withdraw this facility anytime even if it exist now. And since joining fee is high (>5K with taxes) I want to ascertain this before enrolling.

Regards
SE
Old 19th July 2016, 14:04   #2154
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Sahil; afaik Amex Cards division is now owned by StanChart. However, I expect to protect the identity, the teams may be having 'near' zero overlap.

They will sell their mother to retain a customer.
Erm, no they won't.

I just got my Amex Gold card cancelled as they charged me annual fee of Rs.4500 plus Rs.675 (Service Tax) this month. They were offering me a 50% waiver on the annual fee immediately plus a complete waiver if I spent Rs.60,000 on the card in the next three months. When I flatly refused to pay them anything towards that, they went ahead and cancelled it.
Old 19th July 2016, 18:15   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Sahil; afaik Amex Cards division is now owned by StanChart.
Amex sold its banking business to StanChart. It retained the Cards and Travel biz.
Old 21st July 2016, 09:48   #2156
BHPian

Re: Querry about SBI Signature card

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to go for SBI signature card and have one Qs. I failed to find anywhere in writing that card reward points can be used to pay outstanding.
is this facility exists in this card? Need clarifications/pointers in this regard.

I'm afraid if its not captured anywhere, they may withdraw this facility anytime even if it exist now. And since joining fee is high (>5K with taxes) I want to ascertain this before enrolling.

Regards
SE
Yes. You can convert you Reward Points into Cash to pay off Credit Card Dues. I Do it regularly on my SBI Signature Card.

The only problem is you cannot do it online. You have to call the SBI Customer Care to request this conversion. I convert points worth Rs. 10K a year on the SBI Signature Card. Really good option.

The joining Fee for the first year is returned via Gift Vouchers. You can choose one among the 4-5 options. Plus you get the added benefit of 2 Tickets free over BookMyshow every month. This itself amounts to 6000, considering 250 Rs. per ticket. So ideally, you pretty much recover the 5000 bucks you pay as Annual Charges.

Last edited by tejas08 : 21st July 2016 at 09:50.
Old 21st July 2016, 09:56   #2157
BHPian

Re: Querry about SBI Signature card

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Yes. You can convert you Reward Points into Cash to pay off Credit Card Dues. I Do it regularly on my SBI Signature Card.

The only problem is you cannot do it online. You have to call the SBI Customer Care to request this conversion. I convert points worth Rs. 10K a year on the SBI Signature Card. Really good option.
And what is reward point to Rs ratio?
Old 21st July 2016, 12:00   #2158
Senior - BHPian

Im currently using an HDFC Regalia, exploring other options as I convert my reward points to Jet miles.

On an avg I spend a around 5 lakhs a year on my card (incl electricity bills/fuel/insurance premiums/travel etc).

Should I convert to a JetPrivilege card? As I understand the conversion is quite similar, maybe no real gain.

Last edited by Hatari : 21st July 2016 at 12:04.
Old 21st July 2016, 12:16   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_edge View Post
And what is reward point to Rs ratio?
4:1.

Encashing can be done in multiples of 2000 Points. 500 Rs. for each 2000 Points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Im currently using an HDFC Regalia, exploring other options as I convert my reward points to Jet miles.

On an avg I spend a around 5 lakhs a year on my card (incl electricity bills/fuel/insurance premiums/travel etc).

Should I convert to a JetPrivilege card? As I understand the conversion is quite similar, maybe no real gain.
Unless you only want to convert your reward points to Jet Miles, You might want to look at the SBI Signature Card too. With that kind of spends, you would earn about 50K points only in bonuses, which would earn you 12,500 Rs. in cash every year. Plus, of course the other benefits.
Old 26th July 2016, 09:55   #2160
Senior - BHPian

Double Billing on Credit Card

I used my ICICI Bank Credit Card for a purchase at Shoppers' Stop this weekend.

The cashier swiped my card in one machine and perhaps the transaction didn't go through, then he tried again in a different machine. This time the transaction went through and transaction receipt was generated, which I signed (This is an old credit card which does not have PIN verification).

I received 2 SMS's on my mobile for this transaction. I realised this a bit later. After a day, I logged in to my internet banking account and checked for double billing, and it was indeed the case.

I have called up ICICI Bank customer care, informed them about the double billing and raised a dispute. Is there any further action required from my side ?

The customer care executive told that they will refund the amount and investigate the error, there is no further action required from my side.

But I received an SMS from the bank today, which mentions my service request number and asks me to send the docs at their email id. Which docs am I supposed to send them ? Scanned copies of merchant bill and transaction receipt ? Do I need to fill any dispute form and send to them ?

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks