Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2016, 17:31   #2176
BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How is Axisbank.I am looking for a credit card that gives the fuel surcharge waiver across all bunks.
They do give it back to me and also get back few portions of other expenses, 25% off on movie tickets for two each month etc
No issues with them so far. Been three or four years since I took their card.
Old 5th September 2016, 17:58   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
How is Axis bank for credit cards?

I am looking for a credit card that gives the fuel surcharge waiver across all bunks.
HDFC offers this and is infinitely better than Axis. I recently cancelled my Axis card after someone attempted to misuse it online.
Old 5th September 2016, 18:39   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Axis Signature Credit Card free for one year with their Burgundy Salary account. What's great about it? I would like to know myself.

In any case, their minimum annual spend to waive off the annual charges after the first free year is onerous and I don't see myself persevering with this card for too long, especially since their rewards program is so miserly.

I get "Buy One, Get One Free" at BookMyShow on the Burgundy debit card. It's not that big a deal for me as we don't usually watch too many movies. For fuel surcharge, my Citibank Indian Oil credit card works fine at the Indian Oil COCO outlet where I routinely fill up.

As @noopster recommends, I too have been leaning for sometime towards HDFC. In fact I tried earlier with HDFC, but somehow missed out on following it through.
Old 5th September 2016, 18:56   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Turns out she forgot to press Enter after keying in the amount. When I entered my PIN, that got appended to the amount that was already there.

Oh boy! That's a DANGEROUS situation. Please, change YOUR PIN IMMEDIATELY. Usually the situation is either too many zeroes or too few zeroes. PIN getting appended because ENTER key not pressed, warrants immediate change of PIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
HDFC offers this and is infinitely better than Axis. .
+1 to this. I have cancelled my HSBC and Kotak Cards after getting HDFC Regalia. Main reason, fuel surcharge waiver at ALL petrol bunks.

Last edited by haria : 5th September 2016 at 18:59.
Old 5th September 2016, 20:22   #2180
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am looking for a credit card that gives the fuel surcharge waiver across all bunks.
For Fuel surcharge waiver, Stanchart Super Value titanium is best. They refund entire surcharge + service tax (HDFC does not) , in addition one will get 2.5% additional cash back on fuel purchase. Plus 5% cash back on electricity bills and telephone bills also.
Only drawback is rewards points ( 1 per rs 100/-) on other transactions.
Every month cash back upto 500 rupees is possible( 200 on fuel 200 on electricyt bills, 100 on telephone bills)
Old 5th September 2016, 21:50   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
They refund entire surcharge + service tax (HDFC does not)
Huh? HDFC Card owner for > 5 years here. They refund everything. Not refunding the service tax would be illegal.
Old 5th September 2016, 22:10   #2182
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, guys

The Stanchard cards have annual fees too.

Stanchart Platinum rewards also looking good.

Axis Bank Platinum is another. Planning to visit Kotak & HDFC branches also, to talk to them.

Kotak Delight Platinum also looks ok, but for the 2k joining fee. Annual fee is 300.

One more feature I want is ease of payment - where I can drop a cheque. Kotak is closest. Axis Bank ATM network is wide.

Last edited by condor : 5th September 2016 at 22:12.
Old 5th September 2016, 22:51   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
+1 to this. I have cancelled my HSBC and Kotak Cards after getting HDFC Regalia. Main reason, fuel surcharge waiver at ALL petrol bunks.
HDFC Regalia have just recently stopped giving reward points for fuel purchases so I have switched to SBI Signature for my fuel purchases since both offer fuel surcharge waiver.
Old 6th September 2016, 02:09   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Recently I noticed in my SBI Credit Card that I was able to foreclose 1 loan out of 2. In HDFC, I had to close all the outstanding loans together and cannot close 1 at a time.

LOAN=EMI.

I also have lots of HDFC rewards points (around 40k), any way that can be used to turn to cash equivalent? Like PayTM, or a portion of the outstanding amount? Their rewards catalog is really boring.
Old 6th September 2016, 07:00   #2185
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

HDFC is one of the best bank credit cards in India.
ICICI used to be, but after 2008 when they went on this huge cutback because of massive losses via unsecured loans which were extended in their growth years 2000 to 2007, their credit cards are no longer as powerful nor desirable. However these make a good secondary credit card.
Old 6th September 2016, 08:18   #2186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
HDFC is one of the best bank credit cards in India.
ICICI used to be...
As someone who had received an ICICI credit card in 2003 and dumped it in 2006, I would differ with your opinion. Even in those days they were insufferable.

Ref your claim of "best card" - I'll swear by my Citibank cards any day. Especially when I have had to engage their customer service.
Old 6th September 2016, 08:40   #2187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
HDFC is one of the best bank credit cards in India..
I used to be a fan but not anymore.

I started with an ICICI card in 2003 and closed the account in 2006 due to low transactions ; got a HDFC gold card in 2006 and was coasting fine with small transactions till the bank became greedy in 2014 and thrust a Regalia card on me.

What unsettled me is

a) how they silently included a clause of Rs.x as annual charges if the spend was less than Rs.Y
b)trying to justify that they had done the right thing by replacing my old card with this one.

It might be an accepted banking practice to try and palm off better cards to clients without their consent but this didn't go down well with me.

I returned the card immediately and am happy to be creditcard-less since then.My debit card and net banking are more than enough for my on line transactions.
Old 6th September 2016, 08:58   #2188
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
As someone who had received an ICICI credit card in 2003 and dumped it in 2006, I would differ with your opinion. Even in those days they were insufferable.

Ref your claim of "best card" - I'll swear by my Citibank cards any day. Especially when I have had to engage their customer service.

Assessment based on personal experience and treatment. Its an opinion. Opinions differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I used to be a fan but not anymore.

I started with an ICICI card in 2003 and closed the account in 2006 due to low transactions ; got a HDFC gold card in 2006 and was coasting fine with small transactions till the bank became greedy in 2014 and thrust a Regalia card on me.

What unsettled me is

a) how they silently included a clause of Rs.x as annual charges if the spend was less than Rs.Y
b)trying to justify that they had done the right thing by replacing my old card with this one.

It might be an accepted banking practice to try and palm off better cards to clients without their consent but this didn't go down well with me.

I returned the card immediately and am happy to be creditcard-less since then.My debit card and net banking are more than enough for my on line transactions.
I do agree this is a slimy thing they did. Saying that, the Regalia is a powerful card in case your spend pattern justifies its usage and upkeep. It is particularly nice in terms of reward points accrual and the fact that one can burn off these points for good deals on travel/ ticketing via their Regalia site through goibibo.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:00   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, guys

The Stanchard cards have annual fees too.
have been using the Stanchart Super value titanium. yes they do have annual fees but promptly have been reversing mine upon my request. also they have been kind enough to reverse late payment fees a few times although it was my fault.

only 1 thing that bugged me sometime back was that for fuel purchases they had increased the min spend from Rs500 to Rs750 and their communication was not very clear. otherwise good card to have.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:06   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Recently I noticed in my SBI Credit Card that I was able to foreclose 1 loan out of 2. In HDFC, I had to close all the outstanding loans together and cannot close 1 at a time.

LOAN=EMI.

I also have lots of HDFC rewards points (around 40k), any way that can be used to turn to cash equivalent? Like PayTM, or a portion of the outstanding amount? Their rewards catalog is really boring.
I converted around 40K points and got only yatra vouchers worth 13K (Allmiles card). The conversion ratio seems to be pretty low. As far as I know, only the edge cards can be used for conversion to cash equivalent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks