Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2018, 22:58   #2926
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I am facing a strange issue with my Standard Chartered Manhattan credit card where it is working for all online transactions but having issues with swipe or chip payment method at retail stores and petrol bunks. I have to use my HDFC credit card after multiple tries, it says card invalid sometimes. Is anyone else facing similar issue?
I had this issue and turned out to be a issue with the card. I had to get a replacement card and it was all ok again.
Old 13th September 2018, 06:37   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a strange issue with my Standard Chartered Manhattan credit card where it is working for all online transactions but having issues with swipe or chip payment method at retail stores and petrol bunks. I have to use my HDFC credit card after multiple tries, it says card invalid sometimes. Is anyone else facing similar issue?
Not sure if yours is a new card. The magnetic strip dies when you put them near a mobile phone and the chip from frequent use.
Old 13th September 2018, 07:34   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
I had this issue and turned out to be a issue with the card. I had to get a replacement card and it was all ok again.
Thanks it seems to be an issue with card only. But that means the quality is not upto thr mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Not sure if yours is a new card. The magnetic strip dies when you put them near a mobile phone and the chip from frequent use.
It is a year old card. But my HDFC credit and debit card are quite older than this and were used much more times. Anyways I will get it replaced and see how long the new one holds.
Old 13th September 2018, 08:03   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But my HDFC credit and debit card are quite older than this and were used much more times.
The faulty card might have gotten exposed to a strong magnetic field or heat source. Might be inadvertently/unknowingly. Your bank will replace it for a nominal fee (which also they ought to waive).
Old 13th September 2018, 10:43   #2930
Team-BHP Support

Slightly off-topic but my ICICI chip debit card doesn't work at any ICICI ATMs, but perfectly fine at others. Never quite figures out how/why.
Old 13th September 2018, 11:12   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I am also facing this issue since last 2 months. The Standard Chartered Titanium works fine whenever the Manhattan fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Slightly off-topic but my ICICI chip debit card doesn't work at any ICICI ATMs, but perfectly fine at others. Never quite figures out how/why.
My ICICI chip card never worked in ICICI ATMs in last 4 years. I had raised the complaint initially and they suggested replacing the card, which was too much of a hassle. So I always used them in HDFC or SBI ATMs and I kind of got used to it. So its been 4 years since I visited an ICICI atm. I thought mine is a unique case but it looks like it is not. Are they trying to force users to use other ATMs? I have free unlimited withdrawal at other ATMs, so they are not gonna get any money from me for using 3rd party ATMs.

Last edited by Holyghost : 13th September 2018 at 11:16. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old 13th September 2018, 11:42   #2932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This happens when the magnetic stripe; which hold data; is damaged. Has happened with me a number of times. Talk to the Standard Chartered Help Line and get a replacement card.
Old 13th September 2018, 12:03   #2933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
...Are they trying to force users to use other ATMs? I have free unlimited withdrawal at other ATMs, so they are not gonna get any money from me for using 3rd party ATMs.
I wouldn't put shady tactics past them. Salary account privileges mean I can use whatever ATM I want without charge (and I don't use cash much anyway), so I never bothered replacing mine either.
Old 13th September 2018, 12:34   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The faulty card might have gotten exposed to a strong magnetic field or heat source. Might be inadvertently/unknowingly. Your bank will replace it for a nominal fee (which also they ought to waive).
Quote:
Yes, I am also facing this issue since last 2 months. The Standard Chartered Titanium works fine whenever the Manhattan fails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
This happens when the magnetic stripe; which hold data; is damaged. Has happened with me a number of times. Talk to the Standard Chartered Help Line and get a replacement card.
Maybe, but I store both cards in the same position in my wallet and always carry all cards together. Anyways not a big deal but it is quite embarrassing sometimes when people are waiting behind you and you are struggling with cards. I called Standard chartered executive today and ordered a replacement card which will be delivered within a week, free of cost.

Thank you all for taking out your time to reply.

Last edited by roby_dk : 13th September 2018 at 12:35. Reason: Quoting another post
Old 13th September 2018, 12:44   #2935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My ICICI chip card never worked in ICICI ATMs in last 4 years.[...] So its been 4 years since I visited an ICICI atm.
I had the same problem with my Citibank debit card - wouldn't work in any Citibank ATM; worked perfectly fine in all other banks' ATMs. Since Citi ATMs were few and far between and I had unlimited free transactions at all other ATMs anyway, never bothered. The card expired and they sent me a new card which didn't have this problem - it's been 3 years now.

So yeah, occasionally stuff happens.
Old 13th September 2018, 19:10   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...not a big deal but it is quite embarrassing sometimes when people are waiting behind you and you are struggling with cards.
Embarrassing indeed.

The blow is doubled when you generously give the card to your better half and it very conveniently refuses to work. Happened to me a few days ago when after I used it at Decathlon successfully, my wife couldn't - at a clothing store . Next day, it worked perfectly at a petrol pump and has been so till now .
Old 13th September 2018, 21:17   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Embarrassing indeed.

The blow is doubled when you generously give the card to your better half and it very conveniently refuses to work. Happened to me a few days ago when after I used it at Decathlon successfully, my wife couldn't - at a clothing store . Next day, it worked perfectly at a petrol pump and has been so till now .
Which card is this? Sounds like a unique security feature.
Old 14th September 2018, 07:49   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Which card is this? Sounds like a unique security feature.
It does?

It is pretty useless in that sense because SBI Card has also given an add on card in wife's name - gratis!
Old 18th September 2018, 11:54   #2939
BHPian

Guys, I had purchased a mobile phone on EMI from flip kart a few months back. Every month I have been paying the EMI amount. Three more months of EMI remains. Can I pay it in one shot when I get next month's statement?
Old 18th September 2018, 12:45   #2940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, I had purchased a mobile phone on EMI from flip kart a few months back. Every month I have been paying the EMI amount. Three more months of EMI remains. Can I pay it in one shot when I get next month's statement?
Yes, generally they allow prepayment. Call the card issuer's help line and tell them you want to prepay the loan. You may have to bear prepayment charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks