Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2019, 10:08   #3091
BHPian

Folks, I received HDFC Infinia card today. I've asked for Visa Infinia but the bank issued the MasterCard variant. Anyone aware of significant difference between the two? Should I insist on getting it changed?
Old 20th March 2019, 13:41   #3092
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Anyone dumping their JPMiles?
I redeemed my Miles for Flipkart vouchers (I am collecting Flipkart Plus Coins which give better value for me) for a paltry, INR 0.22 per JPMile.
I am also thinking of discontinuing my JetPrivilege Sapphiro cards but that can wait.
What is really sad is that these cards were really great value for me. With the BookMyShow 1+1 offers, lounge access, spend based vouchers and JPMiles collection, it was a really good fit for me.
I am looking for replacing this card with PremierMiles.
Any good cards which have the BMS offer (Visa Signature variants)?
Old 20th March 2019, 15:16   #3093
BHPian

I have SBI Prime card. Does the priority pass membership come free with card or do I need to pay? When I log into my account, it does say that I need to activate the membership but it is mum on charges. Please guide.
Old 20th March 2019, 15:50   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I have SBI Prime card. Does the priority pass membership come free with card or do I need to pay? When I log into my account, it does say that I need to activate the membership but it is mum on charges. Please guide.
Priority pass membership is free and it gives you 3 lounge visits (intl) per quarter I believe. You would need to activate the membership and they ship you a separate card which you need to carry for lounge visits.
Old 20th March 2019, 16:29   #3095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post

Priority Pass membership usually goes for around $99 (Rs. ~7,000) if you buy it directly.
However, most banks / credit card companies bundle this membership as a complimentary offering. Earlier, the membership allowed a certain number of free lounge visits at select Indian and international airports.

However, as per the recently revised rules they have rescinded complimentary access to airport lounges within India.

Access to airport lounges within India, under the Priority Pass membership, is now charged at $27 (Rs. ~1,890) + GST per person.

Many airport lounges also have a tie-up with MasterCard / Visa / Amex / Rupay.
Since these tie-ups are completely different from your Priority Pass membership - you may still be able to avail certain complimentary lounge visits under these tie-ups.

The number of complimentary visits however differ for each bank / credit card. I believe SBI Prime allows 2 visits per quarter to a Domestic Lounge under the MasterCard / Visa scheme.

Also note that complimentary access (if any) is only for the primary cardholder. Fellow travelers (family / friends) are likely to be charged the full rate.

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 20th March 2019 at 16:42.
Old 25th March 2019, 11:26   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Anyone dumping their JPMiles?

I am still holding on to my JP miles, looks like Jet Airways might scrape through. Fingers crossed.
Old 25th March 2019, 11:37   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I am still holding on to my JP miles, looks like Jet Airways might scrape through. Fingers crossed.
Seems like it. I have heard rumours that Naresh Goyal and his wife will step down from Jet.
But I guess, as a part of turnaround strategy, they will try to reduce all expenses and FF Miles are also (sadly) considered as expense.
I wouldn't be surprised to see devaluation in redemption options across.

I also have reservations about how a company will be run when the sense of ownership is missing in the minds of the owners. The owners have given huge loans and to recover these loans, they are pumping additional loans. God knows when the cycle will end.
Old 25th March 2019, 11:41   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Seems like it. I have heard rumours that Naresh Goyal and his wife will step down from Jet.
But I guess, as a part of turnaround strategy, they will try to reduce all expenses and FF Miles are also (sadly) considered as expense.
I wouldn't be surprised to see devaluation in redemption options across.

Very true, I am holding on to the last minute and will watch how things go then will take a call on redeeming the miles. AMEX and HDFC say business as usual with regards to selling Jet Airways co branded cards do banks know something in depth than consumers?
Old 25th March 2019, 12:16   #3099
BHPian

Any idea if Diners Club benefits are being extended beyond March 2019?
Old 25th March 2019, 14:44   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Very true, I am holding on to the last minute and will watch how things go then will take a call on redeeming the miles. AMEX and HDFC say business as usual with regards to selling Jet Airways co branded cards do banks know something in depth than consumers?
In most of the case the banks are not bothered as long as they can sell a card. I have and Indian Airlines Gold AMEX charge card. Even though the agreement between the airlines and AMEX has been scrapped after take over by Air India, the card is still there and it even has a special dedicated helpline number (they changed the name from Indian Airlines to Air India on the card). So as far as the banks are concerned, it is just a card, does not matter if Jet folds up the card remains, even if there are no airline benefits.

Last edited by Aroy : 25th March 2019 at 14:45.
Old 29th March 2019, 16:49   #3101
BHPian

Received an invite for Amazon Pay ICICI credit card ( A banner will be displayed in your amazon account with an option to apply) . Since I was an existing ICICI account holder it was just a three step process and my new amazon credit card got generated. Physical card will reach me in 7 days.
Old 29th March 2019, 18:06   #3102
Senior - BHPian

One of the most useful promotions for me - the Citibank debit card buy one, get one free offer on BMS, has vanished now. Bummer!
Old 31st March 2019, 18:36   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Any idea if Diners Club benefits are being extended beyond March 2019?
From HDFC Diners Club website - Diners 10X Rewards and SmartBUY 10X Rewards programs are getting revamped from 1 April 2019. The details will be updated in coming days.
Old 31st March 2019, 22:52   #3104
BHPian

So, this should be another winner from Apple.
https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/28/ho...ard-works/amp/

https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/25/ap...he-apple-card/
Old 31st March 2019, 23:53   #3105
BHPian

Apple Card

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks