Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 12:22   #3166
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Credit Card Thread

My ICICI Coral shows the annual fee charge and reversal on the same month's statement. Even the dates of the two are usually same or within a day or two of each other.
Old 15th May 2019, 15:32   #3167
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What I'm surprised is, SC actually refunded the whole amount (750 + GST); for another such issue with HDFC (regarding lounge access), I was told they won't refund GST.
Iam using this card since 2012. SC always refunds the GST or tax portion along with fuel surcharge. Same with annual fee also. In my case annual fee reversal will reflect in the very next month statement
Old 16th May 2019, 13:57   #3168
BHPian

Has anyone applied for Apple Card outside India?

With even PayTM releasing a credit card now, I guess Google would be the next one to jump in the bandwagon in India.

We already have Amazon Pay, Airtel wallet, etc. but without a credit card.
No idea how Samsung Pay works. Apple Pay isn't active in India anyhow (guess it'll take ~5 years to become active)
Old 16th May 2019, 15:48   #3169
BHPian

I have a HDFC credit card and this month, I forgot all about the bill pay and made a late payment. They put in a late fee and a finance charge totaling up to about 3k. Has anyone had any luck with getting this fee and finance charges reversed?
Old 16th May 2019, 16:27   #3170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I have a HDFC credit card and this month, I forgot all about the bill pay and made a late payment. They put in a late fee and a finance charge totaling up to about 3k. Has anyone had any luck with getting this fee and finance charges reversed?
If you have good credit history, you'll be able get the charges waived. I got my late charges waived once by writing email to customer services.
Old 17th May 2019, 08:00   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Ok so here is something stupid that has happened with my Stanchart Super Value Titanium - the card was sold to me saying an annual fee of Rs.750 + GST will be charged if my annual spend is less than Rs.60,000. I was not too fussed about this because my fuel expenses itself is usually more than that, for which I use the card primarily.

Now in my last statement, I see they charged me this annual fee and GST, so I called them up to ask what was my total spend on the card in the last 12 months. They tell me it is well over a lakh (which means I am not liable to pay the annual fee), but the annual fee is charged by default and it will be automatically waived off in 90 days.

Is this normal? I find it very strange. Why should I pay now (specially an amount which I am not supposed to pay in the first place) and then wait 90 days for it to be credited back? What if it is not credited back and I forget to follow up? This is an unnecessary headache.
Faced the exact same Issue 2 weeks ago when 750 was charged as Annual Fee even though my spends were close to 2L and the Fee Waiver was at 60000 spends, when i took the Card last year. I raised a Complaint via SC Portal but got a response that the Annual Fee s correctly charged for using the Card Services. Also, if we check the SC Website now, the SC SV Titanium Card does not show the Fee Waiver Section. Maybe they have discontinued it.
I then shot out an E-mail to the SC Nodal Officer and Retail Banking Head. IN a couple of days, i received a response about Annual Fee + GST Reversal and also the Card will be made LTF from now on till i hold this Card. So, Happy Ending.
Old 18th May 2019, 12:47   #3172
Senior - BHPian

On the topic of statement credits/refunds, this has been my experience:

1. HDFC bank: I have setup standing instruction for full payment. Payment is made always for the total amount due, ignoring any credits that have happened after statement generation.
2. Citibank: I have SI here as well, and what I have seen is that it only pays the actual amount due on the date of payment and not the due amount from statement. It adjusts all credits after statement was generated (cash backs, refunds etc) against total amount due. Citibank is better in this aspect than HDFC. I don't have an example of what happens if such credits exceed the total due, would it still make a payment of 'minimum amount due'? No idea!
3. Amex: Similar to Citi, I make only actual amount due on the date of payment. There was a case where I had a total due of 4000, and I used statement credit if 7500. I did not make any further payment for that month and it was enough.

So based on my experience with these three, Amex/Citi are ok with us paying just the balance, but HDFC wants us to pay total amount based on statement.
Old 19th May 2019, 11:06   #3173
BHPian

My RM in HDFC is offering an Infinia card. Given my spend habits, I would not be transacting the 8L/year in transactions, if fuel and wallet reloads are not considered.

The primary benefit I see from this is addon cards also get lounge access at airports.

The RM also claims this to be a lifetime free card, can you please suggest what I should check to avoid surprises with fine print.
Old 19th May 2019, 12:32   #3174
Senior - BHPian

I want to access airport lounge with my wife and 9 years old daughter.

I have 3 eligible cards:

1. HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card (Visa Signature)
2. Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card (Mastercard)
3. ICICI Bank Wealth Management World Debit Card (Mastercard) - My wife's card.

Will I face any problem if my daughter accesses the lounge with the card in my name?

Can I carry my friend's/brother's card to be on safer side?

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 19th May 2019 at 12:34.
Old 19th May 2019, 14:21   #3175
Senior - BHPian

Visa and Mastercard have different lounges at many airports example Banhalore so first check
that part. Also check if Mastercard debit gives lounge access or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

I have 3 eligible cards:

Will I face any problem if my daughter accesses the lounge with the card in my name?

Old 19th May 2019, 14:35   #3176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Visa and Mastercard have different lounges at many airports example Banhalore so first check
that part.
Thanks. It is Delhi T3 international airport. Any idea if it has different lounges for Visa and Mastercard or common?

Quote:
Also check if Mastercard debit gives lounge access or not.
I already mentioned I have three "eligible" cards out of 8-10 CCs/DCs I own.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 19th May 2019 at 14:38.
Old 20th May 2019, 14:03   #3177
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have 3 eligible cards:

Most lounges accept both Visa & Master card
But two master card in the name of one person swiped at the same lounge and same time?
I have seen lounge guys refusing entry in such cases.

Because, its the MC/Visa which pays charges.

MC obviously refuse payment, citing two swipes by same person
Please correct me, if it is worng
Old 20th May 2019, 14:09   #3178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Most lounges accept both Visa & Master card
But two master card in the name of one person swiped at the same lounge and same time?
I have seen lounge guys refusing entry in such cases.

Because, its the MC/Visa which pays charges.

MC obviously refuse payment, citing two swipes by same person
Please correct me, if it is worng
Thanks.

Fortunately, I will swipe Visa Signature and Axis Mastercard Credit Card for myself and and my daughter.

My wife will swipe her ICICI Mastercard debit card (from her saving account, in her name) independently. So, that's absolutely not a problem.

Will that be good enough?
Old 20th May 2019, 14:21   #3179
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Fortunately, I will swipe Visa Signature and Axis Mastercard Credit Card for myself and and my daughter.

My wife will swipe her ICICI Mastercard debit card (from her saving account, in her name) independently. So, that's absolutely not a problem.

Will that be good enough?

I reckon the card has to be in the customer's name that is availing the service. So in this case, you and your wife can swipe your respective cards but you need to pay for your daughter.
Old 20th May 2019, 14:24   #3180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I reckon the card has to be in the customer's name that is availing the service. So in this case, you and your wife can swipe your respective cards but you need to pay for your daughter.
Thanks.

Anyone else used his/her card for the kids?

Most Viewed