Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2019, 18:32   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

What card would you guys suggest for a monthly spend of 30k or so? Mostly on groceries, online shopping and such. Less/Nil on fuel and very rarely on flights.
Old 17th June 2019, 19:29   #3242
BHPian

My HDFC Regalia based Priority Pass expired last month, anyone knows about the steps to renew the Priority Pass for the primary as well as add on cardholder?
The application form can be used only to apply for a new card and not renewal.
Old 18th June 2019, 09:48   #3243
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody redeemed JPMiles for fuel at IOC outlets? Conversion ratio is 1:4, so at 25% it's better value compared amazon vouchers.
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:14   #3244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Separately, can anyone tell me whom do I contact for reconciling my Reward Points? The generic HDFC Bank customer care redirects me to their Eva platform which is unable to answer my queries.
In case you have a banking account with an Relationship manager, contact the same. The RM would help clarify the same.
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:30   #3245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
My HDFC Regalia based Priority Pass expired last month, anyone knows about the steps to renew the Priority Pass for the primary as well as add on cardholder?
Validity of the Priority Pass is based on the validity of the main card; so, if your Regalia has been re-issued (due to expiry), the PP will be re-issued as well. I got mine in the same envelope. Call Cust Care if you haven't received yours.
Old 24th June 2019, 00:26   #3246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
What card would you guys suggest for a monthly spend of 30k or so? Mostly on groceries, online shopping and such. Less/Nil on fuel and very rarely on flights.
Have an Amex Rewards Card for sure. Apart from that if you can manage HDFC Diners Black, that is very good.
Old 24th June 2019, 06:04   #3247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
You can look at CitiBank Rewards Credit Card. The annual fee is waived off if you spend Rs.30000 in a membership year. If you have long term membership with them, then even this condition of 30K spend is waived off.
Old 24th June 2019, 08:46   #3248
BHPian

I have a Regalia HDFC card. I have filled in an online form getting the Priority Pass. Do i need to do anything else? Also any idea how long will it take to process?
Old 29th June 2019, 19:22   #3249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Separately, can anyone tell me whom do I contact for reconciling my Reward Points? The generic HDFC Bank customer care redirects me to their Eva platform which is unable to answer my queries.
I've had quite prompt responses writing to "PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com"
Old 30th June 2019, 10:29   #3250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have filled in an online form getting the Priority Pass. Do i need to do anything else?
I had done the same last year and it took about three weeks for me to receive the priority pass.
Old 30th June 2019, 10:47   #3251
BHPian

I have an HDFC Infinia credit card and love the 10x points offer on online purchases. With it i get 1 point for every 3 rupee spent (normally its 1 for 30) and its 1:1 redemption in flight bookings is amazing. So in a way i get 33.33% discount for every online purchase (mainly amazon and flipkart).
Old 1st July 2019, 18:00   #3252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I had done the same last year and it took about three weeks for me to receive the priority pass.

Thank you! I received the card just now, really fast and impressed with HDFC's service here
Old 10th July 2019, 21:36   #3253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Has anybody redeemed JPMiles for fuel at IOC outlets? Conversion ratio is 1:4, so at 25% it's better value compared amazon vouchers.

Answering my own query - managed to redeem today at an IOC bunk. Conversion at 25% value, not bad.
Old 11th July 2019, 08:28   #3254
BHPian

Its been just over an year since I have being using the Amex Platinum Travel Card and wanted to share my experiences with you folks as I am quite happy with it.

I had a notion that Amex has low acceptance and hence was reluctant to go for it initially. However, took this leap of faith in May 2018. After using it for an year, I agree that the acceptance is lesser than the traditional MasterCard or Visa cards and hence I always carry my Regalia as back-up. However, I noticed only small stores and some restaurants do not accept it. Most big stores, grocery stores and fuel stations take it without a second glance. Overall, I would rate that 98% of the times I was able to complete the transactions using Amex.
Also, I have linked it to paytm and hence any street vendor shopping for fruits and vegetables also gets paid (indirectly) by Amex. Such a boon.

Online websites have much higher acceptance. Let me say 99.5% as just once I landed up on a website (UP Govt Education or something) which accepted MasterCard or Visa only.

The rewards are expense linked and for spending 4 Lacs in a year, these are around 15,000/- plus the reward points which you would gain. In my case, the reward points themselves added to about 10,000/- worth more. Not bad.

There is no membership waiver for it. However, when I had taken the card, they had some promotions running, making it free for first year. If not, they provide some joining bonus coupons and vouchers which neutralize the fees of 5,000/- + tax. So after the year got over, they charged me the fees and would not budge even if I told them I will cancel the card. Finally, through many negotiations and calls, I was able to strike a deal where I had to sacrifice some reward points (~2,500/- worth) and the fees was reversed.

There is also 1 domestic lounge visit per quarter and tie up with priority pass for International lounge visits (I do not recall the number).

And the icing on the cake is that Amex has a terrific referral program. You get 12000 points which is almost 5,000/- worth for every successful referral. Your referral gets the card free for first year with some joining points. I have already roped in two friends of mine.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 11th July 2019 at 08:30.
Old 16th July 2019, 09:42   #3255
BHPian

Hi All - need a suggestion - I have an international trip coming up. Should I buy USD currency notes or use the credit or debit card and withdraw the local currency - Jordian Dinar from ATMs there. I have HDFC Regalia Credit card and a normal Debit card. If not cards, then is bookmyforex.com a reliable option?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks