Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 11:17   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I am trying to use my HDFC REGALIA FIRST CC on the Amazon Prime sale for the 10% discount.
However the payment is getting declined. Any updates.
Old 6th August 2020, 11:43   #3767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I am trying to use my HDFC REGALIA FIRST CC on the Amazon Prime sale for the 10% discount.
Transactions on four HDFC cards in the family are getting declined; tried on Airtel, BigBasket, PayTM, Amazon so far. StanC went through without a hitch. My HDFC went through on SmartBuy though.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 11:50   #3768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Wasn't working since the morning. Just worked now. Try to use the "Retry payment" option from the Amazon order payment failed link. You'll have received an email and a SMS.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 12:14   #3769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Wasn't working since the morning. Just worked now. Try to use the "Retry payment" option from the Amazon order payment failed link. You'll have received an email and a SMS.
The retry payment link was not working for me. I had to cancel and reorder. This was last night using hdfc regalia.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 15:55   #3770
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I called up the HDFC customer care but couldn't get through to an operator.
Then I called the Amazon customer care and they confirmed that this issue is happening since today morning for all HDFC cards, due to their servers getting overloaded.

Finally after one hour, I retried and got through. Payment was successful.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 08:28   #3771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
I have a problem. I have an ICICI Platinum CC which expired in July 2020. ICICI Bank sent a replacement card through Delhivery on 8th July. But due to COVID 19, in Trivandrum it is a lockdown and courier services are suspended. My new card is not yet delivered to me till date, 5-8-2020. Only essentials are allowed to be home delivered (Medicines, Milk). My doubt is, since I have not received my new card, can I continue to use my old card which officially expired by July 31? Is there any mechanism that the old card gets de activated only when new card is registered and online PIN is generated?
I thought of making a small transaction with old card, but before that I thought i will post here and get feedback
If it is possible for you to go to bank branch, then call ICICI, ask them to recall the card and have it delivered to a branch near to you and then you can go collect the card there with a valid ID proof. This process will take approx 5 days.

I was asked for another ID proof other than PAN Card here in Bangalore when i had gone to collect my CC.

Last edited by shwetanshu : 9th August 2020 at 08:31.
shwetanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 13:07   #3772
BHPian

I have got Amex offer for 10% Discount on Flipkart for minimum transaction of Rs. 10000 and Rs. 2500 bring maximum discount. Anybody availed this offer kindly explain if it is on all items as terms and conditions do not mention anything and will it show before the final purchase that offer had been applied or applicable on item?
Old 12th August 2020, 13:41   #3773
Senior - BHPian

Can someone enlighten me as to the banks advantage in increasing my credit limit, or asking me to 'upgrade' to another card?

The 'increase your limit' EMails are reaching spam levels!

Sutripta
Old 12th August 2020, 13:58   #3774
BHPian

If you have spending in control then might as well take it. I think their strategy is if someone has higher limit then they might spend more than usual.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 14:05   #3775
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Not clear from my original post that I'm talking of two different banks.
Increase limit - HDFC Regalia.
Upgrade (to Elite) - SBI.

My spending is very much within control. Not just in terms of credit limits (rarely exceed half the limit), but also paid in full within due date. Me no revolver!

Sutripta

Last edited by Sutripta : 12th August 2020 at 14:08.
Old 12th August 2020, 14:38   #3776
BHPian

Wouldn't increased credit limit also impact our Credit score?

Maybe one's lending limits would be lower if one has multiple high spend limit credit cards, as it is increased liability.
Old 12th August 2020, 14:53   #3777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Can someone enlighten me as to the banks advantage in increasing my credit limit, or asking me to 'upgrade' to another card?
Have personally observed some catch hidden with these offers.
  • For one of my Life time free cards, the link to upgrade to a higher card variant had one T&C seeking confirmation for annual charges on the new card being applied for.
    Limit enhancement may invite charges. Do counter check the T&C's carefully.

From the bank's perspective, another benefit is allocation of additional credit limits (when they have excess liquidity) in the hope that you utilize it and end up rolling over the outstanding if the higher threshold now exceeds what you can pay in a month.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 10:27   #3778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post

The 'increase your limit' EMails are reaching spam levels!

Sutripta
1. Increasing the credit limit, benefits the bank if you use the available credit limit for purchases. With high enough limit you may be tempted to make very high value items and then opt either for revolving credit or EMI, which makes money for banks. If as you said you always pay in full (as I do) then the only advantage to banks is the charges they get from the merchant.

2. Upgrade is a trap. If you have a life time free card, any upgrade will result in annual charges which is to bank's benefit. Upgrade is only worth it if you can use the facilities the upgrade card gives, and even then the value of the services (discounts etc) should be more than the annual charges. Mostly the upgrades give you a better deal in airline tickets and hotels, but if you rarely travel or stay in hotels you never use the facilities to full.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 12:24   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Have personally observed some catch hidden with these offers.
  • For one of my Life time free cards, the link to upgrade to a higher card variant had one T&C seeking confirmation for annual charges on the new card being applied for.
    Limit enhancement may invite charges. Do counter check the T&C's carefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
2. Upgrade is a trap. If you have a life time free card, any upgrade will result in annual charges which is to bank's benefit.
Forewarned is forearmed. Thanks.

Sutripta
Old 13th August 2020, 13:24   #3780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Wouldn't increased credit limit also impact our Credit score?

Maybe one's lending limits would be lower if one has multiple high spend limit credit cards, as it is increased liability.
Increased credit limit is generally good for your credit score if your usage is low and other parameters are good (Home loans, past history etc). A person spending 2L out of 15L credit limit will have much better credit score than the person spending the same 2L on a card with 3L credit limit.

I have noticed my credit score increasing after a few months of credit limit increase. Also noticed credit score decrease after I cancelled a few unused credit cards.
Unfortunately for me, I only get offers for Credit limit increase and never get offers for Credit card upgrade. I am still holding ordinary platinum cards from Citi, HDFC and ICICI which I got 15 years ago and the credit limits have gone above 10L on each of these cards. But they wont upgrade my cards despite repeated requests. Cancelling the card will have a huge effect on my credit score and they know that. So they simply ignore my threats of cancellation.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks