Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 14:23   #4216
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 727
Thanked: 572 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
If you check the NetBanking option, the outstanding would've been transferred to the new card. If you have Bank account in that bank, then directly transfer to credit account.
Have done this for HDFC and ICICI.
Unfortunately replacement card has not been issued yet.

I contacted assigned relationship manager, who was assigned to me as "privileged customer" of the bank. No headway. I also contacted bank customer care but "exceeded number of attempts" within one phone call.
Guite is offline  
Old 10th March 2021, 14:33   #4217
Distinguished - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 6,163
Thanked: 10,483 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Now, I have pending bill on that card. My dilemma is: should I pay the bill quoting that card number, which is no longer active? If I can't pay to the card number account, what is the other option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogie View Post
yes you can pay. i have done this many times with cards from different banks. The new and blocked card share the same account.
Correct. Your core linkage stays the same even if the card number changes over the years. For example, I set up NEFT payees years ago to pay my credit cards from my various netbanking accounts. Even though the card numbers have changed multiple times over the years, I still pay the original payee and the payment gets through to the new card as usual.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 09:55   #4218
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 22 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Unfortunately replacement card has not been issued yet.
You can try checking in your online login account of credit card. Due to covid restrictions on courier, most banks are providing the complete card information ( card number, expiry, cvv) in the online account.
yogie is offline  
Old 11th March 2021, 12:19   #4219
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 727
Thanked: 572 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogie View Post
You can try checking in your online login account of credit card. Due to covid restrictions on courier, most banks are providing the complete card information ( card number, expiry, cvv) in the online account.
Credit cards get automatically integrated into banking account in the mobile app. After blocking it the card account vanished from the app. Anyway I could pay from the bill pay link that I had registered earlier, on same banking app.
Guite is offline  
Old 11th March 2021, 12:59   #4220
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 439
Thanked: 1,247 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Correct. Your core linkage stays the same even if the card number changes over the years. For example, I set up NEFT payees years ago to pay my credit cards from my various netbanking accounts.
Thank you very much. For two years I didn't know this and was paying through the card account website after my card number changed on renewal.
Today after seeing this I did a small amount transfer from my old CCard NEFT payee. It went through and credited to my CC account.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 08:59   #4221
BHPian
 
camitesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 240
Thanked: 656 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
I have 7 credit cards with various benefits from airport lounge access to air miles and so on.

Is anyone using any one of the above mentioned cards or any other fuel card which is turning out to be a good deal overall? If yes, then would be happy to know about it!
Using Citi Indian Oil card since few years and a big con I just realised after my last interstate trip is that the surcharge waiver is applicable only at select Indian oil pumps. This is very clearly mentioned in their T&Cs but I missed it out somehow and have been fueling up across Indian oil pumps in various states and paying decent surcharge all the while and not earning any major turbo points as well. Also this card needs to be used only on a specific POS card swipe machine at the listed indian oil pumps for getting the turbo points and surcharge waiver. Most of the times this POS machine is not functioning/available if you ask the fuel pump attendants to swipe you card after you fill up (what works is ask them before filling if Citibank card swipe machine is working) and you end up swiping on other machines with no benefits.

In summary, get this card if you mostly fill up from listed partner petrol pumps only else look elsewhere to other options, atleast the one's which waive surcharge across fuel stations. I for one absolutely don't want to pay any additional surcharge on top of the already ridiculous excise and VAT we pay on the fuel while this is easily avoidable with most cards.
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 09:16   #4222
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 137
Thanked: 328 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post

the surcharge waiver is applicable only at select Indian oil pumps.

Also this card needs to be used only on a specific POS card swipe machine at the listed indian oil pumps for getting the turbo points and surcharge waiver. Most of the times this POS machine is not functioning/available...
My 2p:
Stay away from such selective T&C's and use a card with standard acceptance / waivers across all pumps.

Many a time such conditions placed are a hint towards impending future dispute.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 13:14   #4223
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 274
Thanked: 217 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Using Citi Indian Oil card since few years and a big con I just realised after my last interstate trip is that the surcharge waiver is applicable only at select Indian oil pumps. This is very clearly mentioned in their T&Cs but I missed it out somehow and have been fueling up across Indian oil pumps in various states and paying decent surcharge all the while and not earning any major turbo points as well. Also this card needs to be used only on a specific POS card swipe machine at the listed indian oil pumps for getting the turbo points and surcharge waiver.
Hey this system has been changed long back. Now you can get your CITI IOC Card swiped on any bank POS machines and your surcharge will be reversed and you can earn 4Pts/Rs.150 spent on fuel. The only condition is it has to be an IOC outlet. The earlier system was applicable cos redemption of reward points for fuel was using only CITI POS machines but now if you are filling fuel for less than the points that you have accumulated you get a sms to redeem the same. If opted, cashback of the exact amount is credited in your card account thus making that particular fuel fill free.

Initially I was of the same impression as you then called CITI helpline got it cleared by checking the points that were credited for each transaction.
smrtdvl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 13:32   #4224
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 727
Thanked: 572 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

I got another HDFC Bank upgrade offer to Millennia card. This time I could grab the offer because I could finally identify the correct login page for credit cards. Apparently I was trying to login to bank account section on previous attempts.

You land up at common HDFC portal first and then branch out from there. It gets confusing if you don't observe closely. SBI is simple because you head straight to sbicard.com. No confusion with Citi card either.

For ICICI I have not tried logging in to credit card netbanking in a long time because any new card gets linked automatically to my banking account mobile app. So no need to login separately. That's very convenient. However I have found their customer care lethargic lately, particularly wrt the card that I had blocked.

Coming back to Millennia card, the card look plain and simple. I have not received physical card yet, just looking at online images. SBI card looks awesome. HDFC Visa Signature card of 2016 also looks classy.
Guite is offline  
Old 13th March 2021, 15:31   #4225
BHPian
 
camitesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 240
Thanked: 656 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hey this system has been changed long back. Now you can get your CITI IOC Card swiped on any bank POS machines and your surcharge will be reversed and you can earn 4Pts/Rs.150 spent on fuel. The only condition is it has to be an IOC outlet.

Initially I was of the same impression as you then called CITI helpline got it cleared by checking the points that were credited for each transaction.
By IOC outlet if you mean COCO pumps than I agree but those are far and few. My January statement has charges from six Indian Oil pumps all across Gujarat and surcharge has been reversed only for one of them. And yes I did speak to the Citi Customer Care and I was told surcharge reversal is applicable only for listed IOC outlets and they courteously even offered to find the outlets closer to me so I can avoid surcharge

This is also stated very simply on their website now. See the picture below. I'm not sure if it's a recent update but do check once again.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_20210313151852.jpg  

camitesh is offline  
Old 14th March 2021, 05:41   #4226
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: World
Posts: 122
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I got another HDFC Bank upgrade offer to Millennia card. This time I could grab the offer because I could finally identify the correct login page for credit cards. Apparently I was trying to login to bank account section on previous attempts.

You land up at common HDFC portal first and then branch out from there. It gets confusing if you don't observe closely. SBI is simple because you head straight to sbicard.com. No confusion with Citi card either.

I am puzzled! For me the HDFC Bank netbanking affords a seamless experience across all my accounts with them, including cards, -- no need to log in to different sections of the portal! Is it possible that your card is not "registered" by you?
.
meerkat is offline  
Old 14th March 2021, 08:56   #4227
Senior - BHPian
 
speedmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,255
Thanked: 5,595 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hey this system has been changed long back. Now you can get your CITI IOC Card swiped on any bank POS machines and your surcharge will be reversed and you can earn 4Pts/Rs.150 spent on fuel. The only condition is it has to be an IOC outlet. The earlier system was applicable cos redemption of reward points for fuel was using only CITI POS machines but now if you are filling fuel for less than the points that you have accumulated you get a sms to redeem the same. If opted, cashback of the exact amount is credited in your card account thus making that particular fuel fill free.

Initially I was of the same impression as you then called CITI helpline got it cleared by checking the points that were credited for each transaction.
Citi IOCL card has gone to dogs. Most of the IOC outlets have switched to HDFC and do not even keep Citi EDC machine. This means no surchage waiver and no additional points. Also you cannot redeem the points for fuel.

My FiL has this card and he is tried at more than 8 IOC stations to redeem fuel. All say the same thing, no Citi EDC machine to redeem points. All these outlets are listed in Citi website as authorized outlets for redeeming points.
speedmiester is offline  
Old 14th March 2021, 09:05   #4228
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 727
Thanked: 572 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I am puzzled! For me the HDFC Bank netbanking affords a seamless experience across all my accounts with them, including cards, -- no need to log in to different sections of the portal! Is it possible that your card is not "registered" by you?
.
I had registered it myself. I even choose my own user name.

Currently my login steps are:
1. Open HDFCBank.com
2. Click Login
3. Choose "Credit card login" on next page
4. Click on "continue to netbanking" on next page

Step 4 is critical, at least for me. Default option on that page is "netbanking". Choosing that does not work.

I do not have any other account with HDFC.
Guite is offline  
Old 14th March 2021, 11:04   #4229
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,193
Thanked: 4,392 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
4. Click on "continue to netbanking" on next page

Step 4 is critical, at least for me.
Have you tried bookmarking this page (the one that comes after #4) and using that to directly reach the login page from next time onwards?

(I have done this for my netbanking login - otherwise same steps with a different choice at #3).
binand is online now  
Old 14th March 2021, 16:16   #4230
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 727
Thanked: 572 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Have you tried bookmarking this page (the one that comes after #4) and using that to directly reach the login page from next time onwards?
Thanks for the tip. Done bookmarking and even tested with a password manager. Now it is very convenient and faultless.
Guite is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks