Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 11:20   #4531
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik1992 View Post
I get emails almost every week from HDFC to pay rent via NoBroker/Cred. Used to be Redgirraffe (RG) earlier. I just continued with RG cause the charges were not super high and their support is superb.
If you are paying additional charges (however little) and don't earn points, what is the advantage of paying through a third party? Wouldn't a scheduled NEFT be much better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
So my question is should i be paying the entire due amount for my latest statement or can i pay short, to the tune of the credit of the 40k charge?
Technically you need not pay the full amount. But to be on the safer side, call customer care and inform so that any penalty if wrongly added, can be reverted.
Old 16th June 2021, 11:45   #4532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
If you are paying additional charges (however little) and don't earn points, what is the advantage of paying through a third party? Wouldn't a scheduled NEFT be much better?
I agree. And hence the post to see if it’s just happening with me or others as well. I must say that this amount must have been counting towards the spend targets because I have received the bonus points for spending over 5L a year. Rent contributes to anywhere between 40-60% of my usual monthly statement. If it wasn’t counted towards it there’s no way I would have qualified for it.

Also, I combed through my statements for the last 10-12 months and I have regularly received 1000+ points. Even for months where the bill was 30-32,000 (Of which rent constitutes almost 2/3rd the amount) So, my assumption is that the rent payment used to give me the points. Something however changed in the last two months since they started itemising the reward points accrual.

All of this could have been easily clarified if they had human customer care or at the least a webpage which transparently explains what’s covered and what’s not.
Old 16th June 2021, 18:11   #4533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik1992 View Post
Thought the privilege must be reserved for the Infinia/DCB cardholders or like some super high networth individuals.
I am an Imperia account holder with an RM. Every time I login to HDFC Netbanking I see their name + email + phone scrolling at the bottom of the screen. But no email I have sent to that address in the last 1+ year has been replied to (probably not even been read by a human).

Previously I used to get a once-a-year call from the RM (around Feb/March) checking if I have any investments to make or insurance to take. Now that also is not happening. HDFC doesn't care.
binand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 18:57   #4534
Senior - BHPian

Anybody using Standard Chartered card here?

Earlier for redeeming reward points there used to be quite a few options in electronics, household items etc. But now I don't see those any more? Is it the same for others too?
Old 16th June 2021, 20:00   #4535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Which StanC card are you using?

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2021 at 22:54. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 17th June 2021, 08:45   #4536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Which StanC card are you using?
Its Platinum rewards
Old 17th June 2021, 18:03   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Using Manhattan cards. Yes, When I checked about 2 weeks back I did not find many options other than gift cards.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2021 at 22:54. Reason: Quote trimmed. Spacing fixed.
Old 18th June 2021, 03:12   #4538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Earlier for redeeming reward points there used to be quite a few options in electronics, household items etc. But now I don't see those any more? Is it the same for others too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Using Manhattan cards. Yes, When I checked about 2 weeks back I did not find many options other than gift cards
I was using Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum since 2010. But over the years their points, rewards, cashbacks, offers became very poor (in comparison to other banks). On top of that, in last two years, SCB denied the waiver on Annual Fees, even though my spending way above the minimum limit. However, it was their rude customer support that really pissed me off.

So, last year I moved to SBI Prime Credit Card. It's reward program and offers are quite good. Let's see how it goes in long run.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 17:40   #4539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
So, last year I moved to SBI Prime Credit Card. It's reward program and offers are quite good. Let's see how it goes in long run.
I am also looking to go for another one. Looking at Axis Flipkart and ICICI Amazon one, latter being free of annual charges/joining fees can be had anyways without much thought. Axis Flipkart gives lounge access in major airports, unlimited 5% cashback on Flipkart/Myntra purchases & 1.5% cashback on other spends.

Only issue is both don’t give any benefits for fuel bills.

Any suggestions on what other cards can be looked at? My annual spend on CC is ~4L. TIA

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2021 at 22:53. Reason: Spacing fixed.
Old 18th June 2021, 17:47   #4540
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on what other cards can be looked at? My annual spend on CC is ~4L. TIA
Take Amazon one and use it only on Amazon. Doesn't cost you anything and keeps getting you 5% cashback on purchases from Amazon. For other needs you can explore other credit cards.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2021 at 22:53. Reason: Typos fuxed, Quote trimmed.
Old 18th June 2021, 19:00   #4541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ICICI Amazon one, latter being free of annual charges/joining fees can be had anyways without much thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Take amazon one and use it only on Amazon. Doesn't cost you anything and keeps getting you 5% cashback on purchases from amazon. For other needs you can explore other credit cards.
I too applied for Amazon ICICI card this December. Totally paperless process - application linked to Aadhaar, video KYC and only one door step verification. Card was delivered within a week.
Old 18th June 2021, 22:49   #4542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too applied for Amazon ICICI card this December. Totally paperless process - application linked to Aadhaar, video KYC and only one door step verification. Card was delivered within a week.
I tried applying for one 3-4 hours back though Amazon app and there was literally no verification. Just asked for address details,office email and generated a card. But credit limit only 40k. Can’t even buy a phone if I wish to without making part payment with other sources

Moreover it said to add the card to my icici iMobile app and within 60 mins cvv and all would be visible in the app. Been 3 hours, neither the card is added nor I see any cvv

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th June 2021 at 22:51.
Old 19th June 2021, 00:01   #4543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried applying for one 3-4 hours back though Amazon app and there was literally no verification. Just asked for address details,office email and generated a card. But credit limit only 40k. Can’t even buy a phone if I wish to without making part payment with other sources

Moreover it said to add the card to my icici iMobile app and within 60 mins cvv and all would be visible in the app. Been 3 hours, neither the card is added nor I see any cvv
Have patience dear friend, this is new process of instantly issuing credit cards (i.e. 1~2 working days).

A potential customer wants a card, he gets a e-card almost instantly; though with a lesser credit limit. Now, the customer is engaged, won't be searching for other banks. Most people won't spend 40k with first few days. In the meantime, credit worthiness of customer is ascertained. Credit limit is increased accordingly. I say this is really smart. Probably, Amazon came up with this idea.

Infact, I also got a limited credit limit initially (IIRC, mine was also 40k), which was later increased. I forgot to mention earlier as it was temporary.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 00:11   #4544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have patience dear friend, this is new process of instantly issuing credit cards (i.e. 1~2 working days).
Well they should just mention that. Nobody would bother checking. It was clearly mentioned everything will be activated in 60 mins, hence the question here about other’s experience. And yes I had to buy a phone worth 70k, hence was checking. Anyways never mind, will see when it activates.

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th June 2021 at 00:13.
Old 19th June 2021, 12:46   #4545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Amex MRCC had announced a bonus of 1000 points for spends made for more than 20k per calendar month. This was an enrolment based option and I had enrolled in it as soon as I saw the option.
But I have not received the bonus for the last 2 months. Anybody received this? I am getting the bonus 1000 points for the 4 transactions of 1500. This was supposed to be over and above that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The 1000 Bonus Points for the new 20,000 Rs. milestone will be credited at the end of the subsequent month. So the 1000 Bonus Points for the Month of April-2021 will be posted by end of May-2021.
Anyone got this additional 1000 MR points for 20,000 spend milestone?
It says this for me in the account:
Quote:
Indicative Bonus 0MR on completing INR 20k spend MRCC
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks