Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 11:29   #4636
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
You can find information about HDFC bank offers from this website, https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/.
Some highlights...
1) 5x reward points when you shop from Amazon, https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/?amazon=true
2) 3x reward points when you shop from FK, https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/?flipkart=true
3) 10x reward points when you buy Insta Vouchers worth Rs5000 each from Amazon (https://www.gyftr.com/instantvoucher...-gift-vouchers) and FK (https://www.gyftr.com/instantvoucher...-gift-vouchers), per month.
I was asking about the 5x on fuel purchase for diners black as I cant find any thing on that.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 11:30   #4637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
I was asking about the 5x on fuel purchase for diners black as I cant find any thing on that.
I am sorry, I realized that after posting my message. Yes, as of now, i am not aware of any offers on fuel from HDFC CC.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 12:37   #4638
BHPian

I had applied for Amazon Pay ICICI credit card & the same has been approved. The card is automatically added in amazon account but i have not got any cvv nor i have received any mail/sms with full card number(amazon is showing only last 4 digits). In such scenario how can i activate online transactions & generate pin without getting the card physically?
Old 28th July 2021, 12:40   #4639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I had applied for Amazon Pay ICICI credit card & the same has been approved. The card is automatically added in amazon account but i have not got any cvv nor i have received any mail/sms with full card number(amazon is showing only last 4 digits). In such scenario how can i activate online transactions & generate pin without getting the card physically?
You should be getting a physical card too. Once you it, you should have it all up and running. Also I can see the card number and cvc etc on the iMobilePay app. Have you tried to register via this app?
Old 28th July 2021, 12:49   #4640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
You should be getting a physical card too. Once you it, you should have it all up and running. Also I can see the card number and cvc etc on the iMobilePay app. Have you tried to register via this app?
I am not getting any option of adding credit card in imobile app. I don't have any account in ICICI maybe that's why.
Old 28th July 2021, 12:55   #4641
BHPian

Sorry for not searching the thread to see whether its already answered.

I will be travelling tomorrow with a stop0ver at Delhi. My wife has HDFC millennia card which allows lounge access.

Can somebody let me know whether I can use her card to get lounge access. We do not foresee any travel for this year and hence that is going to go waste otherwise.

Thank you in advance
Girish
Old 28th July 2021, 13:28   #4642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Sorry for not searching the thread to see whether its already answered.

I will be travelling tomorrow with a stop0ver at Delhi. My wife has HDFC millennia card which allows lounge access.

Can somebody let me know whether I can use her card to get lounge access. We do not foresee any travel for this year and hence that is going to go waste otherwise.

Thank you in advance
Girish
Short answer: NO. Only the card user can get access.

BUT if she is travelling with you and she already has access to the lounge with another card, she can request the attendant to let her use this card for you access.

I have used this in a Bombay domestic lounge. I had three cards that allowed me access to the same lounge. So I used the remaining two get couple of my friends in. It's a hit or miss.

Without her, I don't think this will work at all.

Last edited by click : 28th July 2021 at 13:30. Reason: added more info & spelling
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 20:16   #4643

I have been holding icici platinum credit card for more than 20 years and diligently paying my bills without default. I never got the offer to enhance my limit which is few thousands which is not sufficient for my usage. Tried calling customer care and they offered to upgrade with a joining charge of 500/- for a new card which I declined. How do I get my limit enhanced? I prefer to have icici card only as I have savings account with them.

On a side note, I also have been offered pre approved IDFC First Wealth card as I also have savings account with them. If anybody using this card, would be kind enough to share feedback?
Old 28th July 2021, 21:19   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahi View Post
I have been holding icici platinum credit card for more than 20 years and diligently paying my bills without default. I never got the offer to enhance my limit. How do I get my limit enhanced? I prefer to have icici card only as I have savings account with them.
My salary credits into my ICICI account and they've set the credit limit accordingly and I'm more than satisfied. If ICICI isn't your salary account, a F2F meeting with reps at the branch will help.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 23:51   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
I have been holding icici platinum credit card for more than 20 years and diligently paying my bills without default. I never got the offer to enhance my limit which is few thousands which is not sufficient for my usage. Tried calling customer care and they offered to upgrade with a joining charge of 500/- for a new card which I declined. How do I get my limit enhanced? I prefer to have icici card only as I have savings account with them.
You should see the limit enhancement option in the internet banking>>cards section. I am surprised ICICI hasn't increased your limit. I also have salary account with them and use their cards (Amazon Pay, Accelero and HPCL AMEX CORAL card) but frankly, the rewards are meagre and hence have shifted my spending to HDFC Regalia.

Last edited by bblost : 29th July 2021 at 00:58. Reason: added end of quote tag.
Old 29th July 2021, 12:54   #4646
BHPian

Quote:

On a side note, I also have been offered pre approved IDFC First Wealth card as I also have savings account with them. If anybody using this card, would be kind enough to share feedback?
You can easily get HDFC Regalia or HSBC Platinum and eventually your clubbed limit of 2 cards should be closer to your desired limit. No joining/annual charges on either as per my experience.
huntrz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 15:19   #4647
BHPian

Quote:
How do I get my limit enhanced? I prefer to have icici card only as I have savings account with them.
I'm kind of disappointed with ICICI for my credit limit too. Been using Amazon ICICI CC since 2 years but never got an increase in the credit limit. Recently, I contacted the customer care and they initially said your credit record is pretty good, so just provide us your last 3 months payslip. However, when I provided them the payslips they declined citing it is already at the maximum limit. Whereas HDFC Bank increased my credit card limit twice over the 2 years and it stands at almost double the limit of what I have at ICICI.

Anyways you could try contacting the customer care or send them an email with your request.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 17:15   #4648
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What works for me is when they contact asking to increase the limit. You dont need any documentation in that case. I recieve calls regularly from my bank to increase the limit.

If you approach them, I think they feel you will max out and not pay back. So they make it difficult or impossible to increase the limit.
Old 29th July 2021, 18:13   #4649
Senior - BHPian

My post is a little OT in here - offlate, I'm thinking of giving up credit cards altogether & get back to live with real cash & debit cards as I really don't see any benefit of these points getting accumulated.

These reward points are cleverly designed; people who has conscious spending effort find the value on the other end of reward spectrum & the folks who spend a lot are beyond the rewards spectrum.

And these days with good credit history any bank can yield a loan for any such emergency; debit cards are more than sufficient & everyone comes up with their own monetary forms as well; so it's either cash or UPI is what I feel.

Is there any value for credit card in 2021, well nearly 2022?
Old 29th July 2021, 18:47   #4650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Is there any value for credit card in 2021, well nearly 2022?
As long as HDFC runs this 10x/5x/3x reward points (and I wish they never end this program), I will keep using my HDFC DB CC for everything I buy from Amazon and FK.
Every month, I do keep buying 5k gift cards each from Amazon and FK through DB CC and covert the resulting reward points onto Rs1650 Amazon Pay GV.
So, at least for this purpose alone, I don’t want to move away from my HDFC CC 😊
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks