Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 09:36   #4996
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Sharing my experience of recent international credit card usage. I carried HDFC, ICICI & Std Chartered cards. Had enabled international transactions with healthy spend limits and also informed the respective banks before departure of the countries I planned to use them in.

From a conversion perspective SC was ~15p more than HDFC & ICICI, but, largely quite reasonable. SC Ultimate returns a 1.5% cashback, so was a bit upset when the primary card stopped within a few transactions stating security reasons. Fortunately I have a supplementary card, quickly enabled and it worked occasionally being again rejected several times due to security reasons. ICICI did well but like SC choked often.

Big thanks to HDFC, never let me down, never choked. They would promptly call when I attempted big transactions and authorised them at the 2nd attempt. Being Visa, I was able to make payments via Gpay NFC, much needed to contain fraud.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 10:43   #4997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Being Visa, I was able to make payments via Gpay NFC, much needed to contain fraud.
Can you elaborate more on this? Sorry but I am not aware that GPay could be used across the globe and hence the query.

If yes, then how does it work?
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 10:45   #4998
BHPian

Anybody know if the normal Infinia and the new Infinia Metal actually have any differences?
Old 10th November 2021, 11:30   #4999
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone on the forum have an experience of using the CRED app ? How does it work practically ? Any data safety issues ?
Old 10th November 2021, 11:42   #5000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Does anyone on the forum have an experience of using the CRED app ? How does it work practically ? Any data safety issues ?
I use it regularly. Accumulated a lot of points too, which seem useless to me but a lot of friends say they got some good offers. Used those points to donate around 80L of oxygen during the second wave.

No issues with the app so far either in terms of safety.

How does it work: You map your card, pay bills every month using either UPI or debit card, etc. and get points. Use points to get discounts on different things ranging from electronics to shaving kits, jewelry etc.
Old 12th November 2021, 14:53   #5001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Anybody know if the normal Infinia and the new Infinia Metal actually have any differences?
Difference in terms of features?
There are none.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 08:22   #5002
Senior - BHPian

I am facing with paying for LinkedIn subscription which is mapped to my HDFC credit card. Since the new RBI regulations kicked in, the card was charged as usual.
LinkedIn have not been helpful and so is HDFC as I cannot seem to connect with a customer care executive.

Anyone faced this issue and any solutions for this?
Old 16th November 2021, 08:38   #5003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I am facing with paying for LinkedIn subscription which is mapped to my HDFC credit card.

Anyone faced this issue and any solutions for this?
Same here. LinkedIn I think has totally mucked up the transition. In my case the linked card was from Citi. They did the Rs. 2 transaction etc. OK, but couldn't manage the renewal charge around early October. Nothing I did could help here. I eventually cancelled my Premium and signed up again for it, this time with a different card (HDFC) - the one month trial is ending in another week but now reading your post I'm skeptical they'll manage to do the right thing this time round either.
Old 16th November 2021, 08:51   #5004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Same here. LinkedIn I think has totally mucked up the transition. In my case the linked card was from Citi. They did the Rs. 2 transaction etc. OK, but couldn't manage the renewal charge around early October. Nothing I did could help here. I eventually cancelled my Premium and signed up again for it, this time with a different card (HDFC) - the one month trial is ending in another week but now reading your post I'm skeptical they'll manage to do the right thing this time round either.
Absolutely, I tried with multiple cards and none have worked. LinkedIn is useless in helping us out.
I cannot cancel my subscription as I will be losing a lot of data which is important for me.
Old 16th November 2021, 13:21   #5005
BHPian

I am facing this issue with 'ICICI Amazon Pay' CC on Uber rides. The booking is done on Uber with my 'ICICI Amazon Pay' CC and once the ride is completed it is unable to deduct the amount from CC and I have to manually do the same all over again.

Is there any workaround for the same? Why is this happening?
Old 16th November 2021, 14:57   #5006
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
...Why is this happening?
Isn't that two-factor-authentication at work? I've always had to complete the transaction manually afterwards with both my personal Visa and corporate AMEX card on separate Uber profiles.
Old 16th November 2021, 15:37   #5007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Isn't that two-factor-authentication at work? I've always had to complete the transaction manually afterwards with both my personal Visa and corporate AMEX card on separate Uber profiles.
Once the ride is completed, it pops a message 'Payment Failed'.
What's the point in providing the CC as the default payment option and storing CC details?

Is there anyway, we can disable the 2FA for 'Uber' transactions?
Old 16th November 2021, 16:26   #5008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's because it needs another manual step to complete the transaction. It does the same if you tag a UPI handle as payment method, you'll have to complete the transaction in your UPI app.

Quote:
What's the point in providing the CC as the default payment option and storing CC details?
Save a few clicks instead of adding the info each time, same as we do on online shopping portals.

Quote:
...Is there anyway, we can disable the 2FA for 'Uber' transactions?
It's an RBI mandate, so no, can't be disabled or bypassed.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:17   #5009
BHPian

Quote:

Is there anyway, we can disable the 2FA for 'Uber' transactions?
Is there any specific reason why you are not using paytm or Amazon pay?
Old 16th November 2021, 21:41   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Is there any specific reason why you are not using paytm or Amazon pay?
NO particular reason as such. As I got this ICICI APay CC recently, so wanted to charge as much as possible to this card and also gain the cashbacks.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks