Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 11:15   #5026
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have a Regalia card that I got recently. I used it to pay LIC insurance premium, I noticed that reward points are not credited. Will there be a delay or is it under exemption list. Please clarify
electraboy is offline  
Old 22nd November 2021, 11:43   #5027
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
The additional reward points for the month of October (plus couple of transactions from November as well) got credited today.
I also received below sms today, though I haven't really checked whether I got all the expected points.

4440 Reward Points credited to your HDFC Bank Credit Card ending XXXX on 21/NOV/2021 towards SmartBuy October 21. Chat to check total points bit.ly/37q
Everlearner is online now  
Old 22nd November 2021, 11:45   #5028
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 262
Thanked: 444 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I also received below sms today, though I haven't really checked whether I got all the expected points.

4440 Reward Points credited to your HDFC Bank Credit Card ending XXXX on 21/NOV/2021 towards SmartBuy October 21. Chat to check total points bit.ly/37q
Same here, I got the SMS few minutes back. And I do keep track of all the reward points that I am supposed to get and I did find the points credited to be correct.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 21:31   #5029
BHPian
 
lordtottuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: MEL & MAA
Posts: 25
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Got my Diners Club Black upgraded today. Was supposed to go to the Infinia metal directly but after a bunch of screwups from my branch, had to use the normal Infinia for a couple of weeks before getting upgraded.

Upgrade just went through, confirmed with the HDFC mobile app and now just waiting for the package to arrive. It's a little worrying how much I'm looking forward to this. Turns out I never really grew up after all!
lordtottuu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 00:48   #5030
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 381
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
Got my Diners Club Black upgraded today. Was supposed to go to the Infinia metal directly but after a bunch of screwups from my branch, had to use the normal Infinia for a couple of weeks before getting upgraded.

Upgrade just went through, confirmed with the HDFC mobile app and now just waiting for the package to arrive. It's a little worrying how much I'm looking forward to this. Turns out I never really grew up after all!
Why Metal Infinia? You end up paying 2500 Rs + Taxes more every year (Unless you spend enough to reach the spend based fee waiver) just for the Metal form factor. All features remain the same between PVC and Metal Infinia.

Now even the designs are same between Metal and PVC Infinia.
tejas08 is offline  
Old 28th November 2021, 01:44   #5031
BHPian
 
lordtottuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: MEL & MAA
Posts: 25
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Why Metal Infinia? You end up paying 2500 Rs + Taxes more every year (Unless you spend enough to reach the spend based fee waiver) just for the Metal form factor. All features remain the same between PVC and Metal Infinia.

Now even the designs are same between Metal and PVC Infinia.
All my main spends have always been on the HDFC cards. Iíve never had to pay the annual fee in years so thatís not an issue.

Honestly, will accept that obtaining the card is more of an ego appeasement thing. The metal Infinia is the apex predator of the lot and I wanted it.

I actually got the PVC card for a few days before the metal and trust me, the PVC version is incredibly staid. The text is printed, not embossed and the design looks very prosaic on plastic. In comparison, the earlier design on PVC looks great. The metal version looks and feels much better.

But I do concur with the core of your argument. If one has the PVC and will need to pay the annual fee, thereís no rational reason to upgrade.
lordtottuu is online now  
Old 29th November 2021, 15:12   #5032
AZT
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bombay
Posts: 578
Thanked: 2,119 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

I had picked up 10,000 worth of Amazon vouchers and was supposed to get 10% cashback but have only got 5% which is 500. The customer care guys are clueless and I'm supposed to mail some support ID now. It's always a pain dealing with HDFC customer care.
AZT is offline  
Old 29th November 2021, 15:41   #5033
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 262
Thanked: 444 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I had picked up 10,000 worth of Amazon vouchers and was supposed to get 10% cashback but have only got 5% which is 500. The customer care guys are clueless and I'm supposed to mail some support ID now. It's always a pain dealing with HDFC customer care.
As far as I know, offer is 5x reward points (used to be 10x till couple of months back) for Infinia & DB CC and 5% cashback for other CC.
kavensri is online now  
Old 29th November 2021, 15:49   #5034
AZT
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bombay
Posts: 578
Thanked: 2,119 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
As far as I know, offer is 5x reward points (used to be 10x till couple of months back) for Infinia & DB CC and 5% cashback for other CC.
This was specifically for the October 28th and 29th Smartbuy days. You can check the exact details for all cards and cashback on the HDFC link below.

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/18117
AZT is offline  
Old 29th November 2021, 15:53   #5035
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 262
Thanked: 444 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
This was specifically for the October 28th and 29th Smartbuy days. You can check the exact details for all cards and cashback on the HDFC link below.

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/18117
I am sorry, I was not aware of this offer.
kavensri is online now  
Old 29th November 2021, 22:35   #5036
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 34
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Wanted to check what are the benefits of HDFC Infinia over Diners Black, apart from wider acceptance of VISA over Diners? I have a Diners Black card and have been offered Infinia, but I am not sure if there are any additional benefits.

Last edited by Tourer : 29th November 2021 at 22:39.
Tourer is offline  
Old 30th November 2021, 16:45   #5037
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Pune
Posts: 39
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Wanted to check what are the benefits of HDFC Infinia over Diners Black, apart from wider acceptance of VISA over Diners? I have a Diners Black card and have been offered Infinia, but I am not sure if there are any additional benefits.
Many benefits compared to DCB Black. Also, Infinia having wider acceptability makes it easy to earn points quicker. And since it's going to be Lifetime Free, makes sense to upgrade.
ronford is online now  
Old 1st December 2021, 11:37   #5038
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 381
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
All my main spends have always been on the HDFC cards. Iíve never had to pay the annual fee in years so thatís not an issue.

Honestly, will accept that obtaining the card is more of an ego appeasement thing. The metal Infinia is the apex predator of the lot and I wanted it.

I actually got the PVC card for a few days before the metal and trust me, the PVC version is incredibly staid. The text is printed, not embossed and the design looks very prosaic on plastic. In comparison, the earlier design on PVC looks great. The metal version looks and feels much better.

But I do concur with the core of your argument. If one has the PVC and will need to pay the annual fee, thereís no rational reason to upgrade.
If you are confident of meeting the spend based annual fee waiver, then definitely moving to metal makes sense. I have to admit, flashing a metal card really feels good (Except One Card). Been doing that for more than a year now.

I avoided moving to Metal Infinia as I did not want to move from 8 Lacs to 10 Lacs spending requirement for fee waiver. Have other cards which need to be given a fair share of transaction for good rewards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I had picked up 10,000 worth of Amazon vouchers and was supposed to get 10% cashback but have only got 5% which is 500. The customer care guys are clueless and I'm supposed to mail some support ID now. It's always a pain dealing with HDFC customer care.
Rest of the 5% will come in January-2022. That's how the Smartbuy Extra Savings Day Sale T&Cs are.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:35   #5039
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 381
Thanked: 719 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hello Guys!

Thought of sharing an Informative Conversation on Credit Cards that I did with someone from Twitter.



P.S. - The Youtube Channel isnt mine, nor trying to market it in any way.

There are a lot of insights in the video for beginners & mid-level credit card users.
tejas08 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:06   #5040
MSC
BHPian
 
MSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: HP/33
Posts: 274
Thanked: 736 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hello.
Can someone please provide a link to the escalation team in SBI card? The usual customer service is not being of any help. Any email id or something?
MSC is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks