Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 16:24   #5266
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromotive View Post
Fraud Alert
This time from the defrauding experts at Indiabulls.
Dhani (new fangled app based fintech from Indiabulls promoters) is apparently disbursing loans using random KYC/PAN details - ie. the loan recipient is different from the person in whose name the loan is being sanctioned.

Attachment 2273286
So I have a new consumer loan in Karur Vysay Bank for Rs.20,000 & another one with CapFloat Financial Services Pvt Ltd for Rs.5,000 both surprisingly opened on the same date 4/12/2021 and it shows two EMIs have already been processed.

Can anyone please guide me on how to report this?
Old 9th March 2022, 16:49   #5267
BHPian

Received an email last week from ICICI Bank that they are moving away from Payback rewards to a new rewards program from 1 April 2022 for both Debit and Credit cards.

No details on the new rewards program yet,

Below is the mailer for reference.

----

Dear Customer,

Our valued partnership with PAYBACK (Loyalty solutions) is expiring from Mar 31, 2022. It has been our privilege to serve you through this partnership for many years. We will credit all your PAYBACK Reward Points earned until March 2022 (Till your March, 2022 Statement/Billing Date) to your PAYBACK Account. Your PAYBACK points can be seamlessly redeemed exclusively from the PAYBACK website (www.payback.in), PAYBACK app and at PAYBACK partners, as per the programme.

We are delighted to launch a new ICICI Bank Rewards programme starting from Apr 01, 2022. You will now earn ICICI Bank Reward Points towards spends on your Credit & Debit Cards. You can track your ICICI Bank Reward Points through Internet Banking & the iMobile Pay app. Redemption of your ICICI Bank Reward Points, accrued from April 2022, shall start from Jul 01, 2022 on our rewards platform, with a specially customised list of hundreds of premium brands and services offerings.

To know more , please check the FAQ section.

-----
Old 9th March 2022, 17:07   #5268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
So I have a new consumer loan in Karur Vysay Bank for Rs.20,000 & another one with CapFloat Financial Services Pvt Ltd for Rs.5,000 both surprisingly opened on the same date 4/12/2021 and it shows two EMIs have already been processed.

Can anyone please guide me on how to report this?
Talk to Amazon customer service agent to close Amazon Pay Later account. Karur Vysya and Capfloat Financial are their NBFC partners. After you write to Amazon also write to Capital Float.
Old 12th March 2022, 12:09   #5269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Received an email last week from ICICI Bank that they are moving away from Payback rewards to a new rewards program from 1 April 2022 for both Debit and Credit cards.

-----
Good that ICICI is ditching Payback. It has become pretty useless after BharatPe took it over.
fazayal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 12:46   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Could you please tell me how you got this upgrade? I have been trying since more than an year, but they are not committing anything. My current DB is LTF, so I also want my upgraded CC to be LTF. May be, that is the reason they are not committing my request?
Yes it's unlikely that they will offer infinia as LTF. I put in an upgrade request and had to politely hold my ground that Diners is pretty useless now. It also helped that I have a significant relationship value with HDFC and that existing limits and spends were fairly high.

Write to their grievance redressal mail ID (the priority resolution one) they should be able to help

Last edited by Shreyas_H : 12th March 2022 at 12:47.
Shreyas_H is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 08:27   #5271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post

However the SmartBuy portal doesn't even seem to have the iPhone 13. Am I not looking at the correct section?
- It’s not good value to buy apple products here, unless MRP and points price is matching which it would for some products

- Apple lists it’s products here at their whim and fancy basis availability. iPhone 13/new MacBooks are relatively scarce due to chip shortage, so they aren’t listed here.

-best value is to use these points for flights/hotels or Tanishq vouchers
dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 09:11   #5272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I submitted my application to both HDFC and SBI. Both have not bothered to update me with any status. My CIBIL score is above 800 easily.
It's ridiculously easy actually. Invest in a couple of phone calls with their customer care. They are usually quite blunt where and why your application is stuck. It could be your intermittent out-of-country status complicating matters.

Further, if you have a NRE/NRO account with any bank here, approach them; should be easier.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 09:17   #5273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However the SmartBuy portal doesn't even seem to have the iPhone 13.
Step 1: Go here: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/
Step 2: Click on the Imagine store (second icon)
You'll be directed here: https://smartbuy.myimaginestore.com/

The 13 is available.

Make sure you follow from step 1, so it registers that you're visiting from Smartbuy. i.e. don't click on the link I've mentioned in Step 2 directly.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 10:30   #5274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
It's ridiculously easy actually. Invest in a couple of phone calls with their customer care. They are usually quite blunt where and why your application is stuck. It could be your intermittent out-of-country status complicating matters.

Further, if you have a NRE/NRO account with any bank here, approach them; should be easier.
I phoned up the customer care guys and gave them a piece of my mind. They promised me the card within 10 days. Hope this time they deliver on their word.
arunramaswamy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 10:54   #5275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Step 1: Go here: https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/
Step 2: Click on the Imagine store (second icon)
You'll be directed here: https://smartbuy.myimaginestore.com/

The 13 is available.

Make sure you follow from step 1, so it registers that you're visiting from Smartbuy. i.e. don't click on the link I've mentioned in Step 2 directly.
Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for, I'll try this later in the evening - I am assuming this allows me to use my reward points to purchase it right? (up to 70% of the value)
Old 20th March 2022, 07:33   #5276
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for, I'll try this later in the evening - I am assuming this allows me to use my reward points to purchase it right? (up to 70% of the value)
I don’t think so.

This is to purchase apple products and earn 5x points on them, not to redeem points.

For redemption the flow you were doing is the correct one.
Old 20th March 2022, 10:18   #5277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Why is it so hard to get a credit card in India? I submitted my application to both HDFC and SBI. Both have not bothered to update me with any status. My CIBIL score is above 800 easily. Yet I am finding it difficult to get a basic low balance card. I am fed up now and have decided not to apply for a goddamn credit card here. Ranting end!!
It's not just the CIBIL score but they look at your credit history term i.e. the number of years, the number and amount of debt taken and repaid (or being repaid) without default among other things. If you have been overseas then your credit history may fall a bit short.

If you have a NRE/NRO account use that as a lever since you don't want a card with a high credit limit.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 10:23   #5278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
It's not just the CIBIL score but they look at your credit history term i.e. the number of years, the number and amount of debt taken and repaid (or being repaid) without default among other things. If you have been overseas then your credit history may fall a bit short.
Makes sense now. I escalated my case to the higher level. I have now received approval message and has moved to shipping stage. Should be receiving my card in the next 7 business days.

Thanks everyone for all your support.
arunramaswamy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 10:27   #5279
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you can use your reward points to buy APPLE products. Just got a Mcbook Air using Smartbuy points last week(1 rs= 1 point conversation). Only drawback is you do not get a GST bill. But, that's fine.

P.S. How come no one is discussing regarding 10X points being slashed to 5x? Such a downer!
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 10:39   #5280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Yes, you can use your reward points to buy APPLE products. Just got a Mcbook Air using Smartbuy points last week(1 rs= 1 point conversation). Only drawback is you do not get a GST bill. But, that's fine.

P.S. How come no one is discussing regarding 10X points being slashed to 5x? Such a downer!
You can only buy the listed products on the smartbuy store with points, which does not have Iphone 13. The Imagine store does not have points redemption, you have to pay buy card and get 5X points.

On the 10X points, they have run it for quite some time and it must hurt them financially to continue the program.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks