Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2022, 19:19   #5296
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
For fuel transactions, a transaction charge is always added to the billed amount. Atleast that's the case with my infinia and Amazon pay ICICI cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The tax component of the transaction charge doesn't get reversed/credited back.
Citi IOC card gives complete surcharge reversal. But it is not the same with Amazon ICICI card & Infinia where the surcharge is not completely refunded. So when it comes to fuel I feel the best card is Citi IOC for fuel reward points as well.
smrtdvl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 23:34   #5297
Senior - BHPian

So few minutes back i got two notifications from icici credit card saying that:
1) a transaction of Rs75 was declined due to security reasons
2) a transaction of Euro 5 was declined as i had disabled international transactions
Both messages and mails do not show where the card was used.

I have temp blocked it on the icici app.

What am i looking at here? I have not travelled abroad in more than 2 years and have used the card only at reputed shops/sites.

Anyway running a full system scan for any viruses.
Old 26th March 2022, 03:47   #5298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I have temp blocked it on the icici app.
Definitely, your card data has been leaked to scamster(s).

To be doubly sure, report this to customer care on the phone and get a complaint number. Further, ask for a immediate cancellation of the current card and reissue with a different number.

They will do so immediately while they investigate the matter with the merchant(s) in question. Likely, they will issue an provisional credit and later a permanent one.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 11:12   #5299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So few minutes back i got two notifications from icici credit card saying that:
Just call the call center and ask them to issue a new card, mentioning the unauthorized trnsactions. Since there has been no debits due to the transactions, should be hassle free and a new card is sent out in a few days.

Most common reason would be due to leaked account details from any one of the e-commerce portals.
This is also one of the reasons in most of these portals, I don't choose the option to "remember credit card details", at the cost of convenience.
Old 26th March 2022, 11:37   #5300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Definitely, your card data has been leaked to scamster(s).

To be doubly sure, report this to customer care on the phone and get a complaint number. Further, ask for a immediate cancellation of the current card and reissue with a different number.

They will do so immediately while they investigate the matter with the merchant(s) in question. Likely, they will issue an provisional credit and later a permanent one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Just call the call center and ask them to issue a new card, mentioning the unauthorized trnsactions. Since there has been no debits due to the transactions, should be hassle free and a new card is sent out in a few days.

Most common reason would be due to leaked account details from any one of the e-commerce portals.
This is also one of the reasons in most of these portals, I don't choose the option to "remember credit card details", at the cost of convenience.
Yeah, after blocking the card on the app, i called up the customer care number today morning and they blocked the card permanently and issued a new replacement card which should reach me in 5 days time.

But on the app it should reflect before that so i can use the new card for online shopping.

Imagine to my shock someone had tried to use my card for 420 Euros at some site called ecab? Thankfully since i had disabled international transactions on the app, it didn't go through.

The 76 odd rupees that was blocked was charge for card verification which was also blocked by the bank due to security reasons which was pretty good in my opinion.

Good to see the fail safes in the credit card business these days.

Meanwhile i leave for Goa tomorrow without a credit card
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 17:08   #5301
BHPian

Has anyone here registered and been using Uni Cards?

Yesterday we few friends went out for a drive and halted at Soma Vineyard for some wine tasting and cheese platter. A friend paid using Uni card. It was accepted without any trouble, just like any other card. I know Vicky Kaushal has been split in 3 quite often now, however would like to know 1st hand experience and what are the hidden charges?
Old 28th March 2022, 09:06   #5302
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone with feedback with HSBC Premier credit card? Would like to understand the benefits of getting this card on a longer usage perspective.
Old 2nd April 2022, 14:33   #5303
BHPian

Got a mailer from Amex that there is a change in the membership rewards

Quote:
Currently, you have the option to redeem points under the Gold Collection benefit on your Card for a statement credit of ₹9,000 when you unlock the 24 Karat Gold Collection and ₹6,000 when you unlock the 18 Karat Gold Collection. As of 3 May 2022, this redemption option will be discontinued. We have added a host of new e-Vouchers to the Gold Collection for redemption of your points.
The Gold Collection benefit and the 1K bonus point were the primary reasons I took the card. Unless they replace it with something on par, would probably close this card.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 16:26   #5304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
The Gold Collection benefit and the 1K bonus point were the primary reasons I took the card. Unless they replace it with something on par, would probably close this card.
I too got the mail. But what I understand is that they have just stopped the statement credit. The rest of the 18k and 24k benefits remain as it is.
rajesh1868 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:13   #5305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I too got the mail. But what I understand is that they have just stopped the statement credit. The rest of the 18k and 24k benefits remain as it is.
You are right, it is indeed pointing to the removal of the statement credit option. I seem to have misread the statement.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 10:21   #5306
BHPian

I usually buy 10k Amazon vouchers every month using my infinia card from smartbuy.

Today I noticed that the monthly limit for buying Amazon vouchers is reduced from 10k to 5k.

First they reduced bonus reward points from 10x to 5x, now this
Everlearner is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 12:06   #5307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Anyone with feedback with HSBC Premier credit card? Would like to understand the benefits of getting this card on a longer usage perspective.
I have been using HSBC Premier Credit Card for some time. Apart from Golf privilege and Lounge facility, it also has good FX Markup rates (~1.99%), the Card offers BookMyShow and other Travel Portal benefits. The Reward rate is 2 Reward Points for every Rs.100 spent. Rewards Redemption Catalogue: https://www.creditcardrewards.hsbc.co.in/

However, what you should be aware of is the RBI's embargo on issue of new MasterCard branded cards. Link HSBC Premier Credit Card is only available on MasterCard.

Alternatively, what you can look at is HSBC Cashback Credit Card, more details here: https://www.hsbc.co.in/credit-cards/...visa-cashback/
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 13:52   #5308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Has anyone here registered and been using Uni Cards?

Yesterday we few friends went out for a drive and halted at Soma Vineyard for some wine tasting and cheese platter. A friend paid using Uni card. It was accepted without any trouble, just like any other card. I know Vicky Kaushal has been split in 3 quite often now, however would like to know 1st hand experience and what are the hidden charges?
I am using UNI card. There are absolutely no hidden charges that I have faced. The formula is simple-either the transaction gets divided into 3 equal parts OR if you pay in full, you get 1% instant cashback that gets adjusted in monthly statement.

An additional advantage as of now is that you can pay for your fuel using the card without any surcharges whatsoever. So you get to save that 1‰ if you pay in full.
headbanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 14:05   #5309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I usually buy 10k Amazon vouchers every month using my infinia card from smartbuy.

Today I noticed that the monthly limit for buying Amazon vouchers is reduced from 10k to 5k.

First they reduced bonus reward points from 10x to 5x, now this
There are hacks to everything. You just have to dig deeper.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 14:25   #5310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
There are hacks to everything. You just have to dig deeper.
Could you please share the hack?

Most Viewed