Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 12:15   #5566
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
What I like about the SC Ultimate is that the cashback is 3.3% no matter where you swipe...
Thanks. Can you confirm whether cashback is offered even on fuel related transactions? On the SC Super Value Titanium any fuel related transactions exceeding Rs.2000 are not eligible for cashbacks.
Old 14th July 2022, 12:21   #5567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Thanks. Can you confirm whether cashback is offered even on fuel related transactions? On the SC Super Value Titanium any fuel related transactions exceeding Rs.2000 are not eligible for cashbacks.
Filled INR 2000 of fuel and recd 67 points back.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot-20220714-12.19.20.png  

vinu_h is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 12:31   #5568
BHPian

Quote:
Filled INR 2000 of fuel and recd 67 points back.
Thanks. I have two additional queries:

1. Can these points be converted to cash? If not, then how do you utilize these points?

2. Are points credited back even when the fuel filled is for more than Rs.2000?
Old 14th July 2022, 16:25   #5569
BHPian

I'm paying credit card bills from HDFC net banking using the Millenia debit card, but didn't see any cashback points credited.

I just go to netbanking and bill pay section and pay the bill by entering the credit card number. Is there some other registration or step that need to be done to get the cashback?
Old 14th July 2022, 16:25   #5570
BHPian

Quote:
What I like about the SC Ultimate is that the cashback is 3.3% no matter where you swipe(except Int'l) and no other strings attached
Cant call it 'Cashback'. You have to compulsorily redeem for gift vouchers. No option of Amazon Gift Vouchers also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
I fly Vistara regularly and I am on the Platinum tier. Should I go for Axis Infinite?

I do have HDFC Infinia, btw.
No. If you are easily crossing the fee waiver threshold of HDFC Infinia, I would suggest taking Axis Vistara Signature or SBI Vistara Prime. Free Domestic Business Class tickets are not at all worth it.

Quote:
Thanks. I have two additional queries:

1. Can these points be converted to cash? If not, then how do you utilize these points?

2. Are points credited back even when the fuel filled is for more than Rs.2000?
Query 1 - No. Only Gift Vouchers of around 25-30 brands

Query 2 - Yes. No transaction limit on SCB Ultimate for Reward Points on Fuel. But no Fuel Surcharge Waiver either.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 17:11   #5571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Query 2 - Yes. No transaction limit on SCB Ultimate for Reward Points on Fuel. But no Fuel Surcharge Waiver either.
Thanks Tejas. I am presently using the SC Super Value Titanium. However, given the meager cashback and few offers I am considering applying for another CC.

I will primarily be using my card for fuel and travel related expenses. Will appreciate if you can suggest a few options that I can consider. Thanks!
Old 14th July 2022, 18:29   #5572
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tejas. I am presently using the SC Super Value Titanium. However, given the meager cashback and few offers I am considering applying for another CC.

I will primarily be using my card for fuel and travel related expenses. Will appreciate if you can suggest a few options that I can consider. Thanks!
What all cards do you have already apart from SC Super Value Titanium?

Some times the cards u hold could be extremely valuable for spends you thought they are useless.
Old 14th July 2022, 19:21   #5573
BHPian

Quote:
What all cards do you have already apart from SC Super Value Titanium?
I only have two cards - SC Super Value Titanium and ICICI Amazon Pay.
Old 14th July 2022, 23:32   #5574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
I fly Vistara regularly and I am on the Platinum tier. Should I go for Axis Infinite?
If you fly that regularly that you already have the Platinum tier, the sheen of the card does wear off quite a bit as it offers gold tier to those who don't fly that much.

But it does offer a flat 3% back on all transactions over transaction of 200 as Vistara points and business class tickets on payment on annual fees, on 2.5 lakh spend, on 5 lakhs spend, on 7.5 lakh spend, and on 12.5 lakh spend in a year.

So, for 7.5 lakh spend you pay 12000 as card fee and get 4 Business tickets, 22500 Vistara points and Vistara Gold tier.

Since you already get 3.3% back on Infinia (with 6.6% on dining), the only benefits would be 4 Business class tickets (that you need to book at least 1-2 weeks in advance to get the desired flight time). Also, Vistara Infinite does not come with a fee waiver so up to you to decide whether 12000 is worth it or not.
anti21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 07:10   #5575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
(Reposting from a different thread) Has anyone heard about the OneCard credit card? Pune based firm seemingly seeing a lot of VC funds investment. Can't see any breakthrough innovation/capability that would support this firm to be successful. They have tieups with 5 banks (Federal, BoB, etc.)

https://getonecard.app/

https://techcrunch.com/2022/07/13/in...fresh-funding/
Hey ninjatalli, Onecard is a credit line which is similar to slice. I've last heard that these were going to be regulated. Another thing is when you apply and check your cibil score after card issuance, the limit on the card would be x and the lending approved to you in cibil would be 1500 or 1000 INR. Frankly speaking, I don't find any value except ordering food through zomato/swiggy. Also, the reward point rate is 2pts/100Rs spent.(5x reward points are tempting, but I don't think they can sustain giving out 10pts/100rs in the long term). Overall, if this is the only card you have, it can make sense, but there are plenty of good options in the market which can help maximise value.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 10:05   #5576
BHPian

After the indifference from HDFC on my online application which mysteriously is still in process for 7 months, I applied for the IDFC Wealth card last week and it only took 30 mins from me typing in my name in the application to having a virtual KYC done and even making my first transaction with the virtual card issued in the app. What a difference in experience it was!!

I’m not going to compare the cards and their benefits - HDFC Regalia/Infinia with IDFC First Select/Wealth but just wanted to mention the experience signing up for one.

HDFC has gotten too big for its own good that they do not care about new customers. I have had bitter experience with them all the way 13 years back and good to see they remain unchanged in their customer service. I guess it will be the last time I ever look for a HDFC product.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 15th July 2022 at 10:07.
Old 15th July 2022, 10:43   #5577
BHPian

Quote:
I only have two cards - SC Super Value Titanium and ICICI Amazon Pay.
Ok. So nothing much already. I would suggest to look at SBI BPCL or SBI BCL Octane Cards. Pick up one based on your extent of Fuel Spends.

Rest there are different strategies to use non-fuel cards for fuel spends and still gain good reward rate but this depends on a lot of factors:

- Total Spends
- Spend Categories
- Type of Rewards required (Cashback or Travel Rewards)
- Base City

Adding a couple of Youtube Videos here as reference.

P.S. - Its me in the video but the channel is not mine. I was only called for a one-one discussion on Credit Cards & Airmiles.

Credit Card Basics

Basics of Airmiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
Hey ninjatalli, Onecard is a credit line which is similar to slice.
No. One Card is a Proper Credit Card and not a Credit Line like BNPLs.
tejas08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 10:55   #5578
Senior - BHPian

What are the options these days to add funds to Apple to make App Store purchases using credit cards or reward points?

Previously i used to add funds using credit card option and that's no longer available. Only options are UPI and Net Banking.

Apple India website lists Amazon, PayTM and PhonePe as online stores where one can buy gift cards. I didn't find these gift cards in Amazon and i am not sure of PhonePe because i don't use it, so ended up using PayTM to buy. Even here, i was surprised to see that it didn't accept Amex cards!

Quote:
You have to go to Smartbuy page and then under Privileges -> Infinia -> Rewards -> Apple Vouchers
Is this still possible for Infinia? In any case this isn't available for Regalia cards unfortunately.
Old 16th July 2022, 11:07   #5579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Is this still possible for Infinia? In any case this isn't available for Regalia cards unfortunately.
Very much. Thats a feature / benefit of Infinia. Not available on any other HDFC Cards.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 01:14   #5580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post

Since you already get 3.3% back on Infinia (with 6.6% on dining),
The 2X (6.6%) rewards on dining has been discontinued by HDFC by 31st Dec 2021.
shyampsunder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks